Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Auto Meter Single Pillar Pod

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Auto Meter Single Pillar Pod

I just purchased an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge as well as an Auto Meter 10211 single A-pillar pod for mounting. The single pods are just covers for the stock A-pillar piece so I have to decide if I want to cut and drill or just adhesive it on (I heard heavy duty double sided tape or other adhesives can work?) But the main concern I am having is that the pod is black and the pillar is gray so it won't look factory (basically making it look tacky). Has anyone had the same issue and can give me info/pics on how to make a single look like it's meant to be there?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No experience but Id say painting it is your only option. Ill be doing the same for an aeroforce gauge before long but my interior is ebony so itll be close im sure
Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah that's what I figured. I have no idea what brand and paint code/color to choose from though. I wish it came with an interior color match option lol
Old 08-02-2012, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

If you really want to find something close for the color match, you can always pull out the a-pillar molding and take it to the store to find a good match (if you don't have some smaller piece handy, a-pillar is real easy to get out though). I just installed an interceptor and the auto meter pod in my car. I wanted to use double sided tape, but it wouldn't hold the pod on at all. I ended up having to drill for the plastic screws provided with the pod. It's a little rigged until I run the wiring properly, but this is what mine looks like right now (wire is tucked back better now than in the pic, and I had to undo the screws, which is why there's a tiny space between the pod and pillar).

Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Love that post, exactly what I want. Looks awesome too! How does the blue look with stock guage color?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Get a dual pod and it will look a little better. You won't notice the color difference then.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Yep what he said^^ the dual pod will cover the whole A-Pillar, so it's less noticeable. I just bought a triple pillar, so I'm selling my autometer dual pod if you want. It's in great condition.

Paul
Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
Love that post, exactly what I want. Looks awesome too! How does the blue look with stock guage color?
It looks a little out of place with the stock gauges, nothing killer though, but I'm planning a blue led swap so I went ahead with the blue interceptor.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _JB_
Get a dual pod and it will look a little better. You won't notice the color difference then.
Originally Posted by hardrock21
Yep what he said^^ the dual pod will cover the whole A-Pillar, so it's less noticeable. I just bought a triple pillar, so I'm selling my autometer dual pod if you want. It's in great condition.

Paul
Already bought the single pillar and I'm not going to waste money on a restocking fee by returning it.

I just need to find a paint that matches. I know SEM has/had one that was really close from what I've heard, I assume Dupli-color would also but I don't know which.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
Already bought the single pillar and I'm not going to waste money on a restocking fee by returning it.

I just need to find a paint that matches. I know SEM has/had one that was really close from what I've heard, I assume Dupli-color would also but I don't know which.
You'll waste more money on paint and time and still end up with a cheap looking tack on piece. At least with a dual (or triple) full pillar It covers 95% of the pillar, doesn't look as tacked on (I have one clip at the very top) and looks the right color.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm I'll have to look at my buddies car. He didn't have to paint his because he has ebony interior like I assume you do as well being an 02 model, but he answered someone else's post about thinking the screws wouldn't look good but he said it all depends on how you do it, so I was planning on having him do mine lol

I may consider a straight up trade for a different mount, like a vent mount option if I could find someone else that would be up for that.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02'Andy
It looks a little out of place with the stock gauges, nothing killer though, but I'm planning a blue led swap so I went ahead with the blue interceptor.
You think the green/black would match better, or just go white/black
Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
You think the green/black would match better, or just go white/black
Either would probably work, but most of the gauge lights look/show up as white. So probably black/white. I'll try to remember to take a pic of my full lit dash this weekend so you can see how the blue looks for yourself.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Op I was considering that as well. 6LE's vent mounts look pretty good and easy too

Originally Posted by 02'Andy
Either would probably work, but most of the gauge lights look/show up as white. So probably black/white. I'll try to remember to take a pic of my full lit dash this weekend so you can see how the blue looks for yourself.
ya thatd be awesome.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

With a vent mount though, can you still use the A/C and heat or will it damage the gauge? Plus the Interceptor only comes in 2 1/16 and the vents are like 2 5/8 so I'd need some kind of adapter and after researching it it looks like vents are a pain to remove because they break.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

With a vent mount though, can you still use the A/C and heat or will it damage the gauge? Plus the Interceptor only comes in 2 1/16 and the vents are like 2 5/8 so I'd need some kind of adapter and after researching it it looks like vents are a pain to remove because they break.
my gauge didnt quite fit right, but all i did was put a few layers of electric tape around it until it didnt move . did you get it from where i told you about?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Mark I talked to Mike....then realized that I can't get it for one major reason...he makes them for Camaro's and I have a Formula
Old 08-05-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah Mark I talked to Mike....then realized that I can't get it for one major reason...he makes them for Camaro's and I have a Formula
haha oh **** i didnt even think about that lol. my bad lol.

Quick Reply: Auto Meter Single Pillar Pod