Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how long will bottle stay pressurized???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how long will bottle stay pressurized???

hey guys, if i was to heat my bottle up to about 900psi how long would it take for it to drop back down? like if i was going to heat it up before i went out on a friday night and i happen to need to spray once on somebody how long would the pressure stay up unitl it starts going back down? Its about 65 degrees here..if you're wondering why i m asking its because i have a pressure controlled heater but i got the wrong size fitting..got the -4 isntead of the-6.. i was going to just hook it up and use the heater without the switch until i my fitting comes in..of course i will watch the pressure guage the whole time and when it reaches 900 or so ill turn off the heater..just want to see if my surging problem is coming from lack of bottle pressure so i can rule out that issue before addressing another one. thanks matt
Old 04-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on whether the bottle has an insulated hideout, or a jacket. But once you let the nitrous flow, it is going to cool off rapidly just so you know. Use a blanket and heat the bottle to help it stay up in pressure. Let us know, but I am sure its your pressure.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a manual heater and a bottle blanket. Once the bottle is up to about 1000psi it will hold the pressure for a few hours. Athough, after a run the pressure will drop a good amount.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wont last long to long like some have said It cools down faster after everyuse.