Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

99-02 ls1 gas tank question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99-02 ls1 gas tank question

i cut my floor to put a fuel pump in with a cutoff wheel and sliced into what i think is the vent,does this come off or is there a way to fix it,here is a pic,
im pretty sure it doesnt come off and i am going to have to buy a tank,so if anyone has a plastic tank near chicago or indiana let me know
Old 07-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

That is the FLVV, Fill Limit Vent Valve, vent vapors in the tank and triggers shut off when filling. As you can tell, it is welded to the tank and not serviceable, you need a new tank unfortunately. You could patch a small hole with JB Weld, but yours looks to be beyond help especially with the vent line off...sorry dude
Old 07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly why cutting a hole is not cool. It takes as much effort to move the carpet as it does to drop the tank. It's not worth it. Sorry for the bad luck.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

yea,well i got the tank out,it wasnt that bad,if i didnt have center mount exhaust it would of been alot easier,i unbolted both muffler hangers and both panhard bars and unbolted the 2 bottom shock bolts to lower the rear and exhaust,unbolted two metal heat shields and the tank straps ,i had to fight a little to get it out because it kept hitting the center mount exhaust and it had alot of gas still in it,but its out and i got a new one on the way,i think someone should come out with a template to cut the floor ,if i didnt mess up my tank i would have been good and now if i ever go with a bigger pump i have access to it now