Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear drag springs??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so right now i have qa1s up front and rear comp engineering 3 way adj shocks with factory slp eibach pro kit springs... are these good for a low 10 sec drag car? mite be changing to strange/qa1 coilovers in the rear but for now what springs would be good for these shocks n drag racing?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I ran our 1.25-inch rear lowering springs on my SS and had some excellent success with them them. We also have many customers who use them and enjoy them since their increased rate helps hit the tire harder - but not too hard. Yes, lowering the car does alter weight transfer, but we have found that many of the fastest cars are much lower than factory and there is plenty of weight transfer that can be adjusted within the suspension.

The springs you have might work out just fine, however, I think your 3-way shocks may be your biggest limiting factor for getting the car dialed in.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard nothing but positive reviews on those comp engineering 3 way shocks, i just bought a pair myself for a drag setup with strange sa shocks and 300 lb springs up front. for rear springs i am running factory springs with hh mod. this seems to be a very popular setup for the rear, i have been told many times about lowering springs not being so great for drag racing.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya i got them for 80 for the pair figure u cant be that for the price so il try them with my slp eibach pro springs(slp car) if they suck and i cant hook il get rear qa1 coilovers. I also have qa1s up front with 300lb springs. Heard good things bout comps on track but street use i heard its rough but dont bother me since im majority track car