LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MAF question, what can you use on a LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF question, what can you use on a LT1?

So I'm thinking my MAF is causing me some problems... my car throws a code for the MAF on and off where it's never consistantly there, but pops up every once and a while. It hasn't popped up in a while, but the car has a low RPM miss and also breaks up at WOT, pops and cracks I can't even go WOT.

So I'm thinking of swapping the MAF to try and fix the problem. The screen in mine has a spot thats dented in anyway, so I either wanted to get ported maf ends (but know of all the problems that can come with that) or just get a new one.

Are any aftermarket MAF's worth the money, any potential gains? I'm getting dyno tuned next week as well. Otherwise which MAF's can be used on a LT1? 97 z28 M6.

LS1 MAF's are a direct swap right? Can you use a LS1 truck MAF from a Silverado, or any others? Trying to hunt one down cheap on ebay or something, can't find anything on here so far...

PS - I did try cleaning the MAF and all my sensors/plugs with some automotive electronics cleaner and it didn't help.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That isn't gonna help. You need MAF cleaner to clean the maf.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

You can go to AC-Delco.com and find out what vehicles use the same MAF.

Curious that your screen name says 93 (there is no signature)...you should not even have a MAF.

I kinda doubt the MAF is your problem, though.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car I'm asking about is my 97 z28.... lol

I know it's probably not the entire cause of the problem, but it's been an issue in the past and I want to make sure it's taken care of for good. I don't want to be driving the car wondering when a code for a bad MAF is going to pop up like it has been doing.

I was wondering about that cleaner, all the stores I went to no longer had MAF cleaner and they had that electronics cleaner instead so I figured it was the same thing. Autozone, Walmart, Advance, they all had the electronics cleaner and no MAF cleaner on the shelf anymore.

Quick Reply: MAF question, what can you use on a LT1?