Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

c5r block

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c5r block

Hey everyone ive been away from the ls scene for a while toying with diesels. Im now looking at getting back into a 4th gen f body. When I quit really following the ls motors the c5r block was all the rage. I see that now there are quite a few more options for blocks. Is the c5r now obsolete or does it still have advantages over the new blocks despite its still 6k price tag. I've done some research on the rhs, dart, and warhawk blocks, (the lsx block is too heavy imo) but I am looking for someone with first hand experience. Does the c5r still have advantages over these new blocks or is it now obsolete? assuming it would be a 427 build
Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

All the blocks you mentioned are good blocks but the c5r kinda took a back seat when those others you mentioned came on the scene. I have heard the warhawk blocks have some issues with the sleeves sticking up and having to push the sleeves down before doing the machining to them. Someone also mentioned about RHS blocks cracking but nobody here that I know of has posted up about it if did indeed crack. The dart block is just too damn expensive.

One thing you left out is ERL performance and their superdeck process. The Ohio boys use their blocks and are deep in the 7's with them. Its cheaper than all the blocks mentioned and works well. My next setup will be using a block from ERL for a boosted setup.

Quick Reply: c5r block