View Full Version : Air force TSgt here

Silver Sleeper
07-21-2012, 04:50 PM
any other AF members on here?

im a T2W171 F15E strike Eagle weapons system FTD instructor here at seymour johnson AFB

been in 17 years..i missed Master by a few points this year....i hate studying

pontiac_boy
07-21-2012, 11:24 PM
I started my career in the AF late 2A6x1 Jet troop. Just a year in stationed at JB Charleston. Love it so far.

Pipelayaz
07-21-2012, 11:38 PM
There's a shit ton of AF guys on here.

Dustin Raab
07-21-2012, 11:48 PM
^^^^^Agreed. I'm a 3D156 out at Holloman. Headed to Tyndall early next year. Hope to find out I made staff next month!

pontiac_boy
07-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Arent a couple members TIs?

just2damcoo
07-22-2012, 01:01 AM
2A6X2 here

90TSiAWD
07-22-2012, 09:15 PM
2A6X1 here stationed at Travis but out at Ali right now....can't wait to retrain. LOL

canada4g63
07-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Too soon on the TI stuff, they make us all look bad rite now.

pontiac_boy
07-23-2012, 12:22 AM
2A6X1 here stationed at Travis but out at Ali right now....can't wait to retrain. LOL

You work on the 17s? How do you like Travis?

Yeah wasnt thinking of that when i posted.

StoleIt
07-23-2012, 12:23 AM
AF?

That's gay...:secret2:

AlamoTA
07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Probably one of the senior AD AF guys on here. Started as a 1A6X6 back at Travis in the late 80's. Spent time pushing troops at Lackland in the late 90's then crossed over to Aircrew. Flying a desk until retirement:)

minytrker
07-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I started my career in the AF late 2A6x1 Jet troop. Just a year in stationed at JB Charleston. Love it so far.

I was a crew chief station there from 99-08, couldn't wait to leave. The first 4 or 5 years weren't bad but it went down hill after that. I have never seen another base that changes squadrons,sections, and re-organizes so much. I think I was 6 or 7 different named sections in 9 years.

97ConvTA
07-23-2012, 04:38 PM
3D1X5 here... Currently stationed at Dyess AFB.

sittinlovely
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
2A6X1 here, in route to dyess from lakenheath

bene
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
2A6X1 here, in route to dyess from lakenheath

3E471 here. I'm in RAF Lakenhell as well. I can't wait to get out of here. Hoping to get an instructor job in Tyndall or be station either of the Carolinas. I wouldn't mind being station in Dyess... Close to home.

I missed tech by 1 POINT.:(

bene
07-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Probably one of the senior AD AF guys on here. ...

That's badass. I haven't met any senior NCOs in my career that drives a fbody.

I have a super that gets scared whenever I start my car by him. lol.

Silver Sleeper
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
i may be alone here but im ready to retire...the current AF is certainly not what i joined in 1995.....no offense to the E-1 to E-4's on this forum but i cant stand the mentality of todays airman..the " I didnt join to deploy" , "you cant talk to me like that" .."what are you going to do for me?" generation in todays AF.....alot of it has to do with the promotion rates and how they basically give E-5 away nowdays....seriously....how could you possibly think you are ready to be an NCO and a supervisor at only 4 to 5 years of service....with the way the smart ass airman are now days, they mow over the new staff sergeants like nothing because those ssgt's havent had enough time in to learn how to lead and stand up to those airman...

Silver Sleeper
07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
i have heard nothing but bad things about Lakenpuke..lol

Seymour Johnson isnt bad and there is a ton of drag strips within driving distance from the base...im a weapons instructor on F-15E's here and there is an F-15 crew chief hot training tech school in my unit...

3E471 here. I'm in RAF Lakenhell as well. I can't wait to get out of here. Hoping to get an instructor job in Tyndall or be station either of the Carolinas. I wouldn't mind being station in Dyess... Close to home.

I missed tech by 1 POINT.:(

eroc022
07-23-2012, 10:15 PM
6 Years in 2T1X1.... hate the job, but its paying bills... enjoy the AF, just not the way it runs here at Andrews... or JBAB.....

AlamoTA
07-24-2012, 09:08 AM
6 Years in 2T1X1.... hate the job, but its paying bills... enjoy the AF, just not the way it runs here at Andrews... or JBAB.....

Ever have to go through the BC3 course or CAST?

eroc022
07-24-2012, 10:51 PM
yup last year, then back in 08 BC3 that is....

burnstacp
07-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Retired (not by choice) 1C4 (TACP) here. I know what you mean about all the younger dudes. We just smoke the piss out of them. We don't have to worry about the I didn't join to deploy group though. Most of the young guys are beggin to get out the door. It's the older guys with 7 plus deployments under their belts that are tired of going down range.

AlamoTA
07-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Retired (not by choice) 1C4 (TACP) here. I know what you mean about all the younger dudes. We just smoke the piss out of them. We don't have to worry about the I didn't join to deploy group though. Most of the young guys are beggin to get out the door. It's the older guys with 7 plus deployments under their belts that are tired of going down range.

Hats off to you! Your group as well as all the Battlefield Airmen are a special bunch thats somewhat seperated from most of the AF(including flyers). You cant be forced to do it, hell even if if you want, the odds are against it. Your atrition rate is still very high. High ops tempo really takes a toll on you and your families. I can certainly see the burnout possibilities amongst your group.
Anyway, times have changed. The way people are raised has changed. Now we have to adapt and provide a little more leadership and a whole lot of guidance to the next set of defenders. They'll be okay. The AF was fine before us and will be fine long after all of us retire. Good Luck and Thanks for what you've done!

pontiac_boy
07-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Ive only been in for a year and for the most part i agree with what you guys are saying. However i joined to deploy and to serve. I wanted to go marines but my wife and parents put a stop to that. I may be a little different because im 25 and i think alot of the problem could be lack of maturity but i came in within a couple months of some airmen who i look at and listen to and it makes me wonder how or even why they got in. If im told what to do i dont question it i dont hesitate i get up and go do it while others either have to be told twice or start back talking. So i agree in a way but i would say its about half and half.

JCSWS6
07-25-2012, 11:21 AM

Spent my first 4 years as a vehicle ops guy, grew up a lot in that job. I'm a 3D090 and have done just about every job you can think of in the AF . Currently a graduate student at AFIT (grad next month).

As far as SNCOs with f-bodies I remember when the dorms and housing were full of them. I think most have just left the hobby as they've gotten busy with family. I'm still a member of the busted knuckle garage :cheers:

Silver Sleeper
07-25-2012, 03:32 PM
ive been down range 8 times now....once im done with instructor duty im pretty sure i will be heading back...

Silver Sleeper
07-25-2012, 03:35 PM
i agree with you...maturity does have alot to do with it....it seems like alot more "rich" kids are joining...mommy and daddy spoiled them growing up and they thought it would be "cool" to join the military....they soon find out that the first few years of the military isnt all that fun and you get treated like crap.....

Ive only been in for a year and for the most part i agree with what you guys are saying. However i joined to deploy and to serve. I wanted to go marines but my wife and parents put a stop to that. I may be a little different because im 25 and i think alot of the problem could be lack of maturity but i came in within a couple months of some airmen who i look at and listen to and it makes me wonder how or even why they got in. If im told what to do i dont question it i dont hesitate i get up and go do it while others either have to be told twice or start back talking. So i agree in a way but i would say its about half and half.

eroc022
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Spent my first 4 years as a vehicle ops guy, grew up a lot in that job. I'm a 3D090 and have done just about every job you can think of in the AF . Currently a graduate student at AFIT (grad next month).

first off congrats, on both getting out of the 2T1 career field, and graduating, second Ill say now our job is back to the pre-9/11 days for the most part, the convoys were awesome, sucked, but were awesome...

Pipelayaz
07-26-2012, 01:35 AM

AAaaaaaaaaand you can shut the fuck up. Especially considering you have no idea what your talking about and what goes on down here. And TI's don't make you look bad. AB Walker does.

Pipelayaz
07-26-2012, 01:38 AM

There's a few of us on here.:)

FRDnemesis
07-26-2012, 11:28 AM
any other AF members on here?

im a T2W171 F15E strike Eagle weapons system FTD instructor here at seymour johnson AFB

been in 17 years..i missed Master by a few points this year....i hate studying

T2A6X6 for C17A once upon a time at Charleston, AFB. I hated studying for those damn tests too!

Nice project car! There is a guy here in Charleston who just finished his 5.3 LSx Turbo swap into his 86' Foxbody. I've considered trying to find an 87-93 coupe and doing one also.

jeff

The Professor
07-26-2012, 06:38 PM
another tech here....10 years as a 1N3. anyone in korea right now?

90TSiAWD
07-26-2012, 09:25 PM
You work on the 17s? How do you like Travis?

Yeah wasnt thinking of that when i posted.

Yupp C-17s Travis is pretty nice the car scene is pretty good out here lots of tracks to go to and events. Although California has some pretty stupid laws but there are ways around them, I do still prefer the east coast but I enjoy it here. As for my squadron it sucks but that seems to be the trend with most MX squadrons it seems everyone hates where they are stationed for the most part.

Like I said I'm retraining. LOL

Well that's good, I know what you mean about back talking and all of that crap. I just turend 22 and sewed on SSgt so I'm actually one of the youngest guys in our squadron so some lower ranking older airman don't like to listen. Lol

Silver Sleeper
07-26-2012, 09:42 PM
best advice i can give young SSgt is this: establish your authority early...not by being a dick but by being firm but fair...and then be a dick if you have to..LOL

the airman have a hard time adjusting to new SSgt's because just yesterday, that SSgt was one of them..

as an Instructor, i have no problem correcting anyone if i am in the right...as long as you are professional and respectful things usually will result well.....there are those times when you have to put on the black hat and be an A-hole....its part of the job....always remember, we are training our replacements. :cheers:

Yupp C-17s Travis is pretty nice the car scene is pretty good out here lots of tracks to go to and events. Although California has some pretty stupid laws but there are ways around them, I do still prefer the east coast but I enjoy it here. As for my squadron it sucks but that seems to be the trend with most MX squadrons it seems everyone hates where they are stationed for the most part.

Like I said I'm retraining. LOL

Well that's good, I know what you mean about back talking and all of that crap. I just turend 22 and sewed on SSgt so I'm actually one of the youngest guys in our squadron so some lower ranking older airman don't like to listen. Lol

pontiac_boy
07-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Ive got alot of respect for TIs and id be willing to say next the the BA its got to be one of the hardest and most demanding jobs in the AF. I dont think i could do it and from so of the things ive here many of the same things go on in other jobs.

Im actually older then my supervisor by a couple months and its pretty wierd but it is what it is.

AlamoTA
07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Ive got alot of respect for TIs and id be willing to say next the the BA its got to be one of the hardest and most demanding jobs in the AF. I dont think i could do it and from so of the things ive here many of the same things go on in other jobs....,

Its definitely demanding, but realistically, its no harder than many jobs in the Air Force. You put in long hours at the begining, but if you got time management skills and a good teamee, you should still have a life outside of work. Unfortunately, its easy to make your hours long if you want. Those who claim to work 70 or 80 a week all the time are doing something wrong.

canada4g63
07-27-2012, 05:09 PM
AAaaaaaaaaand you can shut the fuck up. Especially considering you have no idea what your talking about and what goes on down here. And TI's don't make you look bad. AB Walker does.

AWWWWWWW did i hurt you feelings? You mad bro?
So your telling me a guy that did all that shit and no one knew about it? Fucking pathetic if you ask me, one of the reasons why the younger gen of AF are a bunch of pussy, and yes TI's do make people look bad i don't know how many airman I've locked up and or kicked out because they some how made there way in the AF because TI's were soft on them and there lack of respect.

bene
07-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Both of you are out line. Mind your Ps and Qs. This is a public forum, anybody and everyone can read your comments.

You are still military with a sense of respect to yourself and to everyone on and off duty regardless of the mistakes of someone else.

One rotten apple doesn't necessarily spoils the whole bunch. That is like saying the rest of the AF or military is bad because of this incident.

Yes, it is horrible to say the least that this happened, it is very unfortunate to have the trainees experienced this. I wonder if one or all of them went to SARC sooner would the extent of his hideous acts stop a lot earlier and would have less victims.

I know female MTI slots are very slim which is part of the reason why this happened, male TI with female flights (smh).

Pipelayaz
07-28-2012, 10:41 AM
One rotten apple doesn't necessarily spoils the whole bunch. That is like saying the rest of the AF or military is bad because of this incident.

Thank you!

Pipelayaz
07-28-2012, 11:04 AM
So your telling me a guy that did all that shit and no one knew about it? Fucking pathetic if you ask me, one of the reasons why the younger gen of AF are a bunch of pussy, and yes TI's do make people look bad i don't know how many airman I've locked up and or kicked out because they some how made there way in the AF because TI's were soft on them and there lack of respect.

Kudos to you for doing your job "bro"!! :thumb:

StoleIt
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Both of you are out line. Mind your Ps and Qs. This is a public forum, anybody and everyone can read your comments.

You are still military with a sense of respect to yourself and to everyone on and off duty regardless of the mistakes of someone else.

Yes, it's an open forum but nothing being said is approaching taboo. Long as you guys don't start talking OPSEC it's all good with me.

I concur.

badazz81z28
08-01-2012, 07:54 PM
i may be alone here but im ready to retire...the current AF is certainly not what i joined in 1995.....no offense to the E-1 to E-4's on this forum but i cant stand the mentality of todays airman..the " I didnt join to deploy" , "you cant talk to me like that" .."what are you going to do for me?" generation in todays AF.....alot of it has to do with the promotion rates and how they basically give E-5 away nowdays....seriously....how could you possibly think you are ready to be an NCO and a supervisor at only 4 to 5 years of service....with the way the smart ass airman are now days, they mow over the new staff sergeants like nothing because those ssgt's havent had enough time in to learn how to lead and stand up to those airman...

The issue really goes all the way up the chain. Its not the Amn, its the NCOs, their supervisors, and SNCOs. Who is enforcing the standards? If the young SSgts are not putting their subordinates in line, obviously their supervisor isnt doing it either.

As a SNCO if you notice a problem with an Airman and TSgt or SSgt Snuffy isnt doing anything about it, what are you doing to hold the TSgt/SSgt accountable?

Depending on what rank/position you hold, if you are putting your troop in check, he will be doing the same. People who violate regs, are dis-respectful, or just don't meet standards will either correct the behaivor or be out the front gate if YOU are doing your job.

Its hard to blame to the young Airmen or even the young NCOs because its been the this way for years. Anyone remember the great SSgt give away in 2001? Yes...Most of those are the TSgts and alot of those are now MSgts! Did they grow into the positions? Some did, Some didnt....

firemech21
08-01-2012, 08:16 PM

1 thing I can say where you are clueless on our job here, is sometimes we cant get rid of the crappy recruits. If anyone in our CoC above the flight MTI is worried about attrition, then we dont recycle the trainee no matter what. The first year I was here it didnt matter what they did or didnt do, they graduated. Hows that our fault, its not thats a plain and simple failure of the system.

Silver Sleeper
08-01-2012, 08:44 PM
you are correct to an extent...as the saying goes "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink".....yes, some supervision up to the top can in fact be the problem but when the new airman are instilled with all these "rights" when they come up through BMT and Tech training they get this false sense of security thinking that they can challenge whatever they are told. .all these agencies airman can go to now to bitch and complain or report their bosses for things that hurt their feelings...this is the military for gods sake and the AF is going the polar opposite and following the "corporate" world.....i remember the "shut the fuck up and color saying when i was coming up in the AF in the mid 90's..i made SSgt in 2000 and sewed on in 2001.....when i came in, there were SrA with 7-8 years TIS and that was the norm...you RESPECTED SrA back then...nowdays you can hardly get respect as an E5 or E6 ......who's fault is is? sometimes the supervisor, the flight chief or even the commander.....the problem i really see nowdays thinking about it are the SNCO's that dont back up their junior NCO's....is your spine removed when given E7? seems to me this is the route the SNCO corp is heading....the bad part is the Airman see this and know they can just go cry the blues to your boss and get what they want....this is how it is here at least..i deal with Tech school students along with training 5 and 7 level's as well in my job...we do our best to reshape our students into good airman and NCO's but one person can only do so much.....its frustrating and im glad i retire in 2015.....middle management in the AF (SSgt-TSgt) are the whipping boys of the enlisted corp..

The issue really goes all the way up the chain. Its not the Amn, its the NCOs, their supervisors, and SNCOs. Who is enforcing the standards? If the young SSgts are not putting their subordinates in line, obviously their supervisor isnt doing it either.

As a SNCO if you notice a problem with an Airman and TSgt or SSgt Snuffy isnt doing anything about it, what are you doing to hold the TSgt/SSgt accountable?

Depending on what rank/position you hold, if you are putting your troop in check, he will be doing the same. People who violate regs, are dis-respectful, or just don't meet standards will either correct the behaivor or be out the front gate if YOU are doing your job.

Its hard to blame to the young Airmen or even the young NCOs because its been the this way for years. Anyone remember the great SSgt give away in 2001? Yes...Most of those are the TSgts and alot of those are now MSgts! Did they grow into the positions? Some did, Some didnt....

Silver Sleeper
08-01-2012, 08:47 PM
as a tech training instructor that explains alot...i dont know how many times we ask new students "how in the hell did to manage to make it through BMT?"

1 thing I can say where you are clueless on our job here, is sometimes we cant get rid of the crappy recruits. If anyone in our CoC above the flight MTI is worried about attrition, then we dont recycle the trainee no matter what. The first year I was here it didnt matter what they did or didnt do, they graduated. Hows that our fault, its not thats a plain and simple failure of the system.

badazz81z28
08-01-2012, 09:15 PM
You just said it! "SNCOs don't back you up". Thats my point. A failure in the chain.

I agree the AF is transitioning to a corporate style. I have attended many of these new seminars. The goal of "leading the troops to WANT to do their job and do it well" rather than the ole school of "shut up and color" mentality. Obviously you can't change everyone and we have to see they find the door and it does take the support of the entire chain.

I don't know where it comes from, but I'm sick of hearing people having to defend the "3" or "4" EPRs they write let alone a markdown.

As a single person, we can't change the entire AF, but if we all handle whats in our span of control we can make a difference for the better.

Silver Sleeper
08-01-2012, 09:27 PM
well said!!!! :cheers:

You just said it! "SNCOs don't back you up". Thats my point. A failure in the chain.

I agree the AF is transitioning to a corporate style. I have attended many of these new seminars. The goal of "leading the troops to WANT to do their job and do it well" rather than the ole school of "shut up and color" mentality. Obviously you can't change everyone and we have to see they find the door and it does take the support of the entire chain.

I don't know where it comes from, but I'm sick of hearing people having to defend the "3" or "4" EPRs they write let alone a markdown.

As a single person, we can't change the entire AF, but if we all handle whats in our span of control we can make a difference for the better.

2000Z28ls1
08-12-2012, 08:50 AM
2A6x1 here stationed in Lakenheath, hoping to get back to the states to get back into an LS car, These econo box's depress me.

HoLLo
08-13-2012, 03:29 PM
SrA here. Just hit my 3 year mark, and missed the cutoff date to test for Staff this year by 8 days. I'm at Little Rock as 1C7x1, Airfield Management. Just got done with Honor Guard, I loved it. I'm just crossing my fingers to get overseas!!! I've been constantly applying for every slot available to no avail yet.

bene
08-13-2012, 03:32 PM
2A6x1 here stationed in Lakenheath, hoping to get back to the states to get back into an LS car, These econo box's depress me.

That's why I brought my Z28 here in Lakenheath.:)

2000Z28ls1
08-13-2012, 04:52 PM

I see your parked at the Post office now and again the one with the Z06 wheels right?, the few other fbodys I have seen have been a black T/A that sounds cammed, and the SOM Z28 that sits at the abandon gas station and doesn't move..

Jim

HoLLo
08-13-2012, 10:46 PM

I bet a Fbody really is a head turner over there huh? If you had the choice, would you bring your car again? I'm wondering where are the good bases to bring your car.

ORedRoc4
08-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I bet a Fbody really is a head turner over there huh? If you had the choice, would you bring your car again? I'm wondering where are the good bases to bring your car.

I was at Lakenheath with my Z28 and Trans Am. Dude, BRING IT. The roads are so much fun...

minytrker
08-16-2012, 12:37 AM
you are correct to an extent...as the saying goes "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink".....yes, some supervision up to the top can in fact be the problem but when the new airman are instilled with all these "rights" when they come up through BMT and Tech training they get this false sense of security thinking that they can challenge whatever they are told. .all these agencies airman can go to now to bitch and complain or report their bosses for things that hurt their feelings...this is the military for gods sake and the AF is going the polar opposite and following the "corporate" world.....i remember the "shut the fuck up and color saying when i was coming up in the AF in the mid 90's..i made SSgt in 2000 and sewed on in 2001.....when i came in, there were SrA with 7-8 years TIS and that was the norm...you RESPECTED SrA back then...nowdays you can hardly get respect as an E5 or E6 ......who's fault is is? sometimes the supervisor, the flight chief or even the commander.....the problem i really see nowdays thinking about it are the SNCO's that dont back up their junior NCO's....is your spine removed when given E7? seems to me this is the route the SNCO corp is heading....the bad part is the Airman see this and know they can just go cry the blues to your boss and get what they want....this is how it is here at least..i deal with Tech school students along with training 5 and 7 level's as well in my job...we do our best to reshape our students into good airman and NCO's but one person can only do so much.....its frustrating and im glad i retire in 2015.....middle management in the AF (SSgt-TSgt) are the whipping boys of the enlisted corp..

I was in the AF from 98-08 (crew chief), you wrote almost exactly word for word on how I felt in the AF. When I came in we SrA driving our trucks and running things. I came in as A1C and remember guys reenlisting as SrA for the second time. It was a HUGE deal when someone made SSgt until the great SSgt give away. I didnt mind because I came in A1C and made SSgt my first time and had it on at my 4 year mark. Then it seemed like SSgt was the new SrA. It seemed after the big SSgt give away the AF started going down hill. I remember being a SSgt and not even being able to anything with one of airmen after he got caught drinking underage. He then got a DUI and lost a stripe and with his huge stack of LOR's they still didnt kick him out. I requested they move him to graveshift with me and they said no cause he wanted to work days. The "new" AF said just give him a LOC or LOR. I remember people cleaning flower beds, vehicles, buildings, and even building a fence on extra duty when I came in. All that slowly went away and you just give them paperwork. I cant imagine how bad it is now lol.

blakemedley
08-26-2012, 05:53 AM
I was at Lakenheath with my Z28 and Trans Am. Dude, BRING IT. The roads are so much fun...

What roads? I'm at Mildenhall and I don't have my f-body here with me but I've got an STI and all these roads just give me a headache. I miss having a canyon road just 5 miles from my house, these roads suck imo.

BullyDawg
08-26-2012, 06:59 AM
I am a 2A0X1S currently stationed in Misawa, Japan working F16's. Missing my V8's... Have 1 year 9 months left and I'll be rolling out to college!

baggett3_27
08-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I see your parked at the Post office now and again the one with the Z06 wheels right?, the few other fbodys I have seen have been a black T/A that sounds cammed, and the SOM Z28 that sits at the abandon gas station and doesn't move..

Jim

The black T/A would be me!

Compg
08-28-2012, 03:21 AM

^ That's it Pipe get him. I'm so tired of the TI jokes because of a few shit heads. I held a hell of a position that I will always be proud of for 5 years as an Air Force MTI. Now I'm just a regular ol AGE guy again lost in some God forsaken country for what doesn't seem like any real reason.

OP- I'm a Shady J guy as well, just deployed right now with the Rockets. I don't have an F body, just an ugly orange loud Pontiac G8.
Tate

Pipelayaz
08-28-2012, 09:03 AM
^ That's it Pipe get him. I'm so tired of the TI jokes because of a few shit heads. I held a hell of a position that I will always be proud of for 5 years as an Air Force MTI. Now I'm just a regular ol AGE guy again lost in some God forsaken country for what doesn't seem like any real reason.

OP- I'm a Shady J guy as well, just deployed right now with the Rockets. I don't have an F body, just an ugly orange loud Pontiac G8.
Tate

Ha...Shady J isn't that bad is it? I'm trying to make my way toward Charleston myself after I leave here. I got extended 3 months though, so I have until Oct of next year yet. I'm pretty excited to get back to POL actually.

Silver Sleeper
08-28-2012, 04:01 PM
right on....i know a few guys from Age..one of them is an instructor with me...

i have 1 more year of instructor duty and i get to submit my BOP tomorrow hopefully in 2 weeks i find out im getting orders out west to Luke or Nellis...ive been at seymour since 2001...im fed up with it

Tate

bene
08-28-2012, 04:13 PM

Jim

Yeah, that is my car. That 2002 SOM Z28 is for sale, it's my friend's car. He is wanting it for $15K or 10K pounds. No mods at all and it has 15K miles.

bene
08-28-2012, 04:18 PM
What roads? I'm at Mildenhall and I don't have my f-body here with me but I've got an STI and all these roads just give me a headache. I miss having a canyon road just 5 miles from my house, these roads suck imo.

There is a road race track in Snetterton about an hour away from Lakenheath/Mildenhall.

If you really want to drive, Nurburgring is only 8 hrs away. Stay a night on Spangdahlem and head out to the Ring.

It's a blast.

Also, Silverstone track isn't too far away from our area.

bene
08-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Yeah, it's that all the time.

If I had to the to do it again... always.

England isn't the best place to bring your car however car scenes aren't too bad. A lot road course tracks, car shows and one 1/4 track 1-2 hrs from me.

Spangdahlem is the best base to go to, Ramstein is second however be prepared for snow.

bdonn8484
09-20-2012, 09:48 PM
2A5X2 here. Helicopter crew chief on the HH60G. Currently in the process of retraining to be an FE. SSgt with a little over 9 years in.

FocusVince
09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Currently at tech school for 2A6X1D for the F-15E.
First duty station is Seymour Johnson AFB. I will be in the back shop.

99WS7
09-30-2012, 02:35 PM
3E771 out of Aviano...Currently TDY getin my "re-blue" on at Kisling NCOA (Ramstein area). Got 13 in, did my first 8 as a B1 Crew Chief and then fell under NCORP. I concur with a lot of what has been said about the new AF. I'd say it's not as bad in the FD but we have more control of them. Still have cry babies though...I am always FIRM but FAIR. I came in and worked my way up on the Flt line so I know all about respect...I just wish more did.

No fun car here, sold my Cobra before coming here (Korea)...I rarely see a LS car in Italy but have seen a few here in Germany. The other day at the shoppete I heard a car start up and was like....that is a LS1!! Looked over and it was a Black Trans AM with a basic cat back...I miss mine so much!

JHL88
10-01-2012, 05:33 AM
2a6x4 at osan korea here. pcs'ing to kansas in december