Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Black 99 Trans AM "Natayla" Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I figured I'd make a post on my Trans Am. It's a black 99 Trans Am LS1.

Hood was switched to a Raptor Hood (I think that's what it is) before I bought it. Paid it off about 2 years ago so I've been able to start touching it up & customizing it.

Here is some before pictures:

Infamous door panel cracks, I could not repair it as the crack is all the way through. I tried but couldn't get it to stay still long enough for anything to make a bond.

Could not get this sticker off, replaced this little section.

Replaced the Dash panel & got a cover over it. Also had to replace the seat belt guides.

Last year my project was the sound system, replaced every interior speaker & had a double din Touch Screen Display /w Land Nav put it. Also got a 10" sub put in the back left cubby hole in the truck.

Slowly going over the interior. Going from Charcoal to Black/White. Got 1 of my door panels done today. The inserts I got from Redlinegoods.com. Install wasn't to bad, they are slightly larger than the stock so you have plenty of material to play with. Takes 2 weeks or so to get them, but they are well worth the wait. Plan on ordering some shifter boots from them as well.

Eventually going to get the seats reupholstered into something like this: (But Black/White)

And would like to add white stripes like this:
Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looking good and will continue to look better, keep it up
Old 07-23-2012, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what double din is that? i like that you can change the background. id love to do some type of carputer.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Sail Hatan, that is just a splash screen the "loading screen" when the car first turns on. Only stays there for about 10 seconds. Would be nice if I could change the background but I can't.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn. Still cool. I want a double din I have a **** flip out lol
Old 07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

carputers are old. throw a tablet in the dash.

good work op
Old 07-25-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

I like the door panels but good luck keeping them white.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nathan C
I like the door panels but good luck keeping them white.
Unless he's having food fights inside the car, he should be fine. If he smokes he's screwed.

Looking good man, keep it up and keep us posted!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Teching In

ha. I don't smoke and only thing I'm guilty of eating in my car are french fries. The center console is pulled & drying right now. Tomorrow should have it back in with my redlinegood's shifter boots.

The weekend should be pulling the steering wheel off to put on the leather wrap & pulling the gauges out to replace the bulbs and put in a new overlay.

new center cosole, with my new shifter boots. The flash highlights the cup holder =( , paint didn't get in there as evenly as I would like. Hard to tell by just looking at it in normal conditions. And going to replace the shifter ****, got one on order.

Changed out the broken power antenna for one of BitViper's
Old 07-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Did you buy that new and bought it from a Pontiac dealership in Dallas?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

looks great so far. could you possibly take more pics of the raptor hood from different angles and distances? i am in between on getting the raptor hood or a normal ws6 hood
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

You're doing a really, really nice job with your Trans Am, dude! I really like your custom leather dust boots on your shifter and emergency brake. They look very classy!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by the_dragon
Did you buy that new and bought it from a Pontiac dealership in Dallas?
No, I'm the 2nd or 3rd owner. I bought it near Dallas but it was originally sold in Colorado.

Originally Posted by autogeek23
looks great so far. could you possibly take more pics of the raptor hood from different angles and distances? i am in between on getting the raptor hood or a normal ws6 hood
Sure here are some, pardon the quality just snapped a few from my phone in the garage.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Teching In

The year and hood and rims makes me feel like it is possibly a 1999 sevan series trans am, but it would have to be from Evans Pontiac in Dallas to be one.
But hey if you ever want to sell those rims I would be serious about buying them.
Just pm me if you ever wanna sell them.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Teching In

I decided to dig out the old receipts from when I bought the car. The Colorado thing was a registration/ownership tax receipt. I have the manifest for the car but it doesn't really tell me where it was sold. There is an old "EVANS Pontiac - GMC Truck - Custom Vans" business card.

But after looking around I think this is a Sevens, thought from what I read it's only a few mods a single dealer ship made. And my car has all of them:
Raptor Hood
K&N Filter
Borla Exhaust
G2 World Challenge Wheels
And it's lowered by about 2 inches (Going over speed bumps or railroad tracs is a pain)
Nothing really too fancy but impressed you spotted it just off my pictures
Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jhpeyto
I decided to dig out the old receipts from when I bought the car. The Colorado thing was a registration/ownership tax receipt. I have the manifest for the car but it doesn't really tell me where it was sold. There is an old "EVANS Pontiac - GMC Truck - Custom Vans" business card.

But after looking around I think this is a Sevens, thought from what I read it's only a few mods a single dealer ship made. And my car has all of them:
Raptor Hood
K&N Filter
Borla Exhaust
G2 World Challenge Wheels
And it's lowered by about 2 inches (Going over speed bumps or railroad tracs is a pain)
Nothing really too fancy but impressed you spotted it just off my pictures
Probably missing the sevan series decals.
Well since yours is a 1999 you probably have more mods from lg motorsports.
I know the 2" lowering is a pain over the railroads, go 15 and it will bottom out.

Last edited by the_dragon; 07-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Teching In

looking good
Old 08-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Teching In

New gauge displays, replaced the stock bulbs with red LED ones. Also Chrome vent rings!

The cig lighter came out awesome. Sucks though because this pic shows the gap between the radio & Bezel. Unless you look at it from an angel and with a light, you can't see the gap.

Back view of the interior. Eventually may dye the carpet black, or just replace it. But that's very low on my list.

Good view of my progress. Basically done except for dying the vinyl (Big part of the dash still grey) & the seats.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Nice.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Teching In

New Wheels

Back view with the new seats in, nice little "floor mat" I guess not sure what you call that but looks nice.

New seats, got the seats from LA Camaro King, had no complaints working with them. Great vendors

Got this slip on cover from redlinegoods.com Just slips right on & is super comfortable. I told my wife I might get one for her car since I drive it almost as much as mine, but she just doesn't understand. She doesn't "rest" her arm when driving.

Better view of the center console. I got the shifter and ebrake handle/boots from Redlinegoods.com as well. Takes about 2 weeks to get them, but they are worth it. A breeze to install, hardest part is taking out the center console.

Gauge display redone & put in some new LED bulbs. Also the chrome vent rings

Quick Reply: Black 99 Trans AM "Natayla" Project