Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Hooker LT w/ORYP...add cutout??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installed Hooker LT w/ORYP...add cutout??

Just installed Hooker LT's w/3" Hooker ORYP and Hooker exhaust...first off damn it sounds nice and screams at WOT!...My Top end rocks now...Great power and sound....so now ..would I benefit from adding a 3" cutout in the I-pipe or would it be overkill...talking in terms of power...Don't care too much about sound with cutout but would like the exttra ponies if any... So would it be ok??...P.S. I already have a cutout only its still on my other Factory I-pipe..the one I removed...So just wondering since I have it there???Thanx
Old 04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

do you still have the stock muffler?

i have that setup
Long tube headers, ORY and a QTEC cutout! and i love it! loud as hell..and my car seems to run very well at the track... see sig
Old 04-03-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, i went with pacesetter lts, ory pipe and hooker catback and it does sound amazing. Add the cut out. some of the exhaust still goes through the muffler so it gives you the same tone only this time there is more UMPH and its loud as ****. you'll love it.

as for power...i dunno, the hooker catback flows pretty damn well. but i have heard that you pick up about a little extra ponies with the cutout open. but at the same time some people have run a bit on the rich side with it open (with lt's and ory), which would actually slow you down. there is alot of info about cutouts on this site, do a search im willing to bet you will find exactly what you arel ooking for,, check out the dyno section too.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Launching!

PM sent.