Official 2012/2013 NFL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Official 2012/2013 NFL Thread

Well guys with the season right around the corner I figured I would make a thread for all the **** talking, updates, and gossip.

To start off my team is the Cowboys (most hated team) lol but I will live and die bleeding silver and blue no matter what. I am not to happy with some of their moves this off season. I dont see any improvement made from last season at all. Espcially 3 of the guys cannot even pass their conditioning test.

I do like the Claiborne addition but its always a gamble with rookies. So we will just have to see how he does.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel044
Well guys with the season right around the corner I figured I would make a thread for all the **** talking, updates, and gossip.

To start off my team is the Cowboys (most hated team) lol but I will live and die bleeding silver and blue no matter what. I am not to happy with some of their moves this off season. I dont see any improvement made from last season at all. Espcially 3 of the guys cannot even pass their conditioning test.

I do like the Claiborne addition but its always a gamble with rookies. So we will just have to see how he does.
x2

Hopefully we can get finally prove the ROMO haters wrong....
Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Texans:

Mario leaving won't hurt us as much (if at all) as the national media thinks.
At this point in his career in a 3-4 defense, Demeco wasn't really anything special.

Jacoby's gone! Woohoo!

We have a deep defensive line / linebacker set and should be able to have fresh motors in there at all times.
Cushing/Reed/Watt/Smith/James/Barwin/Braman/Mercilus

The Foster/Tate 1-2 punch at running back is lethal.

One of the other receivers/rookies is going to have to step up and be a solid #3.

If we can keep Kubiak from being a retard, we should have a good season.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cowboys are going to get tossed around like an amateur bull rider this season. Tough division and even tougher schedule. I will be extremely surprised if they even make .500.

The Texans will have a very strong season and make the playoffs. At very minimum I think they will finish at 11-5.

My team should do quite well. The MVP will shatter records this year.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure how you don't see ANY improvements. The additions of Carr and Claiborne should help immensely. They probably won't come out of the gates looking amazing, but after 5 or 6 games I expect them to look pretty good. Replacing Brooking and James with Connor and Carter should definitely be considered an improvement, although we haven't seen much of Carter yet. And the last real improvement I see is switching Smith to LT, and Free back over to RT which is his more natural position.

I was disappointed that the interior Oline and pass rush were largely ignored, but you can only do so much in one offseason. It would seem that the coaching staff expects some of these young guys to step it up at G and C, which really needs to happen. If the Cowboys can even get average Oline play, this offense could be a force.

And as for the failed conditioning tests, keep in mind that Felix Jones is the only one of those 3 players that will see a lot of playing time (unless Pool or Holmes really surprise us), and Felix is not even the starting RB. Remember that he has not been able to practice too much due to rehabbing an injury all offseason.

As for the Texans, I expect them to be a contender this year. They are a very solid team playing in a weak conference, and a weak division. I would be worried about AJ's ongoing injury issues. The drop off from AJ to the next guy is pretty significant. Schaub coming off of injury is also a concern, but all reports are that he is running around just fine. If those two players can stay healthy, the Texans have to be considered a top 3 or 4 team in the AFC.

I am so pumped that football season is here. First preseason game is on Sunday. Fantasy drafts are right around the corner. Can't wait.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Im trying to get all my projects done so I wont feel so bad being a lazy *** on Sundays watching football.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

^^^^^ Enough Said ^^^^^
Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

I hope carr and claiborne clean up the secondary, we could have won 11-12 last year without newmans **** ups alone. If miles dez witten romo murray and felix stay healthy we will suprise everybody, cant have you 3 best offensive weapons hurt all year like last season.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 PM
LS7 Member

Is Dez suspended for hitting his momma?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:13 PM
12 Second Club

Dont think so.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UTzo6
Is Dez suspended for hitting his momma?
The charges were dropped, but the NFL can still do it's own investigation. I don't think we will ever know what really happened.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J
The charges were dropped, but the NFL can still do it's own investigation. I don't think we will ever know what really happened.
I think he will be cleared of anything. Could be alot of he said she said bs.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Texans:

Jacoby's gone! Woohoo!
I heard about that, finally. It took a fumbled punt in the most important game in Texans history for them to finally get rid of him.

Originally Posted by -Ross-
If we can keep Kubiak from being a retard, we should have a good season.
This will be the Texans toughest opponent.

Originally Posted by texas94z
The Cowboys are going to get tossed around like an amateur bull rider this season. Tough division and even tougher schedule. I will be extremely surprised if they even make .500.
This. The fact that cowboys fans still believe in Romo is even more surprising, figure they would be looking for a new QB at this point.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

Have any of you Texans fans ever looked at Romos numbers vs Shaubs, including wins and loses? I have not but im willing to bet Romo would be better in just about every single aspect of the game, comp%, td/int, yards, win/loss ect.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Have any of you Texans fans ever looked at Romos numbers vs Shaubs, including wins and loses? I have not but im willing to bet Romo would be better in just about every single aspect of the game, comp%, td/int, yards, win/loss ect.
I assume you were responding to my post about Romo so, to answer your question, yes, I have (I compare all QB's) however we Texans fans have no illusions about Schaubs abilities (even though he was on a tear last year). There's a reason Foster and Johnson get their names chanted all the time. I doubt even the most die hard Texans fan is going to post here and say "Schaub is gonna take us to the promise land". Texans fans are crazy about the defense, not the offense, especially with Kubiak's sorry *** play calling.

And if you havent compared the two, how would you even know Romo is better? Cause he plays for Dallas? Cause he's in the media all the time? Yeah right. Besides, the point I was trying to make was Dallas fans expect to win and Romo isnt getting any younger, figure after all these years, a QB would have been brought in to at least compete with the guy (anyone but Kitna).
Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I compared the 2 QBs numbers just now, made a post and the **** got lost...wasted 10 minutes.

In a nutshell, since Schaub has been a starter (2007), he wins in the following categories:

Completion %
Fumbles
Interceptions
Yards per completion

Romo wins in the following categories:
Total Yards
TDs
Passer rating

Romo has played 3 more games, but if you factor in Schaubs per game averages, each QB still wins the above categories.
I had all the numbers averaged up...just lost it during the dumb fingered cntrl-C cntrl-V process.

All the numbers were really close except for the TD passes. Romo had Schaub beat by 30+.

Both QBs are above average and capable of winning. They just need the right coaches and players around them.

Last edited by -Ross-; 08-01-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hiram007
I assume you were responding to my post about Romo so, to answer your question, yes, I have (I compare all QB's) however we Texans fans have no illusions about Schaubs abilities (even though he was on a tear last year). There's a reason Foster and Johnson get their names chanted all the time. I doubt even the most die hard Texans fan is going to post here and say "Schaub is gonna take us to the promise land". Texans fans are crazy about the defense, not the offense, especially with Kubiak's sorry *** play calling.

And if you havent compared the two, how would you even know Romo is better? Cause he plays for Dallas? Cause he's in the media all the time? Yeah right. Besides, the point I was trying to make was Dallas fans expect to win and Romo isnt getting any younger, figure after all these years, a QB would have been brought in to at least compete with the guy (anyone but Kitna).
Romo's a good QB just a little bit more of a gunslinger than I like but I have no doubts in his abilities. He has the talent in the backfield and in the WR core he just has to be more accurate late in the game and not give up so many INTs that lead to points.

I dont have any harsh words for the Texans as they are a competitive football team and have alot of talent on both sides of the ball. As long as they are not playing Dallas I dont really care about their wins or losses.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Romo is an above average NFL QB, at times he has been elite. He has made some boneheaded plays, more than most. But as a cowboy fan im just waiting for that full season of greatness like the 13-3 season a few years ago. Id rather sit around hoping than have no hope at all like half the teams in this leauge. Unless Tony just totally ***** himself this year I cant imagine him being replaced.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love how any thread that even has mention of the Cowboys turns into a Romo debate. Way too much glory, and way too much blame get put on quarterbacks. This is a team sport. Romo and Schaub are pretty comparable statistically. I prefer Romo for his athletic ability, and the things he does with a below average line, though I may be a bit biased. I think both Schaub and Romo are capable of winning a Super Bowl. What team in recent history has been able to win it all with only elite quarterback play? The Giants had an elite pass rush, and the Packers and Saints both forced a ridiculous amount of turnovers. It's a team sport.

Hiram - Where would you rank Romo? Who would you propose the Cowboys should have brought in, or could bring in right now to replace Romo with? The only possible candidate I can think of for you would be Peyton, and that guy doesn't have a whole lot of gas in the tank. I don't think anyone knows what the Broncos are going to get out of him, and even if he turns out to be healthy, they are only getting a couple of productive years out of him.

It's crazy how quickly everyone forgets the years between Aikman and Romo. The Dolphins have had over 15 starting quarterbacks since Dan Marino left, and they still haven't found a franchise quarterback. I truly believe that Romo can win a Super Bowl if they get him some help, and I think it would be crazy to kick him to the curb (which they won't) only to potentially struggle for years trying to find another franchise quarterback.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Launching!

I love how any thread that even has mention of the Cowboys turns into a Romo debate. Way too much glory, and way too much blame get put on quarterbacks. This is a team sport.
I dont think anyone is debating Romo, I only said I was surprised Dallas fans still stick with him after 6 yrs of failure (not all of it was because of him by the way). Dont know too many QB's of any team that stick around after 6yrs of losing regardless of their how good they are. QB's will always get the blame whether its deserved or not.

Hiram - Where would you rank Romo?
Top 10ish

Who would you propose the Cowboys should have brought in, or could bring in right now to replace Romo with? The only possible candidate I can think of for you would be Peyton, and that guy doesn't have a whole lot of gas in the tank.
Rumors were running around about Manning though until Jerry Jones squashed them (sort of). The same Jerry Jones who thought bringing in Kitna was a good idea, so I supposed anyone better than him could have been brought in. Nobody in the world knew who T.J. Yates was till Schaub got hurt. What if the same thing happens in Dallas?