LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tap Shift Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tap Shift Sucks

So I have been meaning to post something about this for awhile but just haven't had much time.

So I have a fully built tranny and an Overkill Tune (exact same built as TEP), when the car is in drive the trans shifts nice and firm, relatively hard from 1st to 2nd, decent from 2nd to 3rd, and very hard from 3rd to Final.

But if I have the car in Tap Mode, the shifts are mushy and unresponsive, basically feels somewhat stock.

Is there something in my tune that kills line pressure when in Tap Mode? Or is the impossible? Can this tune be changed so that Tap Mode has firm shifts?

I mean seriously whats the point of having and using Tap Shift when all it does is heat up my tranny and it shifts like my Chevy Tahoe.

Cheers.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

definatley tune sounds like they might have overlooked the tap shift mode line pressures etc..
Old 07-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

email Will and hey will help figure out whats going on, very honest guy, he'll be able to trouble shoot it for you no problem, only thing is he's very busy this time of year, so just try to be patient, mark your email as important, hopefully he gets back to you within the same day of next day

Quick Reply: Tap Shift Sucks