View Full Version : awesome find

bartman119
07-22-2012, 06:07 PM
ok so i found a 02 ws6 trans am for sale, it only has 3k miles!!! hope its true and as good as it says will hopefully get to look at it next week. it is listed for $24,500. do you think this is a fair price? i see others for 20k and have 30k miles

zeeman99
07-22-2012, 07:11 PM
That sounds high to me, but it just depends on how bad you want it. I paid much less for my 99 WS6 with 15K miles back in May. The worst part of owning a low mileage WS6 is that you don't really want to put many miles on it!!

bartman119
07-22-2012, 07:16 PM
That sounds high to me, but it just depends on how bad you want it. I paid much less for my 99 WS6 with 15K miles back in May. The worst part of owning a low mileage WS6 is that you don't really want to put many miles on it!!

yeah? ive been looking and all i find is trans ams that arent ws6 or ones that are and have over 30k miles on them and they want like 18k

JaYZeig
07-22-2012, 07:32 PM
if your at all interested, ive got a buddy thats selling his 01 or 02 trans am, car has 18k miles, its an m6 car with some bolt on's...he was lookin to get $16,500...pm me if your interested and i can have him get ahold of you.

Sladester2
07-22-2012, 07:34 PM
a 2002 with low miles is worth more than a 99 honestly.

bartman119
07-22-2012, 07:44 PM
if your at all interested, ive got a buddy thats selling his 01 or 02 trans am, car has 18k miles, its an m6 car with some bolt on's...he was lookin to get $16,500...pm me if your interested and i can have him get ahold of you.

cant go more than 100 miles away from ny :( btw i never understood what is the M6 about? i see that sometimes when people mention there t/a

a 2002 with low miles is worth more than a 99 honestly.
thats what i thought since it was last year they made them so in the future they will be worth more but i will be buried with this car so im never selling it. also there is a awesome 01 show car ta on craigslist for 25k i would buy it but its in Massachusetts

z-maro
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
cant go more than 100 miles away from ny :( btw i never understood what is the M6 about? i see that sometimes when people mention there t/a

M6 refers to the T56 6-speed manual transmission, A4 revers to the 4-speed automatic transmission.

bartman119
07-22-2012, 08:07 PM
M6 refers to the T56 6-speed manual transmission, A4 revers to the 4-speed automatic transmission.

ok thanks, so yeah its a stick so its a m6. thanks!

bww3588
07-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I'd find one with more miles...the biggest problem with old cars with extremely low miles, is if you plan to put more miles on it, your bound to have a laundry list of problems with it.

bartman119
07-22-2012, 09:03 PM
I'd find one with more miles...the biggest problem with old cars with extremely low miles, is if you plan to put more miles on it, your bound to have a laundry list of problems with it.

why do you say that?

bww3588
07-22-2012, 09:17 PM
10 year old components that have sat without being used more than they have. Seals are probably dry, which will leak when pressure is applied to them...etc.

You can't let a car sit most of it's life and expect it to be perfect when you start to drive it again.

If you bought the same vehicle with say 45k miles or so, you could get it cheaper and not have to worry about what went bad on the car while it sat.

bartman119
07-22-2012, 09:42 PM
10 year old components that have sat without being used more than they have. Seals are probably dry, which will leak when pressure is applied to them...etc.

You can't let a car sit most of it's life and expect it to be perfect when you start to drive it again.

If you bought the same vehicle with say 45k miles or so, you could get it cheaper and not have to worry about what went bad on the car while it sat.

well, im going to go with my bro in a bout a week to see it and do you think he will be able to see things like this?

bww3588
07-22-2012, 09:50 PM
It would be hard to...my opinion...If you plan to mod it pretty heavy, your going to be changing that stuff anyways. If you plan to just do bolt on's and make it a weekend cruiser or dd it, I would pass.

You can find cars with more miles, in the same condition for less money and have less a chance of things going wrong.

bartman119
07-22-2012, 09:59 PM
It would be hard to...my opinion...If you plan to mod it pretty heavy, your going to be changing that stuff anyways. If you plan to just do bolt on's and make it a weekend cruiser or dd it, I would pass.

You can find cars with more miles, in the same condition for less money and have less a chance of things going wrong.

this will be my first car and at first i just plan on changing rims tires radio exhaust and few others but when im making more money this will be a sick car also this will be a dailydriver

bww3588
07-22-2012, 10:18 PM
I'd pass

NC01TA
07-23-2012, 09:58 AM
I disagree with some of the above posts in a few regards. A 'new' 2002 WS6 will fetch prices in the mid 20's range. They don't sell immediately sometimes but the sellers do get that kind of money for sub 5,000 miles cars. I generally do not see 'storage' issues with modern low mileage cars. It has been my experience that our modern LS1 machines really don't have many issues from storage at this time. 3,000 miles on this 10 year old WS6 indicates enough driving (unless all done right at the beginning in '02) to alleviate any fears of storage. Now if the car sat outside in the elements that is a completely different story. Storage issues will arise more frequently with older cars, like my '87 SS, but even then, it isn't enough to negate a purchase.
Negotiate the price down a bit from that $24,500. That is his asking price. I know you are young so don't go nuts when you see the car. Be serious with a poker face and negotiate like there is a doubt you might buy it, or let your brother do it if capable. Good luck!!

bartman119
07-23-2012, 01:15 PM
I disagree with some of the above posts in a few regards. A 'new' 2002 WS6 will fetch prices in the mid 20's range. They don't sell immediately sometimes but the sellers do get that kind of money for sub 5,000 miles cars. I generally do not see 'storage' issues with modern low mileage cars. It has been my experience that our modern LS1 machines really don't have many issues from storage at this time. 3,000 miles on this 10 year old WS6 indicates enough driving (unless all done right at the beginning in '02) to alleviate any fears of storage. Now if the car sat outside in the elements that is a completely different story. Storage issues will arise more frequently with older cars, like my '87 SS, but even then, it isn't enough to negate a purchase.
Negotiate the price down a bit from that $24,500. That is his asking price. I know you are young so don't go nuts when you see the car. Be serious with a poker face and negotiate like there is a doubt you might buy it, or let your brother do it if capable. Good luck!!

yeah. he said that the car sat in his garage never seen rain or snow and was always covered. i hope this is true. now on the under carriage there probably shouldn't be much or if not any rust if this was true right?

95_Z_Twenty_Eight
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
yeah. he said that the car sat in his garage never seen rain or snow and was always covered. i hope this is true. now on the under carriage there probably shouldn't be much or if not any rust if this was true right?

If you are going to pay a premium price, then the car should be a premium car. It doesn't have to be perfect but it should be pretty darn close. I would expect to see very minimal to no rust on the undercarriage....or anywhere else for that matter. That car should fit the description of "mint" in every way.

More than likely, you are going to see that car and start to drool....but be smart and don't buy based on your emotional reaction to it. "Buyers Remorse" is not a pleasant thing to experience....I know. Once you buy it, there is no turning back. Refunds are almost never an option when buying a used vehicle.

If you do end up buying it, it may be a good idea to wait on the wheels and other add-ons and drive it for awhile to make sure everything is functioning properly. If something did go wrong and you didn't have the funds to make the repairs, you'd be bumming big time if it's just sitting in your garage.

Good luck to you. It sounds like a gem of a car. You're very fortunate because some of us would love to have a car like that but can't afford it.

bartman119
07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
If you are going to pay a premium price, then the car should be a premium car. It doesn't have to be perfect but it should be pretty darn close. I would expect to see very minimal to no rust on the undercarriage....or anywhere else for that matter. That car should fit the description of "mint" in every way.

More than likely, you are going to see that car and start to drool....but be smart and don't buy based on your emotional reaction to it. "Buyers Remorse" is not a pleasant thing to experience....I know. Once you buy it, there is no turning back. Refunds are almost never an option when buying a used vehicle.

If you do end up buying it, it may be a good idea to wait on the wheels and other add-ons and drive it for awhile to make sure everything is functioning properly. If something did go wrong and you didn't have the funds to make the repairs, you'd be bumming big time if it's just sitting in your garage.

Good luck to you. It sounds like a gem of a car. You're very fortunate because some of us would love to have a car like that but can't afford it.

ok thanks, yeah i know i had to sell alot of stuff and make a few promises to get this. smart idea ill save for a bit to make those additions

18wheelsofsteel
07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
ok thanks, yeah i know i had to sell alot of stuff and make a few promises to get this. smart idea ill save for a bit to make those additions

If you want my opinion $24500 is too much I paid $17500 for an 02 one owner bone stock WS6 with 20k miles a few months ago. Id say this is a $22k car TOPS. You.can probably get it for even less. But to be frank you seem like you want to mod the car you can get one with 50k for $10000 less and enjoy the car just as much.