Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car Cover ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Car Cover ?'s

So my car is no longer going to be garaged, and will be sitting in the hot Florida Sun/ rainy summers, all year round etc.... I drive the car almost everyday but would like to keep the paint protected as much as possible , what car cover would yall recommend? I was thinking of going with a CCC. If anyone with prior experience with one could dime in. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A cover that won't scratch your paint after driving it almost every day would be recommended.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1
So my car is no longer going to be garaged, and will be sitting in the hot Florida Sun/ rainy summers, all year round etc.... I drive the car almost everyday but would like to keep the paint protected as much as possible , what car cover would yall recommend? I was thinking of going with a CCC. If anyone with prior experience with one could dime in. Thanks!
If you want the paint protected, keep it waxed/sealed religiously.

Originally Posted by Dave68RT
A cover that won't scratch your paint after driving it almost every day would be recommended.
Doesn't exist....not if you're driving it every day and not washing it before covering it. Drag ANY cover over a dirty/dusty car and you will get marring.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z

Doesn't exist....not if you're driving it every day and not washing it before covering it. Drag ANY cover over a dirty/dusty car and you will get marring.

He is right. I cover my car up in the garage, but only after I clean it. Now I just drive my car once or twice a week, but it only gets a very light layer of surface dust. It helps that my car is well protected with some select products and super easy to clean. I have a ceramic coating that resists swirls. I just have to use some good detail spray and a nice microfiber towel after a drive. Then I can put the cover on it. I've never put the cover on when the car is dirty.

Mine is a custom fit CoverCraft Evolution cover BTW.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what kind of sprays do u use before covering it
Old 07-29-2012, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used nxt detailer spray until i found lucas mist for only 8 bux almost anywhere
Old 07-29-2012, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z

This. ^

Originally Posted by blown97ss
what kind of sprays do u use before covering it
Using a detail spray on a dusty, just driven car isn't as bad as just throwing on the cover, however you're still wiping a cloth across a dusty car. We all know you're not going to wash/spray down the car EVERY day before you put the cover on. I say that because I used to cover my WS6 too, and I ended up just throwing the cover on without cleaning anything. I never noticed moderate to severe paint damage (duh), but it did lightly marr/swirl the finish over time. Then again, I detailed it every few months.

Regardless, I wouldn't avoid getting a cover just because of this. I may have made it sound worse than it actually is lol.

This cover is by far your best bet:

http://www.shop.jwmotoring.com/produ...&categoryId=16

That's what I had, NOTHING got through that cover. I've had 5+ covers over the years, that was by far the best one.

Last edited by 98 WS6; 07-29-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Car Cover ?'s