Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injectors quit pulsing, need help on new startup

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injectors quit pulsing, need help on new startup

Ok guys I need help getting my car started back for the first time with the new motor in it. I'll get one problem solved then run into another. I've got good fuel pressure, spark plugs are firing, checked all my sensors. We've come down to discovering that my injectors quit pulsing after it fires for about 5 sec. We thought that the theft deterrent system might be shutting it down. Anyone have an idea on what is happening here?

On a side note, I've got an interceptor scan gauge in the car and I can hold the throttle wide open, butterfly on the TB is all the way open, and my gauge tells me I only have 31% throttle. It's a new TPS sensor, even tried the old one, same thing on both of them. Tried doing a reset on it but I didn't know if that would help any with the motor not running.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default No start

I had a similar problem. It was either the cam or crank sensor. If the comp cannot tell the timing sequence it will not fire the injectors. You should be able to disconnect the sensor and try cranking. If it starts and runs then replace the sensor. If you have an AutoZone store they should be able to print you a diagnostic tree for the injectors not pulsing.

TT
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

New crank and cam sensor still same thing. I have to cycle the ignition at least 3 times in between it firing up.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

" We thought that the theft deterrent system might be shutting it down. Anyone have an idea on what is happening here?"

Have you had the VATS removed?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure. I sent the pcm to Frost for a tune to get it up and running but I don't know if the VATS was removed.