Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 driver side o2 not switching...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 driver side o2 not switching...

Just got my car done from being tuned, and we ran into a couple problems. My cars driver side o2 sensor (front ones, because the rears are tuned out/gone) was not switching at all. When they plugged in HPTuners, the dashboard showed the voltage of the drivers side o2 at a pretty much constant .44xv area, not changing at all with RPM's, etc, so we ordered some new ones, put them in, and it still was not switching, so I am thinking maybe the wiring harness is the culprit? The problem is, the car is never going into closed loop because of the o2's. Passenger side was working just fine. What could be causing this? The voltage is there, so the circuit must be ok..? What can I check?

Car has pacesetter longtubes, borla catted y-pipe, comp gt-14 234/240 cam, ls6 intake, and a tune for mods.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was happening to me a while back ago. I found that i had a wire chaffing and was probably grounding out. I went ahead and replaced both o2s after fixing the wire, but admittedly the o2s are still acting funny, so i need to figure out what's going on.

Anyways, maybe that'll confirm your suspicion.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would check any of the wiring go to and from the O2 sensor or the extensions. Any wire that has been burned through or damaged can cause this kind of issue.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Staging Lane

I'm having this problem to!!!!!! No cam though, does anyone have an idea, we ohmed the wires and they're running strong at 12v the PCM is good(swapped it with a good one, no difference) we swapped o2s still nothing, please someone help this is really getting old
Old 03-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Banned

The computer sends out a bias voltage of 0.45 through the O2 sensor wire. If the sensor is not warm, or if the circuit is not complete, the computer picks up a steady 0.45 volts. Since the computer knows this is an "illegal" value, it judges the sensor to not be ready. It remains in open loop operation.

Fix your wiring!

Quick Reply: ls1 driver side o2 not switching...