LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Knock sensor code - & retard

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor code - & retard

Reposting since I got some new info and the last thread went to ****.

Ok so to recap, THE CAR IS A 97 z28 M6. Ever since I pulled the knock sensor from the passenger side to flush my coolant, I've been getting a code. The SES light does not come on for it, and it does not show up as a trouble code on the scanner - it only shows up under "enhanced DTC's" when you dig deep in scanner.

The code is KNOCK SENSOR 2 BANK 2 CIRCUIT LOW INPUT. The low input code is what you get when something is unplugged (from previous experience scanning w/ unplugged MAF & IAT, low input is what came up). I put in a brand new sensor and made sure it was plugged on tight, no change. Dielectric grease, no change.

So in Live Data on the scanner, it shows Spark Advance - at WOT it was at 25-26... is that fucked up? I can't even go WOT really, the car breaks up real bad, popping ect...

I'm not getting any codes for anything else other than the AIR system which is a SES/primary code and skip shift from it being unplugged. The other day I had a 02 heater code pop up as a primary, but it went away the next time I drove it and has been off.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not experienced with datalogging/livedata so I don't know what the healthy normal readings should be for everything... it would be nice if I did because then I could tell if the spark reading was bad, or if the 02 thing was an issue.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump... please