View Full Version : Ferrari 458 Spider Runs Over Cop

mattzoom
08-05-2012, 02:24 AM
http://speedsociety.com/ferrari-458-spider-runs-over-cop/

"I was walking around Soho, NYC today when I stumbled upon this Ferrari 458 Italia Spider with a cop writing a ticket next to it. I started to record the situation because I thought itíd make a cool video, little did I know what I was in for. As soon as I started recording the owner of the car appeared and got in it. He slowly started moving since he refused to accept the ticket (the car was parked in a hotels valet zone and the hotel valet had the keys, I myself donít understand why the cop was giving him the ticket, it was approved by the hotel that the car was parked there.) The cop then told him to stop but he proceeded to move forward. Now at this point I believe the cops foot was under the front drivers side tire. Yet again the owner moved the car forward and apparently he somewhat ran over the cops foot (or at least thatís what can be made out from everything in the video, others at the scene claimed otherwise.) This triggered the cop and he slammed his hand into the drivers window and proceed to open the door (notice how many times he bumped it into the taxi cab) and pull the driver out forcefully. The driver was then thrown on the ground and handcuffed and arrested. The owners girlfriend seen in the video is also Stephanie Pratt from the MTV hit show, The Hills. The car did suffer some damage, paint chips on the door from when the cop slammed it into the cab and some scuffs by the engine bay shown in the last scene of this video. Pretty crazy situation, I was definitely at the right place at the right time!"

pearlwhitez28
08-05-2012, 02:55 AM
cop was mad because he couldnt afford a Ferrari!! most cops are dicks anyways when they see someone younger riding around in a high profile vehicle like that, but at the same time the guy of the car should of talked to him first or TRY to at least.???

9WhiteCamaro9
08-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Guy has a Ferrari, he has the money that he can pay the freaking ticket, if not, sale the damn thing and get something you can afford, plain and simple.

Guy like that runs over my foot after ignoring me or at least see what's up and what's going on, damn right I'm gonna get pissed off since the little prick thinks he to good to take his damn ticket like a big boy. Guy has the money for big boy toys but want's to act like a kid, damn right your ass is getting a ticket in my opinion.

roy
08-05-2012, 04:21 AM
Assaulted a cop with car and now with video evidence.
Should of just accepted the ticket.

Mohammed
08-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Guy has a Ferrari, he has the money that he can pay the freaking ticket, if not, sale the damn thing and get something you can afford, plain and simple..

The guy was mistaken , but owning an expeive car doesn't mean it is ok for them to pay for tickets !! The cop should have talked to him like a gentleman before arresting him like a criminal !! or he could move little backward to protect himself from getting runned over , and told him to pull over later.

Vtakillr
08-05-2012, 01:33 PM
so how come the suv behind the Ferrari wasn't given a parking ticket? Anyone see a sign that said no parking?

87silverbullet
08-05-2012, 03:23 PM
The cop at first didn't have his foot in front of the tire. When the guy tried to move it then the cop steps forward. I'm no rocket scientist but I'm not putting my foot in harms way to prove a point. Car>Foot.

Both of them were acting like retards if you ask me.

OIF1VET
08-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I say the punk got what he deserved..

canada4g63
08-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Cop was in the wrong for punching the car and using vulgar language. Shouldn't have stepped in front of the car.

djsanchez2
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
It all makes no sense. They have a box on parking tickets for "Drive off" situations. They simply mail you the ticket instead of putting it on the car.

Cop was a dumbass
Mr. Ferrari was a douche
Put the two together and what do you expect.

Killjoy32
08-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Sounds like publicity...

bad_408_vert
08-05-2012, 10:53 PM
if real, clash of egos. rich guy supported by money. cop by the system.

bill12690
08-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Cop was a tard. Don't put your foot in front of a tire, unless you don't care about it. Period. Ask my girlfriend and why she knows.

Also, (and maybe I'm over analyzing it) seemed kinda like the cop wasn't hurt very bad when he yanked the guy out of the car, he seemed to be standing on it ok and then suddenly later he's hobbling on it when it's apparent that he's being filmed. When the cop yanked his foot away from the tire, the car wasn't moving, so obviously his foot wasn't underneath the tire too terribly far.

That being said, car owner/driver was stupid also. The real loser in this scenario was the Ferrari

OUTLAWZ RACING
08-06-2012, 05:56 PM
What a dumb ass cop.... Why the hell would you put your foot infront of a car? Then punching a car hummm. I think he was just having a bad day. And to snatch him out the car and slam him down was stupid. Thats why tax payers have to pay lawsuites. Its apparent he couldent go far due to traffic, then you are already writing the ticket,meaning you have all the information. Warrents would have shown up. Thats just your normal punk ass cop who makes 10 bucks an hour and see a young guy whos family may have money and they have nice things. He looks middle- eastern

Detoxx03
08-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Cop was a tard. Don't put your foot in front of a tire, unless you don't care about it. Period. Ask my girlfriend and why she knows.

Also, (and maybe I'm over analyzing it) seemed kinda like the cop wasn't hurt very bad when he yanked the guy out of the car, he seemed to be standing on it ok and then suddenly later he's hobbling on it when it's apparent that he's being filmed. When the cop yanked his foot away from the tire, the car wasn't moving, so obviously his foot wasn't underneath the tire too terribly far.

That being said, car owner/driver was stupid also. The real loser in this scenario was the Ferrari

What a dumb ass cop.... Why the hell would you put your foot infront of a car? Then punching a car hummm. I think he was just having a bad day. And to snatch him out the car and slam him down was stupid. Thats why tax payers have to pay lawsuites. Its apparent he couldent go far due to traffic, then you are already writing the ticket,meaning you have all the information. Warrents would have shown up. Thats just your normal punk ass cop who makes 10 bucks an hour and see a young guy whos family may have money and they have nice things. He looks middle- eastern

Agreed:cheers:

HotWhipT/A
08-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I saw this first on Jalopnik earlier today. I agree with what everyone else has said so far.

lbls1
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
fukced up.....

409CISecondGen
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
poor car caught between two retards :(

Pwebbz28
08-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Punk bitch got what he deserves. Even touching the officer with the car is assault with a deadly weapon.

bill12690
08-07-2012, 04:53 AM
So if I get in my car (for whatever reason) and a cop puts his foot in front of my tire, am I guilty too?

Not saying the driver should have done what he did, but its equally stupid for the cop to put himself in that situation

DSIM
08-07-2012, 06:05 PM
So if I get in my car (for whatever reason) and a cop puts his foot in front of my tire, am I guilty too?

Not saying the driver should have done what he did, but its equally stupid for the cop to put himself in that situation

Exactly, never does the officer attempt to explain to the guy what is going on. He just stands there writing the ticket, not one word said other than 'Stop.' By no means am I excusing the DB Ferrari driver but if you want people to take you seriously, remaining professional while in uniform is the way to go.

C5natie
08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Cop got in front of the car so the guy wouldnt try to drive away. You never start your car and drive while an officer is giving you a tix. I wouldnt have let the guy get in his car in the first place till I was done.

allthrotle
08-08-2012, 04:13 PM
If you want to see a normal man or woman be turned into an asshole, give them a badge and a gun.

chasgiv3
08-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Clearly he should've never attempted to get into the car with the cop there. I would've asked the officer if he was writing my car a ticket and if so I would've spoken to the valet and asked for help. If I still couldn't get him to accept that then I'd just wait it out and get the ticket and pay it. No biggy. Instead he got beat up while wearing some goofy looking green shorts. LMAO!

Now the cop should've told him to stay out of the car or shut it off when he started it.

So looks like bozo circus out there in NY. LOL.....

LT1TA
08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I love how so many of your are tough guys online and so "above the law". Show some respect for authority. The guy's a freakin officer. whether you hate their guts or not, you still owe them the respect of acknowledging their presence not getting into the car like he's too good to be ticketed. I simply can not stand all these people who are tough rebels and the police can't tell them anything. I deal with that attitude enough in the military.

now the cop was also being a butt. He could have acknowledged the driver as well but it looks like he wanted to have an attitude towards the driver from the beginning. It would have been a win for him to go back to the department bragging on writing up an exotic car. i don't think the cop expected the guy to drive far enough to run over his foot. (dumb move regardless) i really dislike cops with that sassy attitude but they are the law.

you can argue your claim refuse the ticket whatever you feel may help your case. But to get in your car and drive off like you cant be touched is just stupid. but we all have our own opinions on the matter and is probably what causes some of us to act like the ferrari guy.

SStolen
08-13-2012, 02:42 AM
That cop was an asshole, not that the kid was not. People in power hate having their authority questioned, I don't care if you're a cop or the manager at a retail store. And having your foot run over by a car does not hurt. I've had my foot run over twice, once on purpose, and its nothing more than pressure. That cop was faking it and limping for the camera because he knew he conducted himself poorly and needed to look like he was hurt to justify his actions.

Stangkilr
08-13-2012, 08:12 PM
That cop turned ghetto on his ass quick. Actions by both were wrong, the cop should always be the bigger person but not in this video. I hope the driver gets in trouble and i hope the officer gets suspended with no pay

1slow01Z71
08-13-2012, 09:36 PM
I like how the cop throws him in teh back of the cop car and slams the door. Real mature, hopefully he gets in trouble too.

bill12690
08-13-2012, 11:01 PM
That cop turned ghetto on his ass quick. Actions by both were wrong, the cop should always be the bigger person but not in this video. I hope the driver gets in trouble and i hope the officer gets suspended with no pay

exactly. suspension with pay? shit, thats not suspension, thats vacation..

Migoat
08-15-2012, 09:31 PM
My take is yes the Officer should have stated why he was there writing the ticket or whatever in the first place. Officers Prescence, in my experiance I would have handled it differently initially. I'm sorry but if some guy trying to be or thinking they are above me and was going to drive off and they run over my foot, yeah I would be pissed and would have yanked him out as well.
I agree with some comments thanks lt1ta he is still a symbol of authority and as much as it would suck to get a ticket when have you ever been taught you can leave when an Officer is giving you a ticket?

Yes there are alot of D.H cops but not all, and you shouldn't base them all your experiance. There are good mechanics and ones that suck you deal with what they hire.

Some are meant to be the Police and some are meant to call the Police.

Bullet95z28
08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
The kid got what he deserved. If the car was allowed to be parked there fine, take it up in court later, I'm sure it would have been dropped. But you can't just drive off from a police officer. The cop said stop twice, and he kept going running over his foot. Plain and simple, the kid should of had more respect, taken the ticket and gone to court for it. Even if the cop was issueing a ticket that shouldn't have been given, it doesn't give him the right to just jump in his car and drive away from a police officer. I have delt with many police officers and all that I encountered were pleasant. Because I was nice to them, and they actually helped me out in return. Seems like everybody hates the police till you need one.

BudRacing
08-22-2012, 02:35 PM
It's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing.

smileyou
08-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I hate all cops... but you still dont act like your too cool for school when ones in your face. Intelligence.

chas010
08-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Xxxxxxxxxxxx