Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resizing rods for arp bolts!!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Resizing rods for arp bolts!!!!

I have searched this topic and need help. I want to install arp bolts in my lq4 rods. The machine shop is telling me they dont make a bearing that is 2 o.d with standard journal i.d. They are saying I must turn the crank 10 under to get the bearings. I searched and someone said clevite 1776-p. Well this bearing doesn't exist in standard.I thought I would not have to pull crank for resizing of rods.but I may have to, is there a bearing that fits the bill. I wont resize rods if I have to pull crank I will buy stock replacement rods instead. Does anyone know the bearing to use. All the machine are giving me different answers.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes it does ,,,,,that is the standard inner diameter bearing that is .002" larger outer diameter . I bought a set of the clevites with part # CB-1776 A these are aluminum ,,,,,,,,I believe the 1776-p are the same size but are the tri-metal bearing . Just so You know ,,,,,,,,if You search Federal Mogule online catalog They make the .002" larger outer diameter bearing in every under-size and standard inner diameter and in a few different bearing grades ,,,,,stock racing ,,,,,,etc
Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct my machinist called me and talked about the cb 1776-a. Its not carried in p but I will check federal mogul's website today. Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Resizing rods for arp bolts!!!!