LS4 Performance - Well i did it too. Traded the Imp ss

SSWHITE07
08-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I guess I was just too scared that the transmission was gonna go. It would act funny sometimes and I wouldn't have the 3 grand to fix it. Any way I really liked the car and this forum. I just with that gm would have taken The ls4 cars more seriously. So I went out last week and traded for this...
2006 Hemi Charger

ryanisl33t
08-05-2012, 05:49 PM
I wonder how those things do in the snow

transamtom
08-05-2012, 06:10 PM
I wonder how those things do in the snow

I see lots of them up this way,4 snow tires and all should be well.

baltsk8er69
08-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Sorry about the downgrade...

jrob56
08-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Sorry about the downgrade...

Id rather have a charger then any of the ls4 cars really. RWD>FWD They are nice cars dont get me wrong, but this is no downgrade.

Nice pick up OP, G8 would have been my first choice though if you are looking for perf 4 door. Just out of curiosity did you look at g8s?

SSWHITE07
08-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I did look at g8s but they just won't come down enough in price. I like the size of the charger and it rides even better than the imp did. I didn't trade because I didn't like the imp. It was the transmission thing

jrob56
08-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I did look at g8s but they just won't come down enough in price. I like the size of the charger and it rides even better than the imp did. I didn't trade because I didn't like the imp. It was the transmission thing

Got ya, this peaked my interest and I checked prices, chargers are quite a bit cheaper.

SSWHITE07
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah chargers seem to be cheaper plus I heard g8s will be harder to get parts for since they are discontinued.

1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Nice ride,good luck with your new purchase. Do you plan on Modding right away or keeping it stock?I plan on getting the Lil lady a 300 SRT in the next yr or so,as the G6 is getting to small for the fambam. Let us know how you like your new ride :cheers:

The_Madcat
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I really like the chargers, in fact I looked at them for about 6 months before deciding on the GXP and a trans change.

Things I found that I liked:
Room - lots of it.
Comfortable ride.
Rear Wheel Drive + Hemi = Fun
Price
Looks - with the right factory options (or added later) they look imposing and mean.

Things I did not like:

Crappy interior materials, at least until 2011. Two tone interior (ick) until having a choice in 08 and still bad materials.

Chrysler engineering - bushings, sway bars, general suspension parts are not up to par for a ride that is 4k+ lbs.

So many bugs/issues that I see on Chargerforums.com. Just decided not to deal with them all.

Hemi engine without aftermarket catch-can will keep the intake covered in oil, continually generating KR.

Parts for them are at least 1.5 times what aftermarket parts for the LS engines are.

Don't get me wrong, I have both a Charger and Hemi poster in my office at work here. I love the Chargers, just have always been a GM fan/user and decided to keep to what I know.

After completely rebuilding suspension components on my wifes Chrysler and seeing how they are putting their cars together, really helped me make my decision.

Good luck with the ride!

Jay z28
08-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I traded my 08 GP GXP for an 08 GC SRT8. I'm enjoying my upgrade. :)

LS1 Racing
08-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Saw this at the LS Series Showdown:

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af165/vanshmack/Old%20Cars/IMAG0002_COVER.jpg

1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
08-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Saw this at the LS Series Showdown:

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af165/vanshmack/Old%20Cars/IMAG0002_COVER.jpg

Haha that's great,doesn't hemi stand for hardly enough motor inside.
:lol:

UseAsDirected
08-08-2012, 08:28 PM
doesn't hemi stand for hardly enough motor inside.

Bahaha!

SSWHITE07
08-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I just found out my imp ss was sold in less than a week. Wow!

MasterTomos
08-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't look back. The charger is a huge step up IMO. More durable, better drivetrain, handles better, more room, higher potential, and better looking IMO. No offense to anybody, but the LS4 front drive is a terrible performance platform, especially with the glass transmissions. It's just an "okay" in every category that it tries to fit into, it tries to be too many things, and thus isn't too great at one single thing.

hazards280
08-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't look back. The charger is a huge step up IMO. More durable, better drivetrain, handles better, more room, higher potential, and better looking IMO. No offense to anybody, but the LS4 front drive is a terrible performance platform, especially with the glass transmissions. It's just an "okay" in every category that it tries to fit into, it tries to be too many things, and thus isn't too great at one single thing.

No offense to anybody, but.....get the fuck out of this part of tech. Your really barking up the wrong tree. :gtfo:

Charger R/T : 14.3 @ 98mph 0-60: 5.6
Grand Prix GXP: 13.88 @100.43 5.5

Just saying... No offense though!

Brian396
08-18-2012, 04:46 PM
No offense to anybody, but the LS4 front drive is a terrible performance platform, especially with the glass transmissions. It's just an "okay" in every category that it tries to fit into, it tries to be too many things, and thus isn't too great at one single thing.

IDK? I kinda like it, I was thinking of quoting that in my sig?

MasterTomos
08-18-2012, 06:20 PM
No offense to anybody, but.....get the fuck out of this part of tech. Your really barking up the wrong tree. :gtfo:

Charger R/T : 14.3 @ 98mph 0-60: 5.6
Grand Prix GXP: 13.88 @100.43 5.5

Just saying... No offense though!

Isn't the fastest LS4 FWD on tech only into the 11's (and that's with boost:confused:)? That combined with the fact that theres a sticky in the top of the section tallying the grenaded transmissions on here should also tell you something about the capabilities of these "performance" cars.

IDK? I kinda like it, I was thinking of quoting that in my sig?

Lol go ahead. They're high 13's (at very very best) cars, which is respectible for a stock sedan. They have a decent amount of room inside, again, just okay, not great. They handle alright, nothing too spectacular. They really don't look like anything special-just everyday cars with a few more vents and a different spoiler/rims for the most part. They don't respond well to mods, they don't have much aftermarket support, and they wheel hop and break transmissions like thats what they were built for. Tell me exactly why it's so dumbfounding that people see these cars as poor performance car choices?

Unless GM steps up and does a recall on all the transmissions (which they won't) I think most of these cars will go the way of the early 90's turbo grand prix's. Sorry for upsetting you folks with my opinion, but if you're looking for a true performance sedan that's reliable and great for modding, this is a terrible platform IMO.

TheMonteMan
08-19-2012, 12:27 AM
every time you say IMO it makes me think of ricky bobby when he says with all do respect and remember im saying with all do respect, right before he insults the shit out of someone.

IMO i think the car serves the purpose it was designed for name another car in its price bracket from the same year with equal performance, space, comfort, fuel economy, and luxury? it wasnt made to be a weekend warrior race car. they were made to be performance sedans which they are and are pretty good at.

op congrats on the new to you car. other guy isnt there a mopar link or something at the top of the ls1tech home page? use it and go hang out there.

LS1 Racing
08-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Isn't the fastest LS4 FWD on tech only into the 11's (and that's with boost:confused:)? That combined with the fact that theres a sticky in the top of the section tallying the grenaded transmissions on here should also tell you something about the capabilities of these "performance" cars.

Lol go ahead. They're high 13's (at very very best) cars, which is respectible for a stock sedan. They have a decent amount of room inside, again, just okay, not great. They handle alright, nothing too spectacular. They really don't look like anything special-just everyday cars with a few more vents and a different spoiler/rims for the most part. They don't respond well to mods, they don't have much aftermarket support, and they wheel hop and break transmissions like thats what they were built for. Tell me exactly why it's so dumbfounding that people see these cars as poor performance car choices?

Unless GM steps up and does a recall on all the transmissions (which they won't) I think most of these cars will go the way of the early 90's turbo grand prix's. Sorry for upsetting you folks with my opinion, but if you're looking for a true performance sedan that's reliable and great for modding, this is a terrible platform IMO.

Yes, our trannys suck, and yes, we have annoyances like clunky ISS's and crappy wheel hubs. But you can't even come back and say a Chrysler product -- ANY Chrysler product is more reliable than an LS4 car. Having owned a recent a Chrysler, I can down the list of problems that would make an LS4 owner think he owns a Toyota by comparison: Clutch problems, oil leaks, tire wear, and above all electrical bullsh*t tells me that your vaunted Chrysler is worse built than even an 80's GM car.

As far as being better performance platform, the only part I'll agree with is that the LX cars are RWD. But they're also two-ton pigs, and I've pimp-slapped several Charger RT's and 300 C's in my "so-so" performing Impala. I even put half a car on a 300 SRT-8, so don't diss the forward power of the LS4.

One last thing...I absolutely murdered a 392 Challenger on the freeway a couple of weeks ago in my Camaro. I wasn't spraying, either. I had to laugh that a nearly $50,000 "flagship" pony car couldn't even stay with a 10 year-old F-body with $2800 in mods. And I paid $6000 for the car last October.

Chrysler is overrated and still sucks.

MasterTomos
08-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Yes, our trannys suck, and yes, we have annoyances like clunky ISS's and crappy wheel hubs. But you can't even come back and say a Chrysler product -- ANY Chrysler product is more reliable than an LS4 car. Having owned a recent a Chrysler, I can down the list of problems that would make an LS4 owner think he owns a Toyota by comparison: Clutch problems, oil leaks, tire wear, and above all electrical bullsh*t tells me that your vaunted Chrysler is worse built than even an 80's GM car.

As far as being better performance platform, the only part I'll agree with is that the LX cars are RWD. But they're also two-ton pigs, and I've pimp-slapped several Charger RT's and 300 C's in my "so-so" performing Impala. I even put half a car on a 300 SRT-8, so don't diss the forward power of the LS4.

One last thing...I absolutely murdered a 392 Challenger on the freeway a couple of weeks ago in my Camaro. I wasn't spraying, either. I had to laugh that a nearly $50,000 "flagship" pony car couldn't even stay with a 10 year-old F-body with $2800 in mods. And I paid $6000 for the car last October.

Great for you on the street racing stories, I've got a billion myself, and so does everyone else on here. You're acting like I talked shit about GM altogether bringing your camaro up, I thought that part was funny as it has nothing to do with the Grand Prix/Charger comparison everyones so mad about. Coming back and saying that "absolutely no chrysler products" are more reliable than a FWD LS4 car I think really says a lot. I'd be astounded if you really believed that as fact.

But, let's get back to the topic at hand. Im pretty positive the lightest of the LS4 cars weighs in close to 3700 pounds doesn't it? that's not too far of a cry from 2 tons. I understand the significance of even just a few hundred pounds of weight, but these cars certainly aren't miatas either.

every time you say IMO it makes me think of ricky bobby when he says with all do respect and remember im saying with all do respect, right before he insults the shit out of someone.

IMO i think the car serves the purpose it was designed for name another car in its price bracket from the same year with equal performance, space, comfort, fuel economy, and luxury? it wasnt made to be a weekend warrior race car. They were made to be performance sedans which they are and are pretty good at.

op congrats on the new to you car. other guy isnt there a mopar link or something at the top of the ls1tech home page? use it and go hang out there.

WAIT! You congratulated the OP on his new car!!! Everybody get him!!! He must be a Chrysler fanboy like me!!!

I literally laughed out loud reading the last part of your repsonce.

I think it's hilarious that Im being called out as a Chrysler fanboy now because I don't care for the LS4 cars as performance cars. Yes, they do have a nice little spot that not many other cars can quite fill in the same exact way, but thats because they try to be so many things at once, and ultimately fail at being great at a single thing if you ask me. You can't really make it a much better performer, or even more reliable without shelling out and assenine amount of money when you compare it to the return/capabilities you get with this car. Sure they're fun. Sure, they're quick and they're faster than many other sedans, but at what price? When you give me two cars to compare, especially when we're talking affordable used cars that people plan to mod/race and talk up, I'm not going to pick the wheel-hopping, tranny snapping, very high 13 second (on a good day-don't forget to count those 100th's guys 13.88 is waaay faster than 13.9!!!), FWD, boring looking car with a poor support from aftermarket SIMPLY because it's a GM car and the other is a chrysler.

Do you know what the difference between low 14's and high 13's is? That should be an absolute joke for performance cars. A couple hundred bucks worth of bolt ons. These cars in many cases were major headaches for people when they were brand new with constant repairs and tranny problems-even with just normal driving in many circumstances. It's not uncommon whatsoever for multiple to several thousand dollars over the span of several years just to keep them on the road, and these cars aren't even 10 years old yet (let alone improving the performance). Hell, a decent stall can cut off .5-.7 easy over a stock converter in many performance cars. 12's and 11's are a sinch for those "2 ton pigs" (especially the SRT8's) and if you've got a few thousand bucks, you can buy the parts anywhere to do it.

To be fair, I guess you could really say I'm not a GM fanboy either, however. I'm a performance and capabilities fanboy (which often leads me to GM cars, just not in this case).

Coming in here and giving my opinion to the OP was obviously a mistake, sorry to everyones feelings who got hurt when I threw out facts about these cars (really not opinions for the most part). If you don't mind the possibility of shelling out a few thousand dollars every few years to keep a 13 second family car on the road, it's really no skin off my back whatsoever.

TheMonteMan
08-19-2012, 09:43 AM
WAIT! You congratulated the OP on his new car!!! Everybody get him!!! He must be a Chrysler fanboy like me!!!

yes i congratulated him on his new car. thats how these threads about purchasing a new car are supposed to work. im pretty sure thats why he started the thread not to here a bunch of back and forth nonsense from ls4 guys and guys that dont own either car.

I think it's hilarious that Im being called out as a Chrysler fanboy now because I don't care for the LS4 cars as performance cars.

i didnt call you a fanboy and i can care less if you dont like ls4 cars, but if thats the case it seems really stupid of you to troll around in the ls4 section.

Yes, they do have a nice little spot that not many other cars can quite fill in the same exact way, but thats because they try to be so many things at once, and ultimately fail at being great at a single thing if you ask me.

No one asked your opinion. after you gave your opinion the only thing i asked you to do is name one car in there price range from the same time period with the same options that can beat them.

once again this threads about the ops new car. you say congrats, ask to see more pics, a smoke show video, shit like that.

You can't really make it a much better performer, or even more reliable without shelling out and assenine amount of money when you compare it to the return/capabilities you get with this car. Sure they're fun. Sure, they're quick and they're faster than many other sedans, but at what price? When you give me two cars to compare, especially when we're talking affordable used cars that people plan to mod/race and talk up, I'm not going to pick the wheel-hopping, tranny snapping, very high 13 second (on a good day-don't forget to count those 100th's guys 13.88 is waaay faster than 13.9!!!), FWD, boring looking car with a poor support from aftermarket SIMPLY because it's a GM car and the other is a chrysler.

Arent there ls4 cars running low 13s with a ls1 intake swap and not much else? if those few hundred bucks break your bank you shouldnt be modding anything. and who the fuck goes out and specifically buys an ls4 to mod and race it? dude its a daily driver(for me at least). everyone gets into a street race from time to time in there dd that doesnt mean you run out and buy a fuckin ls1 car or a terminator cobra and stuff the baby seat, groceries and everything else in the back of your race worthy dd, and live with the lack of basic luxuries(like space and comfort).

To be fair, I guess you could really say I'm not a GM fanboy either

guess what? youre in a gm forum.

Coming in here and giving my opinion to the OP was obviously a mistake, sorry to everyones feelings who got hurt when I threw out facts about these cars (really not opinions for the most part). If you don't mind the possibility of shelling out a few thousand dollars every few years to keep a 13 second family car on the road, it's really no skin off my back whatsoever.

the first smart thing youve said is that you made a mistake coming in here and giving your opinion. lets talk about fact and opinion before you go. opinion= ls4 cars suck because they fill too many niches and blah blah blah. thats your opinion you have yet to prove it as a fact. opinion=youre a fucking douche bag. thats my opinion not necessarily a fact, but both of these things can be offensive to the person theyre talking about. facts on the other hand are not so offensive, and can be proven. fact=the ls4 cars were the most affordable luxury sport sedans at the time they were new. fact= they were/are 13 second cars that had tons of space, headroom, legroom, got good fuel mileage, looked good, and handled well. fact=some ls4 cars have transmission issues(mine doesnt and ive driven it like i stole it for the last 5 years). fact=this thread has been jacked and all of this could have been avoided by not being a fucking dickhead, and just congratulating the op on his car. fact=opinions are great and being able to express it is whats wonderful about forums and america, but theres a time and place for everything and expressing ones dislike for a ls4 car in a thread about a charger isnt the time, nor is it the place for it. with that said if youd like to keep debating with me over two cars that you dont own you can feel free to pm me. i love debate, but you gotta bring facts not opinions.

op my apologies for the thread jack. post some more pics and a smoke show video.

LS1 Racing
08-19-2012, 10:36 AM
^^ This is all true.

Great post.

baltsk8er69
08-19-2012, 11:13 AM
What's your paypal I would like to send you some money Monte man. That was absolutely priceless. He's probably angry because he's going back and forth between this forum and. Chickswithdicks.com

SSWHITE07
08-19-2012, 11:20 AM
No prob Monte man. Good post. One thing I have never seen is a stock ls4 running in the 13s. Mine couldn't do better than a 14.7. Anyway I didn't get rid of my ss because I didn't like it. I was worried about the transmission.

LS1 Racing
08-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Anyway I didn't get rid of my ss because I didn't like it. I was worried about the transmission.

And no one begrudges you that. It's an unacceptable problem. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want deal with the trans problems. I think we all just have issue with the troll, who like Monte Man says, doesn't own either car, but is dumping on the LS4.

Sorry I was partially responsible for jacking your thread. Enjoy the new car!

SleeperGXP
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
14.7 really can u not drive?

MasterTomos
08-19-2012, 05:38 PM
You guys are always worth a good laugh I swear you are soooo fast to defend these mediocre cars. It is hilarious how hard you guys defend these things when I know many of the LS4 owners actually agree with me. Its pathetic how fast the name calling comes out (really? lmfao...it's about as pathetic as the LS4 platform) when someone brings up the cars/platforms well known flaws, you guys are like a bunch of high-schoolers. And the greatest part is how mad all of you are. Priceless.

SSWHITE07
08-19-2012, 05:38 PM
That's what the car ran. It spun pretty good but it still should have done better. As far as not being able to drive? You are supposed to put it where it says "D" right?

LS1 Racing
08-19-2012, 10:10 PM
You guys are always worth a good laugh I swear you are soooo fast to defend these mediocre cars. It is hilarious how hard you guys defend these things when I know many of the LS4 owners actually agree with me. Its pathetic how fast the name calling comes out (really? lmfao...it's about as pathetic as the LS4 platform) when someone brings up the cars/platforms well known flaws, you guys are like a bunch of high-schoolers. And the greatest part is how mad all of you are. Priceless.

Whatever, troll. Obviously, reading comprehension is not a strong point of yours, otherwise, you'd see that most of us won't argue about the weak trannys and FWD.

But since you've owned neither an LX or an LS4 car, it's safe to say that you're just here to talk sh*t, which is fine. We see the kind of person that your are. Just keep talking.

Just don't expect a lot of people to agree with you when you come onto the LS4 section and trash-talk our cars... Especially when a great many LS4s can put your LT1 in the rear-view mirror.

Just make sure you can get out of the 13's before you talk too much sh*t, because running your keyboard when the best you can do is mid 13's makes you look foolish.

smokin06impala ss
08-19-2012, 11:01 PM

I usaully stay quiet when I see comments like yours but this time I gotta say just :gtfo:

TheMonteMan
08-20-2012, 06:57 AM

did i offend you with my opinion? you still have yet to name one car in its bracket sold at the same time that could beat it. i get it youre an lt1 guy you have to come into the ls4 section of the forum to talk shit cause it makes you feel like more of a man. guess you know better than to step into an ls1 section to talk shit. not for nothing i think the ls4 would clean the lt1s clock stock vs stock(IMO). i dont have to defend the ls4 it can do that itself. can an lt1 do the same? seriously like whats next tpi L98 guys shit talking? followed shortly after by 24 speed trek owners? i didnt realize we were on lt1tech.

Brian396
08-20-2012, 08:01 AM

My turn at a rebuttal, granted I'm not as good as MonteMan. But anyway here it goes...

Fuck off.

Brian396
08-20-2012, 08:20 AM
With all do respect!!! Crap I forgot to say with all do respect. Oh well.

baltsk8er69
08-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Stock lt1s go mid 14s. They're only not the gayest 80s and up gm v8 because of the cross fire motor.

99slpws6
08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
14.7 really can u not drive?

I don't see you posting any of your awesome driving skills up,troll and to the guy with the pos lt1 car you shit is weak, I know a few ls4 cars that would stomp that car . So fuck off.

SleeperGXP
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't have to the car from the factory is faster then that bro!!!

The_Madcat
08-20-2012, 12:25 PM
I'll say it and mean it - No current Chrysler product is more dependable/reliable than the LS4 series. Go look at any Chrysler based car forum, check out the Problems threads in each. Take a good look at how many different things go wrong with these cars... Then look at a GM board, yes they have issues but it's always the same couple issues.

I have a Chrysler and it will be the last POS from that company I ever buy. The only way I would buy another would be if Ford and GM did not exist anymore and the only domestic brand was Chrysler.

With all due respect, take your trash talking somewhere it won't be laughed at. LS4 cars only have a couple bad points.

The_Madcat
08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't have to the car from the factory is faster then that bro!!!

There are so many factors that go into how that car will perform at race time. Driver is just one of them. Track temp, ambient temp, exc will all affect the times. I could run a 14 flat here and a 13.5 somewhere else with no changes. Of course, I'm sure you knew that...

Jay z28
08-20-2012, 04:23 PM

There is a reason the LX cars are over the 2 ton mark. They are.waaaay more roomy than any GM sedan let alone the LS4 cars. When my GXP was in the body shop after some idiot pulled out in from of me I got a 4cyl bottom of the line Charger as a rental and was AMAZED at how much room I had. I am 6' 7" and no one could sit behind me in my GP let alone trying to get a car seat in there. When driving the Charger I didn't even need to have the driver seat all the way back to drive comfortably and my 6' 4" brother sitting behind me didn't even have his knees touching the back of my seat. When it comes to the only thing the LS4 is good at (interior size), the LX cars blow them out of the water.

I will agree with you that the 5.7 Hemi cars have trouble stock for stock with the LS4 cars (with a decent driver), then add to the fact that you are modded, it isn't much of an accomplishment to beat one. I didn't mod my GXP very heavily due to being worried about having tranny problems in my family car, but the best I could manage at the track was 14.7 (at +6000 DA, w/ a 2.1 60' so it wasn't because I couldn't drive..), I had Hogan downpipe with a high flow cat, and custom cat back exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. My wife ran our 2011 300c two weeks ago at the same track with similar conditions and ran a 15.02. Not too far off considering the 300 is bone stock.

The SRT8 car must have been stock with a bad driver. No way you should have pulled a well driven 6.1 car.

Lastly, congrats on beating a stock new muscle car (that doesn't even have tuning available yet) in your MODDED F-Body. But here is a little reality check for you. No matter what you do to your car, at the end of the day it will still be a 10 year old F-Body that is only worth $6000.

the first smart thing youve said is that you made a mistake coming in here and giving your opinion. lets talk about fact and opinion before you go. opinion= ls4 cars suck because they fill too many niches and blah blah blah. thats your opinion you have yet to prove it as a fact. opinion=youre a fucking douche bag. thats my opinion not necessarily a fact, but both of these things can be offensive to the person theyre talking about. facts on the other hand are not so offensive, and can be proven. fact=the ls4 cars were the most affordable luxury sport sedans at the time they were new. fact= they were/are 13 second cars that had tons of space, headroom, legroom, got good fuel mileage, looked good, and handled well. fact=some ls4 cars have transmission issues(mine doesnt and ive driven it like i stole it for the last 5 years). fact=this thread has been jacked and all of this could have been avoided by not being a fucking dickhead, and just congratulating the op on his car. fact=opinions are great and being able to express it is whats wonderful about forums and america, but theres a time and place for everything and expressing ones dislike for a ls4 car in a thread about a charger isnt the time, nor is it the place for it. with that said if youd like to keep debating with me over two cars that you dont own you can feel free to pm me. i love debate, but you gotta bring facts not opinions.

op my apologies for the thread jack. post some more pics and a smoke show video.

Are you really getting offended about someone expressing their opinions about the same type of car as yours? How old are you? I agree that debating is fun, but try to leave your emotions out of it so they don't end up getting hurt. It's the damn internet. Don't get offended. LMAO

There are so many factors that go into how that car will perform at race time. Driver is just one of them. Track temp, ambient temp, exc will all affect the times. I could run a 14 flat here and a 13.5 somewhere else with no changes. Of course, I'm sure you knew that...

I agree 100%. DA is also a big contributing factor as well.

LS1 Racing
08-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I will agree with you that the 5.7 Hemi cars have trouble stock for stock with the LS4 cars (with a decent driver), then add to the fact that you are modded, it isn't much of an accomplishment to beat one. I didn't mod my GXP very heavily due to being worried about having tranny problems in my family car, but the best I could manage at the track was 14.7 (at +6000 DA, w/ a 2.1 60' so it wasn't because I couldn't drive..), I had Hogan downpipe with a high flow cat, and custom cat back exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. My wife ran our 2011 300c two weeks ago at the same track with similar conditions and ran a 15.02. Not too far off considering the 300 is bone stock.

The SRT8 car must have been stock with a bad driver. No way you should have pulled a well driven 6.1 car.

Lastly, congrats on beating a stock new muscle car (that doesn't even have tuning available yet) in your MODDED F-Body. But here is a little reality check for you. No matter what you do to your car, at the end of the day it will still be a 10 year old F-Body that is only worth $6000.

I think you missed my point on the Challenger: It's pretty sad to me that the highly-hyped 392 at nearly $50,000 and supposedly running low-12's couldn't beat a car with a smaller motor, less torque and a lot more miles and costing about $40,000 less.

And yes, at the end of the day, it's still a 10-year old F-Body, and I'd rather have that any Chrysler product, which by the way, probably only has a 50/50 chance of even still being on the road in 10 years. And don't even get me started on the Challenger's awkward styling and (up until 2012) low rent interior.

I tried Mopar...Twice. It sucked, and I'm not going back.

LS1 Racing
08-20-2012, 05:35 PM
When my GXP was in the body shop after some idiot pulled out in from of me I got a 4cyl bottom of the line Charger as a rental and was AMAZED at how much room I had

Oopsy...You just lost a ton of credibility here. There is not, nor has there ever been a 4-cylinder LX car.

If you're going to jock something non-GM here, you'd better have at least a vague idea of what could be under the hood.

Epic fail for you.

TheMonteMan
08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
There is a reason the LX cars are over the 2 ton mark. They are.waaaay more roomy than any GM sedan let alone the LS4 cars. When my GXP was in the body shop after some idiot pulled out in from of me I got a 4cyl bottom of the line Charger as a rental and was AMAZED at how much room I had.

I didnt realize that they came with 4 cylinders.

Must have been. theyre unbeatable. they are a powerhouse.

Are you really getting offended about someone expressing their opinions about the same type of car as yours? How old are you? I agree that debating is fun, but try to leave your emotions out of it so they don't end up getting hurt. It's the damn internet. Don't get offended. LMAO

I think you failed to see the point of my demonstration about opinions and facts, and i should probably straighten out a few things for you(that way youll know the facts). First off im far from offended. i was making a point about how absurd it is for someone who doesnt own the car the sub section of the forum is dedicated to, nor the car the thread is about to give there unwanted opinions(you seeing an on going trend here?). personally i can care less what you or anyone thinks of my daily driver. second it was my opinion that that guy was a douche bag, its your opinion that im immature, but at the end of the day no one asked you to give your opinion(no one asked for mine either, but since theres nothing but opinions being thrown around here why not.) thirdly theres a time and a place for everything and im sure the op didnt start this thread for you to attempt to educate me on being an adult. with that being said why dont you and the other guy take your two cents on over to a mopar forum since neither one of you own a ls4(or a charger for that matter). you have nothing of value to say, and more importantly nothing anyone wants to waste there time reading. both of you can feel free to pm to continue this since we are still jacking the ops thread to debate something that concerns neither of you.

oh and dont for get to congratulate the op! OP WHERES THE SMOKE!!!!

TheMonteMan
08-20-2012, 05:41 PM
My turn at a rebuttal, granted I'm not as good as MonteMan. But anyway here it goes...

Fuck off.

lol. thanks. its easy with these fools.

oh and get it right, if youre going to offend someone you have to say with all do respect before hand. it takes some of the sting out of it.

LS1 Racing
08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
MonteMan, you're right. We keep jacking the OPs thread, and this debate has nothing to do with him.

I started a thread over on gmls4.com to continue this uncensored. Here's the link: http://www.gmls4.com/index.php/topic,1785.new.html#new

If you Chrysler-humping trolls want to keep the debate going, I'll see you over there.

To the OP, enjoy your car.

TheMonteMan
08-20-2012, 06:16 PM
i forgot my password over there.

LS1 Racing
08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Let me see what I can do...

LS1 Racing
08-20-2012, 06:28 PM

PM sent!

Jay z28
08-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Wow, my bad. I made a mistake on how many cylinders the Charger had. All I knew was it was gutless. Either way I was only trying to get to the point that they have a lot more room than the LS4 cars. It's funny that was the best thing either of you could come up with to retort with.

I have owned a LS4 car so I do have some experience that I can relate to.

And I'm not registered on that website so I won't being going on there to debate more opinions with you.

To the OP-- Congrats on the new car! You'll enjoy the roomier, more reliable car with a better aftermarket far more than the dumb wrong wheel platform of the LS4 car.

Is that better fan bois?

MasterTomos
08-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Lol @ the amount of emotion and ricer logic in this thread. Seriously sounds like some emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes...

On a serious note to everyone from the other sections of this website (hell, the entire internet!):

I know most of us already knew this, but damn! don't say anything that could possibly be misconstrued as negative towards the almighty bullet proof rocketship LS4 cars on this corner of the internetz. You will be "proven wrong" with street racing stories, friend of a friend testimonials, the never-failing "10 year old car vs new car" bang for the buck ricer logic, and road and track 1/4 mile times. These cars always beat LT1's, SRT8's, GTO's, Mustangs, and I heard mike's brother's room-mate put 3 lengths on a Lambo...they're truely on a tier of performance over here that most car enthusiats will probably never will be on. Don't try to understand, because you can't, because if you don't own an LS4, you're simply not awesome enough to get what speed is all about...and of course, I say that with all due respect (which is none).

LS1 Racing
08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Lol @ the amount of emotion and ricer logic in this thread. Seriously sounds like some emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes...

On a serious note to everyone from the other sections of this website (hell, the entire internet!):

I know most of us already knew this, but damn! don't say anything that could possibly be misconstrued as negative towards the almighty bullet proof rocketship LS4 cars on this corner of the internetz. You will be "proven wrong" with street racing stories, friend of a friend testimonials, the never-failing "10 year old car vs new car" bang for the buck ricer logic, and road and track 1/4 mile times. These cars always beat LT1's, SRT8's, GTO's, Mustangs, and I heard mike's brother's room-mate put 3 lengths on a Lambo...they're truely on a tier of performance over here that most car enthusiats will probably never will be on. Don't try to understand, because you can't, because if you don't own an LS4, you're simply not awesome enough to get what speed is all about...and of course, I say that with all due respect (which is none).

Trollin', trollin, trollin... :swing:

1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
08-21-2012, 10:52 AM
I love these threads

baltsk8er69
08-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Ricer logic? The fact is you don't know what the hell your talking about and you have 0 credibility. And the fact is between sniffing your mothers underwear and masturbating to chuck Norris men's health issue....you keep taking time out of your day to come back to a forum for a vehicle you don't own....in a thread that has nothing to do with you...so who's the loser now. Do us all a favor marry your second cousin and fuck off.

TheMonteMan
08-21-2012, 04:25 PM

emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes? wtf does that even mean?

lets imagine an lt1 owner posted a thread in the lt1 section saying he just got rid of his car for a mach1, and i went in there and was like congrats on the new car man because lt1s are total pieces of shit, everyone who owns one is fuckin stupid for buying one, there slow, opti spark is a pos, and they look like shit. do you think lt1 owners would be insulted and tell me off(the answer is yes)?

there was no misconstruing of words you were talking shit and you know it.

you just dont get it though do you. who the hell said the ls4 was the end all be all? you do realize these are daily driven family cars right? i said it was the best car in its class at the time it was out, for the price. i challenged you to name one better, and you couldnt(in its class you dumb shit. a gto isnt in its class, a challenger isnt in its class, a lambos not in it class, mustangs and f bodies arent in there class either) ls4s are sports sedans(yes even the 2dr montes). its that simple. stock vs stock yes it will beat an lt1(that must be a tough pill for you to swallow), yes it will beat 2v mustangs, yes it will put up a good fight against 3vs, but are these things to be proud of? in a ls1,2,3,6,7,9 car no, in a ls4 yup. its not often pony cars get beat by daily driven fwd family cars so when it happens its something to be proud of.

i think its funny were emotional high schoolers, and vin diesel impersonators yet youre the one having an imaginary conversation with internet users everywhere. you do realize that anyone and everyone that reads this thread thinks your retarded right? perhaps you should reread all the posts in this thread before you post again. youre starting to make a fool of yourself and i doubt that youll find people in this section taking your side.

remember that time you used the all due respect line when i used it as an example of how big of an asshole you came off as for saying IMO every time? youre classic comedy. you take me back to my battles with bdyman(im sure the old school ls4 guys know exactly what im talking about).

oh yeah OP WHERES THE SMOKE!!!!!

LS1 Racing
08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes? wtf does that even mean?

lets imagine an lt1 owner posted a thread in the lt1 section saying he just got rid of his car for a mach1, and i went in there and was like congrats on the new car man because lt1s are total pieces of shit, everyone who owns one is fuckin stupid for buying one, there slow, opti spark is a pos, and they look like shit. do you think lt1 owners would be insulted and tell me off(the answer is yes)?

there was no misconstruing of words you were talking shit and you know it.

you just dont get it though do you. who the hell said the ls4 was the end all be all? you do realize these are daily driven family cars right? i said it was the best car in its class at the time it was out, for the price. i challenged you to name one better, and you couldnt(in its class you dumb shit. a gto isnt in its class, a challenger isnt in its class, a lambos not in it class, mustangs and f bodies arent in there class either) ls4s are sports sedans(yes even the 2dr montes). its that simple. stock vs stock yes it will beat an lt1(that must be a tough pill for you to swallow), yes it will beat 2v mustangs, yes it will put up a good fight against 3vs, but are these things to be proud of? in a ls1,2,3,6,7,9 car no, in a ls4 yup. its not often pony cars get beat by daily driven fwd family cars so when it happens its something to be proud of.

i think its funny were emotional high schoolers, and vin diesel impersonators yet youre the one having an imaginary conversation with internet users everywhere. you do realize that anyone and everyone that reads this thread thinks your retarded right? perhaps you should reread all the posts in this thread before you post again. youre starting to make a fool of yourself and i doubt that youll find people in this section taking your side.

remember that time you used the all due respect line when i used it as an example of how big of an asshole you came off as for saying IMO every time? youre classic comedy. you take me back to my battles with bdyman(im sure the old school ls4 guys know exactly what im talking about).

:buttkick:

Man, that had to hurt.

TheMonteMan
08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I love these threads
:metoo:

99slpws6
08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Just wanted to point it out since you think ls4 cars are pile of shit,check out the street racing section I am pretty sure their is a turbo ls4 kicking ass, just like ls1racing said you are fucking troll.

Jay z28
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM

He can't show us any smoke. He bought a lowly Hemi LX car that gets pulled by stock LS4 cars with 3 passengers. It just doesn't have the power. Poor guy.

LOL

The_Madcat
08-21-2012, 05:23 PM
He can't show us any smoke. He bought a lowly Hemi LX car that gets pulled by stock LS4 cars with 3 passengers. It just doesn't have the power. Poor guy.

LOL

Sarcastic or not, its the most truthful statement you have had so far. Bravo!

Sadden
08-21-2012, 07:45 PM
:violin:

iowasls1
08-21-2012, 08:08 PM
cant believe i wasted my time following this argument. we are in the LS4 section right?

91parkave
08-21-2012, 09:17 PM
@ MasterTomos and any other chrysler troll
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/91parkave/Backpacks-thrown-student.gif

MasterTomos
08-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Lmfao...you guys...holy shit...gotta have the last word don't you? Go ahead and have it if it makes you feel so awesome. I LOVE the fact that I am now a chrysler troll/fanboy because I understand what makes a good performance car. But yes, carry on with your faggotry. I hope everyone on tech knows to respect you guys now (seriously laughing out loud)...

Oh, on a side note: I hope your car that's 10 years newer and costs 3 times as much as mine (see what I did there?) with more HP and more torque could beat an LT1 stock for stock, but the funny thing is, it's pretty much a driver's race. Get into the bolt-on comparisons and it's game over for the LS4, just sayin. Oh, and my optispark is running strong at 17 years old, and can be replaced in an afternoon in my garage for a couple hudred bucks. Let's see if your guy's transmissions do that :)

sincerely, the hardcore chrysler guy :lol:

LS1 Racing
08-21-2012, 11:19 PM
. I LOVE the fact that I am now a chrysler troll/fanboy because I understand what makes a good performance car

Dude, you have an LT1...What could you possibly know about a performance car?

:supergay:

LS1 Racing
08-21-2012, 11:22 PM
@ MasterTomos and any other chrysler troll
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/91parkave/Backpacks-thrown-student.gif

Close...

He actually reminds me of this:

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af165/vanshmack/46405882fatkid.gif

TheMonteMan
08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Lmfao...you guys...holy shit...gotta have the last word don't you? Go ahead and have it if it makes you feel so awesome. I LOVE the fact that I am now a chrysler troll/fanboy because I understand what makes a good performance car. But yes, carry on with your faggotry. I hope everyone on tech knows to respect you guys now (seriously laughing out loud)...

Oh, on a side note: I hope your car that's 10 years newer and costs 3 times as much as mine (see what I did there?) with more HP and more torque could beat an LT1 stock for stock, but the funny thing is, it's pretty much a driver's race. Get into the bolt-on comparisons and it's game over for the LS4, just sayin. Oh, and my optispark is running strong at 17 years old, and can be replaced in an afternoon in my garage for a couple hudred bucks. Let's see if your guy's transmissions do that :)

sincerely, the hardcore chrysler guy :lol:

i dont think its a drivers race. and you do realize your car is supposed to be a muscle car right? being beaten by a fwd family car, but by the logic you used before with ls1racing(remember when his car pulled an srt? then even if you did manage to beat an ls4 in your car it would still be a 15yr old pos that would be worth 2k and no one would want or be impressed by.

i also think its funny thats the thing you picked out of everything i said to you to comment about(defending your car. shocker.) not how you come off as an ass in your posts, not with a car from the same era in the same class for the same price that can beat an ls4, and not any factual examples of anything just more mindless babble.
i think youve been bested my friend. you should just stop. i vote to :ban: this man! alabama where are you? shouldnt you be removing this guy by now?

oh and im quite sure the ops car can give us a pretty good smoke show. im sure he just decided to stop popping into his thread thats been shit on by the non ls4 people of the world.

Jay z28
08-22-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm sure his car can put up a nice smoke show as well. Considering my wife can do it in our 5.7 300c.

He's probably not posting because he is out enjoying his car now instead of sitting around his house worrying about whether or not the tranny is going to take a crap on him. :lol:

The_Madcat
08-22-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm sure his car can put up a nice smoke show as well. Considering my wife can do it in our 5.7 300c.

He's probably not posting because he is out enjoying his car now instead of sitting around his house worrying about whether or not the tranny is going to take a crap on him. :lol:

No, the NAG1 is a pretty solid trans. He will be stuck good when the "pink thingy" breaks and he can't shift out of park.

He has plenty of other things to worry about with a Charger though. It's actually a good thing he doesn't have the 6.1 hemi, then he would be worrying about a new engine before 75k.

/popcorn

SSWHITE07
08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
What's to worry about with chargers? All I have heard is crappy tie rod ends and electrical things.

Sadden
08-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Beating a dead horse here guys. For the recors our only competition is the Acura TL , and at nearly twice the price , 3x the tq steer , and being .3-.5 slower than us , its not much competition.

Jay z28
08-22-2012, 12:42 PM
No, the NAG1 is a pretty solid trans. He will be stuck good when the "pink thingy" breaks and he can't shift out of park.

He has plenty of other things to worry about with a Charger though. It's actually a good thing he doesn't have the 6.1 hemi, then he would be worrying about a new engine before 75k.

/popcorn

I don't know about the OP, but I'd rather have a clip in my shifter break and leave me stranded for an afternoon than have my transmission go and have to replace it.

As for the 6.1 comment, not sure where you are trying to go with that one..

The_Madcat
08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Maybe if you actually researched this stuff before spewing out crap you would know what I mean by the 6.1 engine comment.... I'm not even a Mopar guy and I know about this.

RedRocketZ28
08-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Dude, you have an LT1...What could you possibly know about a performance car?

:supergay:

You seriously said that? How many LT1 cars on this site could absolutely destroy your Camaro? You better step your game up a bit if you want to start talking trash about LT1 cars.

I had a 95 Z28 M6 that ran a 13.8 @ 101 stock. Never lost to the almighty LS4 cars that I encountered a few times either. Dig, roll, you name it, I had no problems. A drivers race with the edge to the LT1 car in my experience. What do I know though? I don't have any experience with LS motors...

A lot of you guys in this section get butt hurt way too easily. One guy points out some MAJOR flaws in the platform and studs like The Monte Man are calling for their almighty "Moderator" and leader to ban him? Haha, venture outside your little box and see what actually goes on here on LS1Tech.

God forbid someone who doesn't own a LS4 car post in one of your threads. I hate open forums like this. We should have to prove we are worthy enough to post about these awesome machines.

OP, congrats on the upgrade!

SSCoop
08-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not posting here to start nor take sides on any part of this beef but the reliability of my LS4 compared to my Charger was not even any competition. I've experienced two transmission failures, eletrical problems, replaced brakes way too often, a broken head gasket, needed a pulley, and was stuck in park while I had my Impala SS for two years. My Charger so far has been reliable besides the car being stuck in park (replaced the pink shift interlock latch myself which was a pain). I loved my Impala but that car had too many issues so I chose the Charger. I miss the uniqueness of the Impala. Surprising people at lights and etc. but I couldn't go through another transmission break down again. I love the aggressive style of the Charger and the combination of RWD and a v8. The performance gains with the minor mods I have is pretty darn good if I say so my self. Dynoed with 313.7 HP and 362.3 lbs of tq and also ran a best 13.71 at the local track back in June. I've made plenty of friends here and I plan to keep it that way. Every car has a flaw whether it's a GM, Mopar, or Ford. Take it for what it's worth.

Jay z28
08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Maybe if you actually researched this stuff before spewing out crap you would know what I mean by the 6.1 engine comment.... I'm not even a Mopar guy and I know about this.

It's easy to spew information without any sources. Try putting some credible sources in your posts when claiming that all 6.1 engines need to be replaced before 75K miles. I'm not the one spewing ridiculous claims.

LS1 Racing
08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
You seriously said that? How many LT1 cars on this site could absolutely destroy your Camaro? You better step your game up a bit if you want to start talking trash about LT1 cars.

I had a 95 Z28 M6 that ran a 13.8 @ 101 stock. Never lost to the almighty LS4 cars that I encountered a few times either. Dig, roll, you name it, I had no problems. A drivers race with the edge to the LT1 car in my experience. What do I know though? I don't have any experience with LS motors...

A lot of you guys in this section get butt hurt way too easily. One guy points out some MAJOR flaws in the platform and studs like The Monte Man are calling for their almighty "Moderator" and leader to ban him? Haha, venture outside your little box and see what actually goes on here on LS1Tech.

God forbid someone who doesn't own a LS4 car post in one of your threads. I hate open forums like this. We should have to prove we are worthy enough to post about these awesome machines.

More lack of reading comprehension...Lovely.

For the last time, I don't think any LS4 owner has any illusions about the drawbacks to our cars. We know the transmissions have issues and that FWD isn't the best for drag racing. Tell us something we don't know.

But what we do take issue with is the fact that a non-owner comes in here, shits all over the car, then wonders why people are pissed. He then continues to blather about how much better another car is, without even knowing much about either one. That's what's pissing people off here.

As for the LT1 comment, sure. There's always someone faster, and I'm sure there are hardcore LT1s out there that will hand me my ass. But guess what? I was specifically talking about the MasterTomas' mid-13 second car. Dude barely breaks 100 MPH in the quarter and he thinks he knows performance. Well fuck him. He has little credibility in this arena, so he ought to accept that fact.

Yeah, people can come in post whatever they want, but they also ought to be ready for the consequences if they piss people off. If you're just going to talk shit, then be prepared to get called a troll and worse.

RedRocketZ28
08-22-2012, 02:47 PM
More lack of reading comprehension...Lovely.

Please explain. I don't see where I was lacking any reading comprehension.

I simply stated that one guy came in here and pointed out the major flaws of the platform. I am fully aware that most who own a LS4 car in this section know about the drawbacks already.

I still find your previous comment about LT1 cars and performance amusing. For a 20 year old motor, it still holds its own just fine.

demonspeeder1
08-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Mustang Syndrome: The belief that your car is automatically better then any other car based on the name.

Yeah, I made that up.

And it seems alot of F-body guys fall into this catagory too. The big problem I see is that everyone else comes in here and talks shit on the LS4 because they think it doesn't belong. Well, so what? Too quote the Eagles: "Get over it". I personally have no gripe over the Charger as I've looked at a few myself. (AWD models) Being 22 years old and living in New York I don't exactly have the luxury of being able too afford one, or a Camaro, or a Mustang and be able too drive it all year long. So for me, my Monte is really the perfect car. Front wheel drive for the winter, decent gas milage, roomy, fast, good looking, and it was cheap. As far as the Transmission... just turned 95k and it's still going strong. And I drive it like I stole it. So the transmission argument is moot for me.

To the OP, enjoy the car, too the rest of you, shut up and enjoy your cars. Stop getting so damned butthurt over everything.

Cause if you do, you're a PUNK ASS BITCH, and no one wants to be that.

JessmoMonteSS
08-22-2012, 03:30 PM
To the OP, enjoy the car, too the rest of you, shut up and enjoy your cars. Stop getting so damned butthurt over everything.

This :judge:

RedRocketZ28
08-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Mustang Syndrome: The belief that your car is automatically better then any other car based on the name.

Yeah, I made that up.

And it seems alot of F-body guys fall into this catagory too. The big problem I see is that everyone else comes in here and talks shit on the LS4 because they think it doesn't belong. Well, so what? Too quote the Eagles: "Get over it". I personally have no gripe over the Charger as I've looked at a few myself. (AWD models) Being 22 years old and living in New York I don't exactly have the luxury of being able too afford one, or a Camaro, or a Mustang and be able too drive it all year long. So for me, my Monte is really the perfect car. Front wheel drive for the winter, decent gas milage, roomy, fast, good looking, and it was cheap. As far as the Transmission... just turned 95k and it's still going strong. And I drive it like I stole it. So the transmission argument is moot for me.

Cause if you do, you're a PUNK ASS BITCH, and no one wants to be that.

I would just like to state that I have nothing against the LS4 cars in general. I am lucky enough to have always had a DD so my Camaro(s) only got driven May-October, in nice weather conditions. I could have a fun performance RWD car, and have a nice DD.

I am not a Fbody owner who thinks these cars are the baddest things on the road. They rattle, shit falls apart, have weak ass rear ends, my 40k mile SS ttops leaked, they have paint issues, I could go on and on about them. I have owned four 4th gen Fbody Camaros and keep coming back to them. I do enjoy the styling and the raw feeling of them and of course, the Camaro name. I am biased obviously.

I think everyone needs to take a step back here and stop bickering. EVERY car has its downfalls. Stop getting so butt hurt because someone states they think the OP's Charger is a better all around car, or that your LS4 cars have their problems. I just rambled off a list of shitty things about 4th gens and I don't get angry when another type of car owner points out the flaws of it. At the end of the day we bought our cars for a reason and to serve the purpose we want/need at that particular time.

Also, I don't want to be a PUNK ASS BITCH!!! :jest:

baltsk8er69
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I think this argument went from...why are you on this forum shitting on ls4s.....(mastertomos) <-----who I think we can all agree is a douche bag no nothing fuck who now checks this forums on the hour, to a pissing match with other cars...hate to tell you but someone has made every car you can think of faster than someone else....search 9 second yugo gv. So in refrain can't we all get along? Except mastertomos....you intact are a douche. And your car blows....regardless of what you own. Please return to the dark pits of your lair (mothers basement) and carry on your important deeds (yankin your dick)...and have a great life(fuck off). With all do respect of course! And where the hell is the smoke show!!!!

LS1 Racing
08-22-2012, 06:12 PM
I think this argument went from...why are you on this forum shitting on ls4s.....(mastertomos) <-----who I think we can all agree is a douche bag no nothing fuck who now checks this forums on the hour, to a pissing match with other cars...hate to tell you but someone has made every car you can think of faster than someone else....search 9 second yugo gv. So in refrain can't we all get along? Except mastertomos....you intact are a douche. And your car blows....regardless of what you own. Please return to the dark pits of your lair (mothers basement) and carry on your important deeds (yankin your dick)...and have a great life(fuck off). With all do respect of course! And where the hell is the smoke show!!!!

:smokin2:

That about sums it up.

1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
08-22-2012, 07:55 PM

TheMonteMan
08-23-2012, 09:56 AM
A lot of you guys in this section get butt hurt way too easily. One guy points out some MAJOR flaws in the platform and studs like The Monte Man are calling for their almighty "Moderator" and leader to ban him? Haha, venture outside your little box and see what actually goes on here on LS1Tech.What does butt hurt even mean? if its some attempt at being cool and saying upset, believe me im not(thats where your reading comprehension is lacking. perhaps you should read the post where i stated i can careless what people think about my dd. hmm maybe butt hurt means when someone doesnt care about something?) who asked your opinion on anything anyway? i know youre the foremost expert on lt1s and all, and have destroyed numerous amounts of ls4s in your bone stock lt1 from every possible speed and digs, but once again this threads about the ops new car. remember?(if butt hurt means defending ones car when theyve been insulted does that mean youre butt hurt since youre defending lt1s(even though the thread isnt even about lt1s)?)

i find it a little disturbing to wake up in the morning before i go to work and see what i assume is another man calling me a stud. i dont know what this means either. im going to assume its either a homosexual comment or a thinly veiled insult of some sort.

i wasnt calling for the moderator because i was losing this debate or "butt hurt" in anyway. i was calling for the moderator because the ops thread has been shitted on and has gone way off course by every backwords ass fuck on this site.(that would be you and the other meat puppets) not to mention thats his job.

God forbid someone who doesn't own a LS4 car post in one of your threads. I hate open forums like this. We should have to prove we are worthy enough to post about these awesome machines.Ive posted in other sections of this forum myself about cars i dont own, but never to state the obvious, start shit, and not to mention jack someones thread with nonsense and baseless opinion. the thread is about the ops new car not his old car or a lt1.

if you didnt want to be a jackass you should have just posted that and called it day, but no you wanted to continue where the others left off by fucking the thread even more. i congratulate you. whos next?

RedRocketZ28
08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
if you didnt want to be a jackass you should have just posted that and called it day, but no you wanted to continue where the others left off by fucking the thread even more. i congratulate you. whos next?

Nice rambling post of nonsense.

You think you got me huh? I will state my opinion wherever I want. Sorry you are "butt hurt", upset, or whatever you want to call it, over that.

Please tell me, what's a "backwords ass fuck"?

I can guarantee I have contributed more to this site than you ever will think about contributing.

Also, you did call out to the moderator to :ban: MasterTomos. On what grounds would he be banned you moron? If you are going to run to the mod, then at least request the thread to be locked. Not running to him to ban someone over nothing.

Lastly, fuck off. Go drive your "Montes" around you tool.

TheMonteMan
08-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Nice rambling post of nonsense.

You think you got me huh? I will state my opinion wherever I want. Sorry you are "butt hurt", upset, or whatever you want to call it, over that.

Please tell me, what's a "backwords ass fuck"?

I can guarantee I have contributed more to this site than you ever will think about contributing.

Also, you did call out to the moderator to :ban: MasterTomos. On what grounds would he be banned you moron? If you are going to run to the mod, then at least request the thread to be locked. Not running to him to ban someone over nothing.

Lastly, fuck off. Go drive your "Montes" around you tool.

sounds like your a little upset"butt hurt". im pretty sure since youre angry i do got you. see youre all pissed off and bothered, and im sitting here laughing having a drink relaxed as one can be.

of course you can keep posting your opinion (though it has nothing to do with the thread) you only prove me right when you do. youre full of opinion not fact and one has to take your opinion for what its worth(nothing at all).
so far your contributions to this thread were less than useful, but absolutely memorable. myself and im sure all of the users of this forum thank you for your expertise and insight. you are a truly an invaluable source of information and i for one am glad you stopped by and shared your thoughts with us.

im going to go drive my montes now, but feel free to argue with me via pm so we can stop fucking the ops thread up. unless this is your idea of contributing to the forum(if so by all means continue thread jacking and making an ass of yourself).

RedRocketZ28
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
sounds like your a little upset"butt hurt". im pretty sure since youre angry i do got you. see youre all pissed off and bothered, and im sitting here laughing having a drink relaxed as one can be.

of course you can keep posting your opinion (though it has nothing to do with the thread) you only prove me right when you do. youre full of opinion not fact and one has to take your opinion for what its worth(nothing at all).
so far your contributions to this thread were less than useful, but absolutely memorable. myself and im sure all of the users of this forum thank you for your expertise and insight. you are a truly an invaluable source of information and i for one am glad you stopped by and shared your thoughts with us.

im going to go drive my montes now, but feel free to argue with me via pm so we can stop fucking the ops thread up. unless this is your idea of contributing to the forum(if so by all means continue thread jacking and making an ass of yourself).

Yep, you nailed it. I am upset. Sitting here at work trying to find something or someone to amuse me. You fulfilled that void for a little while. I did nothing more than anyone else did in this thread, state my opinion.

I really do wish I could be more like you though. You are so witty and full of useful knowledge. You don't get upset about anything, you stay cool, calm and collected. I applaud you sir.

BTW, you have contributed plenty to this thread to fuck it up as well.

No need to send any PM's (unless you want to) as I am done here. I am bowing out to your awesomeness :hail:.

TheMonteMan
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Yep, you nailed it. I am upset. Sitting here at work trying to find something or someone to amuse me. You fulfilled that void for a little while. I did nothing more than anyone else did in this thread, state my opinion.

I really do wish I could be more like you though. You are so witty and full of useful knowledge. You don't get upset about anything, you stay cool, calm and collected. I applaud you sir.

BTW, you have contributed plenty to this thread to fuck it up as well.

No need to send any PM's (unless you want to) as I am done here. I am bowing out to your awesomeness :hail:.

thank you for calling me witty, and full of useful knowledge. both statements though true are not viewed as complements coming from the likes of you, but ill take it anyway. once again this threads about the ops car, and if youd like to give your personal opinion about me you can pm me(personal message not post it in a thread about a charger.) i know in your eyes you feel this is some valuable contribution to this forum but its not, and to prove im the better man i wont sit here and continue battling wits with "men" that are clearly ill equipped for it. feel free to pm me with what ever nonsense you like, or post it here and ill reply via pm(no point in contributing further in the jacking of this thread.)

demonspeeder1
08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
The OPs thread was fucked pages ago... in fact it was raped repeatedly in a back ally, kicked and then spit on. The rapist being the combined stupidity of you assholes trying to "out insult" the other. And stop with the whole "no need to keep jacking the OPs thread" bullshit like you actually respect him in the least bit. Seriously, somebody lock or delete this thread. Do it for the children.

Jay z28
08-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Mr Monte guy,

A couple of times you have mentioned that you could care less about the opinions of others.. If that is true, why don't you? You probably wouldn't get so upset if you actually cared less.

And I agree with demonspeeder. You don't care about the OP's thread otherwise you would have pm'd each person you have responded to instead of replying in here and then telling the other person to pm you if they want to continue.

And just to clarify. Anyone talking about a charger being a good buy is staying on topic more than the people saying the LS4 is better than anything in it's class. OP got rid of his because he clearly didn't feel that way. Leave it at that.

gixper
08-23-2012, 08:50 PM
:corn: :lol:

99slpws6
08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Talk about beating a dead horse, this thread pointless anymore, people buy cars that they want ,if the op wants a charger or a damn geo metro,well good for him, its all about PERSONAL preferences....

MasterTomos
08-23-2012, 11:17 PM
I just LOVE that I said the charger was a more capable platform for performance (not stock for stock-but they are close) and congratulated OP, and because I said that my car is shit, I'm stupid, I live in my mom's basement, I don't know shit about performance because I don't own an LS4 (lol), I do nothing with my life, I'm every childish name you can think of, people are talking about wanting me banned for sharing my opinion, and I'M the douchebag troll. :lol:

What's really hilarious is that this is probably the most viewed and commented on thread in the last 3 months in this section because everyone needed to stop by and share their childish name calling because I shared an opinion...Also, I lol'd when I read the comment about me checking this thread "on the hour", seeing as I have posted 7 times total in 94 total posts in this thread (and surely there will be 3 or 4 more pages of people calling me a dummy-head after this post). I didn't even read the last few pages because I know how important the last word is to you guys-take it. Yep, I'm definately the douche with no life here. You guys must be very important people with mansions because you're so good at name calling and drive grand prix's and monte carlo's.

I also loved the other guys tacking on "wheres the smoke show?" at the end of their name calling rants like they weren't just here to argue in the first place...classy touch.

marc97taws6
08-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Congrats on the upgrade, OP!

:lol: at all of the fan boys getting genuinely upset about their inferior cars in comparison.

Next thing we know I'll have another GP GXP guy trying to tell me a 14 second car is hard to launch... :judge:

MasterTomos
08-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Congrats on the upgrade, OP!

:lol: at all of the fan boys getting genuinely upset about their inferior cars in comparison.

Next thing we know I'll have another GP GXP guy trying to tell me a 14 second car is hard to launch... :judge:

I completely forgot about that...hilarious.

marc97taws6
08-24-2012, 01:05 AM
I completely forgot about that...hilarious.
I think that was the same guy when I didn't have a sig calling me out as if I had a stock LT1 saying his GP GXP would beat my LT1 in a race. Little did he know I had giggle gas, bolt-ons, suspension, and drag radials.

Must be all dat LS4 torque that makes them hard to launch? :confused:

baltsk8er69
08-24-2012, 06:36 AM
You had drag radials on a car that made 200 wheel horsepower? You probably rolled right through the low 14s on that. Your lucky gm made the crossfire injection motor or the lt1 would be the laughing stock of sbc's....and the sad part is the camaro is a "sports car"....so your mid 14 second 1/4 mile....not impressive. Even the ls1 guys laugh at you because you were too cheap to buy the better motor.

RedRocketZ28
08-24-2012, 08:14 AM
You had drag radials on a car that made 200 wheel horsepower? You probably rolled right through the low 14s on that. Your lucky gm made the crossfire injection motor or the lt1 would be the laughing stock of sbc's....and the sad part is the camaro is a "sports car"....so your mid 14 second 1/4 mile....not impressive. Even the ls1 guys laugh at you because you were too cheap to buy the better motor.

Little do you know that with BOLT-ONS only his car ran a 13.0 FLAT. My STOCK LT1 ran a 13.8 @ 101...with a M6.

You are absolutely clueless if you think the LT1 would be the laughing stock of the sbc's. They aren't that much slower than the almighty LS motors. This coming from a guy who started in an LT1 and has now had 3 LS cars. Take a gander in the LT1 section and see what guys are doing with them. A few bolt-ons and they are right there with a stock LS1. Not bad for an inferior motor huh? Also, are we forgetting that technology ADVANCES? The LT1 was a great motor in it's day, and still can be in the right hands.

Coming from a guy who has been on the forum less than a year, has "sk8er" AND "69" in his name, I am sure most people just shrug off your idiotic posts though.

baltsk8er69
08-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Red rocket is the nickname for the tip of a dogs dick..stock for stock ill shit on you...with my heated seats on and listening to my xm radio....while your in a slow "muscle car". Who with work can almost compete with a stock ls1. A round of applause to you dogdick.

RedRocketZ28
08-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Red rocket is the nickname for the tip of a dogs dick..stock for stock ill shit on you...with my heated seats on and listening to my xm radio....while your in a slow "muscle car". Who with work can almost compete with a stock ls1. A round of applause to you dogdick.

Stock for stock you would shit on me? What do you think I am currently driving? Any of my cars I have had would have no problem with your car...stock for stock. As you can tell though, I don't keep my cars stock.

So you think the LT1 cars were slow for their day? You really must be young (name makes sense now) and not have a fucking clue of what they were or are capable of. I bet your LS4 powered machine with it's heated seats and XM radio makes Fbodys cringe when you pull up next to them.

Are you referring to your car with work being close to a stock LS1 or an LT1 with work being close to a stock LS1? I am not sure what you mean by "work", but a couple of bolt-ons and an LT1 can hang with and beat an LS1 easy. Of course depends on the drivetrain, driver, etc, but you wouldn't have a clue about that.

marc97taws6
08-24-2012, 09:15 AM
The good ole boat anchor never had any problems with LS1s back in the day. Even on motor. Results like this with several LS1s. This said LS1 car had shorties (previous owner), catback, cutout, 3.73s (m6), and an ls6 intake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikBueS69lqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl0fin80-Wc

Ooooo, heated leather and xm that can be added by anybody to any car. We may or may not be jealous of your low 14 second, wrong wheel drive, V8 super car sedan. ;)

I think lots of you in here are just mad you couldn't afford G8s :swing:

gixper
08-24-2012, 09:26 AM

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

91christineb4c
08-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I dont know much about the LS4s but I cant tell you how many i distroyed with marcs ws6 (one posted above) yeah sure they are comfortable but to compare to an fbody is not really a good choice. My LS1 ws6 and will walk ls4s spinning.. no doubt my (80s crap) camaro.. tho it may have alittle LS surprise under the hood. But regardless they are nice cars as i have owned and GP just not the go fast choice when fbodys can be picked up for dirt cheap anymore and modded to hell

baltsk8er69
08-24-2012, 09:48 AM
The funny thing is I don't even dislike lt1's I'm just proving the point that any car can be shat upon. So don't come in here hi and mighty when your not even at the top of the food chain.

marc97taws6
08-24-2012, 10:03 AM
You own an ls4. You're at the bottom of the performance game. What is it like competing with 2V Mustangs?

RedRocketZ28
08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
The funny thing is I don't even dislike lt1's I'm just proving the point that any car can be shat upon. So don't come in here hi and mighty when your not even at the top of the food chain.

Who came in here all "hi" (your spelling) and mighty? You stated that you would "shit" on me stock for stock.

:confused: That about sums up your post as well. You are an immature tool.

Jay z28
08-24-2012, 10:23 AM
You guys are really proud that your LS4 cars, that are 10+ years newer than the LT1's, are running similar times? LMAO

Anyone saying the GXP will handle an LT1 should watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQvLM6QYSQ

Both were pretty close to stock. The FWD GXP outlaunched the LT1 car where it should have shined the best, and the LT1 car still pulled on the top end.

marc97taws6
08-24-2012, 12:20 PM
You guys are really proud that your LS4 cars, that are 10+ years newer than the LT1's, are running similar times? LMAO

Anyone saying the GXP will handle an LT1 should watch this.

Both were pretty close to stock. The FWD GXP outlaunched the LT1 car where it should have shined the best, and the LT1 car still pulled on the top end.
Careful, Jay. You are soon going to be called the nut swinger for telling it like it is. I love the mindset here. Sounds like this section belongs on Camaro5

DavidGXP
08-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Wow.. What happend to this thread?
I would rather have a ls1 f-body.
The ls4 is not a sports car, its a sports sedan. If I had a Monte SS, then I would be pissed.

LS1 Racing
08-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Wow, the trolls are out in force, now.

I guess the bolt-on LT1 guys stick together, because they're all here in one giant Gen II sausage fest.

So, to recap the the thread, an LS4 guys sells his car to get an LX. A douchenozzle LT1 guy comes in and says it's an upgrade, and cites a couple of fax and some fiction. Douchenozzle gets called out on some of his opinions, and then IT'S ON. Meanwhile, every jackass with an LT1 shows up to defend the honor of their 250 RWHP bolt-on F-bodies.

Sound about right?

If this happened on my site, I'd probably just ban all of these LT1 guys just for being morons.

And yes, marc, you are all nut-swingers. The LS4 may be at the bottom of the LS food-chain, but it's still a better motor than the LT1 is now.

Sure, back in the day, the LT1 was the shit...But that day was in the mid-90's. The only reason people own them now is because either (A) They've had one since it was new and they held onto it, or (B) They bought one because they couldn't afford to buy an LS1 car on their McDonald's salary.

I'm guessing you guys fall into the "B" category.

RedRocketZ28
08-24-2012, 01:03 PM
What LT1 guys are you talking about? I sure as hell hope you aren't talking about me. You can clearly see what I have owned, and currently own and am working on. Did I own an LT1? Yes. It had 31k miles on it when I bought it. I could have had an LS car if I wanted one at that time. Not that it really matters what anyone owns though.

You coming in here gloating about having an LS car, taking shots at people with LT cars by saying they can't afford an LS car speaks loudly of you. Nice site btw, did an elementary student design it? I am sure it gets real hardcore over there as far as tech goes, ha! Go ban people for being morons, while you are at it, ban yourself since you fall into the moron category.

LS1 Racing
08-24-2012, 01:48 PM
What LT1 guys are you talking about? I sure as hell hope you aren't talking about me. You can clearly see what I have owned, and currently own and am working on. Did I own an LT1? Yes. It had 31k miles on it when I bought it. I could have had an LS car if I wanted one at that time. Not that it really matters what anyone owns though.

You coming in here gloating about having an LS car, taking shots at people with LT cars by saying they can't afford an LS car speaks loudly of you. Nice site btw, did an elementary student design it? I am sure it gets real hardcore over there as far as tech goes, ha! Go ban people for being morons, while you are at it, ban yourself since you fall into the moron category.

Whatever you say, Homer.

And you can talk whatever shit you like about GMLS4, but the fact is, it contributes in a big way to the LS4 community, which I'm sure is a lot more than your contribution of ZERO to the LS community.

Followers like you are hysterical. You troll into a section in which you have no interest, piss a bunch of people off, and then pretend like it's all on them. Glad it makes you feel better to put down other people's stuff in their own section, but I guess you need to find some way to cover your own inadequcies on the automotive world...And elsewhere.

The bottom line is, you add no value here, are not welcome here, and while you do have the right post whatever you like here, we also have the right to call you what you are: A loudmouth assclown with no real purpose in the world.

I'm done with this thread, as I really don't enjoy making weak-minded jackoffs like you feel bad about your lot in life.

Enjoy your turbo build.

baltsk8er69
08-24-2012, 02:14 PM
250hp???? Must be a factory freak.

Jay z28
08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, the trolls are out in force, now.

I guess the bolt-on LT1 guys stick together, because they're all here in one giant Gen II sausage fest.

So, to recap the the thread, an LS4 guys sells his car to get an LX. A douchenozzle LT1 guy comes in and says it's an upgrade, and cites a couple of fax and some fiction. Douchenozzle gets called out on some of his opinions, and then IT'S ON. Meanwhile, every jackass with an LT1 shows up to defend the honor of their 250 RWHP bolt-on F-bodies.

Sound about right?

If this happened on my site, I'd probably just ban all of these LT1 guys just for being morons.

And yes, marc, you are all nut-swingers. The LS4 may be at the bottom of the LS food-chain, but it's still a better motor than the LT1 is now.

Sure, back in the day, the LT1 was the shit...But that day was in the mid-90's. The only reason people own them now is because either (A) They've had one since it was new and they held onto it, or (B) They bought one because they couldn't afford to buy an LS1 car on their McDonald's salary.

This guy is priceless. Making fun of cars that are nearly 20 years old for putting down 250 whp when his "superior" LS4 is only putting down 275 fwhp. Sooo superior. :lol:

And just to clarify, a 250 rwhp bolt on LT1 would be a serious embarrassment. With a K&N drop in, Pacesetter LT's, 3" ORY and a 3" Magnaflow system I put down 290 through a 6 speed in my 95 Z28. Pretty sure that car would have walked your little LS4 with ease. :jest:

RedRocketZ28
08-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Whatever you say, Homer.

And you can talk whatever shit you like about GMLS4, but the fact is, it contributes in a big way to the LS4 community, which I'm sure is a lot more than your contribution of ZERO to the LS community.

Followers like you are hysterical. You troll into a section in which you have no interest, piss a bunch of people off, and then pretend like it's all on them. Glad it makes you feel better to put down other people's stuff in their own section, but I guess you need to find some way to cover your own inadequcies on the automotive world...And elsewhere.

The bottom line is, you add no value here, are not welcome here, and while you do have the right post whatever you like here, we also have the right to call you what you are: A loudmouth assclown with no real purpose in the world.

I'm done with this thread, as I really don't enjoy making weak-minded jackoffs like you feel bad about your lot in life.

Enjoy your turbo build.

Since when did I put down other people's stuff? In fact, I recall making the comment that I had nothing against the LS4 platform in general. Does it have it's flaws? Yes, but so does every car. I think I said that earlier too...

Yeah your site is a real big accomplishment. I have contributed plenty to the LS community, like you would have any idea otherwise anyway.

You are a real big man with the name calling too. Saying I have no lot in life? Wow someone wasn't loved when they were a kid. You honestly think what some douche bag on the internet thinks of me makes me feel bad? I could care less what you, or anyone else for that matter thinks of me. If you actually knew me, you would agree. But yes, my life has been a huge failure. I graduated college, was fortunate enough to play college baseball, work for a large company, own a house, three cars, and a boat. Only brought up the materialistic items since you took jabs at LT1 owners for being poor earlier.

FYI, I did have an interest in this thread. I wanted to see what the OP traded his car in for. Thanks for your concern though.

Also, I will enjoy my turbo build. It is something a buddy and I have been working on, in my garage, for a few months. The turbo kit was built in my garage, the motor was gone through in my garage, the installation of everything has been done in my garage. How is that for inadequacies?

Go back to your awesome site where you can control everything.

Ska8er69 dude, I called it. You know absolutely nothing about LT1 cars. Same with you LS1 Racing. 250 RWHP bolt-on LT1? Maybe one running on 7 cylinders. Like Jay said, that would be an embarrassment, similar to you and your awesome LS4 only site.

demonspeeder1
08-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I'll vouch for RedRocket, he's been pretty mellow about this whole deal.

As for the rest of you... Why, why, why, come in here and talk shit on a platform you obviously don't like. I mean, certainly you HAVE something better too do, right? Mow the lawn, brush your teeth, jerk off? Seriously, you can't defend that, I get you can post here, and this is 'merica, and the bill of privlages says you can. But let's talk a hypothetical situation for a sec... Suppose a bunch of Evo or Sti guys joined this site (Because they have too much time on there hands) they go in too your threads and start giving you shit because you bought American cars that are SUPPOSEDLY of inferior build quality. They bring up your shitty gas mileage, and making the same power as them on bigger motors, and blah, blah, blah. Or some Lamborghini guys sign up and call you all poor 'cause you can't afford one? You'd jump there shit. YOU would fucking flip. Well, that's what it's like when you come in here with your bullshit. Congrats, you have a Camaro, so does a bunch of other fucking people. How many LS4s do you see around? Not many. Not because there inferior (any car can be better with mods so that argument is moot, ya fucks) but because obviously the Camaro is the more popular model. And that's ok,it's all about what YOU want. That's the whole point of being an enthusiast, sure you could buy a Camaro and have a huge aftermarket and have a popular model, or buy something under the radar, that's unique and challenging. Too me, that's more fun then having something everyone else has. I can't blame LS4 guys for getting pissed, I mean shit, you come in here and talk down too us just because you think we don't belong. Fuck off. We don't go over too your section and start shit. So why? Other then the obvious sexual inadequacies, Why start shit?

And where the hell is the mod?

Jay z28
08-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Pretty sure the LS4 guys started this shit fest. One person mentioned that he was sorry for the OP's downgrade. Then shit hit the fan. Blame your own kind buddy.

demonspeeder1
08-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah, about the Charger, now it's turned into an LS vs.LS vs.Lt vs. whatever shit.

Pay attention.

Charger's out of the picture now.

Jay z28
08-24-2012, 05:26 PM
If that comment wouldn't hasn't been made, then this thread would have likely died with 19 posts and 2xx views like most other threads in the LS4 section.

DavidGXP
08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Its just a car. Put gas in it and go.
Problem solved!

Brian396
08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
What's this talk about a charger? And what the hell is a mod?

marc97taws6
08-24-2012, 09:44 PM

:lol: I know my account balances. One would also look at my sig and say - Hmm, perhaps he could afford an LS1 car. Or the 2 checks I just wrote paying for tuition in full for the semester and pre-paying the full semesters worth of rent. I'm a senior with $0 in student loans. You're right, my McDonald's salary makes it hard for me to afford things :eyes:

To clarify, I bought my old LT1 when I was 18 because it was my first RWD V8 car and I budgeted myself to $6k cash knowing college was coming up and wanted to pay for it in full. Sold it last year when I was 21

Some days I oddly enough kind of miss that POS :bomb:

As for the rest of you... Why, why, why, come in here and talk shit on a platform you obviously don't like.
I like the LS4 for what it is. A very capable motor in an affordable, cheap, front drive sedan. If it wasn't in such a horrible platform, (glass transmissions, FWD, etc.) it'd have a lot more potential. However, comparing it to a Charger is almost apples to oranges because the Charges are so much better and are a RWD platform. This is coming from a GM guy. Don't take so much offense to it. Sorry for pissing in everybody's cheerios ;)

MasterTomos
08-25-2012, 12:26 AM
I'll vouch for RedRocket, he's been pretty mellow about this whole deal.

As for the rest of you... Why, why, why, come in here and talk shit on a platform you obviously don't like. I mean, certainly you HAVE something better too do, right? Mow the lawn, brush your teeth, jerk off? Seriously, you can't defend that, I get you can post here, and this is 'merica, and the bill of privlages says you can. But let's talk a hypothetical situation for a sec... Suppose a bunch of Evo or Sti guys joined this site (Because they have too much time on there hands) they go in too your threads and start giving you shit because you bought American cars that are SUPPOSEDLY of inferior build quality. They bring up your shitty gas mileage, and making the same power as them on bigger motors, and blah, blah, blah. Or some Lamborghini guys sign up and call you all poor 'cause you can't afford one? You'd jump there shit. YOU would fucking flip. Well, that's what it's like when you come in here with your bullshit. Congrats, you have a Camaro, so does a bunch of other fucking people. How many LS4s do you see around? Not many. Not because there inferior (any car can be better with mods so that argument is moot, ya fucks) but because obviously the Camaro is the more popular model. And that's ok,it's all about what YOU want. That's the whole point of being an enthusiast, sure you could buy a Camaro and have a huge aftermarket and have a popular model, or buy something under the radar, that's unique and challenging. Too me, that's more fun then having something everyone else has. I can't blame LS4 guys for getting pissed, I mean shit, you come in here and talk down too us just because you think we don't belong. Fuck off. We don't go over too your section and start shit. So why? Other then the obvious sexual inadequacies, Why start shit?

And where the hell is the mod?

How often do you see clean, tasetfully modified LT1 cars? Not often at all, around here anyway. Around here, I see probably 5-10 LS4 cars a day without looking for them. Also, now you're claiming it's cool to be an underdog because it's unique? Shit, you'd love an LT1 car then! The aftermarket for these is not nearly what it is for the LS1 fbody's.

Again, I can't begin to understand you're whole high and mighty attitude when you've obviously got the spare time to sit around and call people names, and act like you're not doing the same exact thing as (most) everyone else in this thread. I have yet to call anybody a name, or be the first to insult anyone directly. These are sports sedans, nobody has ever said they were worthless, or didn't serve a purpose. But when people start comparing these to actual purpose built performance cars and name-calling and insulting people directly, THAT's what started the shit storm.

I really don't care if anyone talks shit about my car, because anyone who doesn't recognize the bang for the buck and potential of a 4th gen doesn't really understand performance cars anyway. This whole site revolves aroung these cars, there's 8 second drag cars, SCCA multi-time champions, 11 second street cars, world record holders, innovators and fabricators that have made a living off these cars, 200+ mph mojave mile cars beating bugatti's (literally), the list goes on. If someone has an obviously superior car, I'll give them that and won't be mad about it-there's always someone faster and I welcome competition (I have self esteem and relize how little it matters in the grand scheme of life). I won't start name calling and getting mad, because I'm an adult.

Sorry to those who got offended when I said the Charger was a better car. The facts are that it's within a few 10th's in the 1/4, it's a much bigger car, RWD, a sturdier platform all around (full frame car), with a better aftermarket support. Literally NONE of those things are opinion. If you don't accept fact, and need to resort to name calling and shit talking like high school street racers, you're going to get treated like it.

My original intentions were to congratulate OP, and let him know he made a wise choice in my opinion. Sorry all of you guys felt the need to disagree and start talking shit.

Brian396
08-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I have no idea why these threads make me giggle, I must be almost as mature as my kids? I had to go back to the beginning to see where this started.

What a dick.

I laughed a little when I read this, I had hunch it was heading this way.

I'm goin do my part to make this thread epic.

Brian396
08-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Aleros suck

RedRocketZ28
08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Brian, my Alero would walk all over your boosted LS4 any day!

BlackImpSS
08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
You must have a lt1 swapped alero...haha I had too

demonspeeder1
08-25-2012, 02:13 PM
How often do you see clean, tasetfully modified LT1 cars? Not often at all, around here anyway. Around here, I see probably 5-10 LS4 cars a day without looking for them. Also, now you're claiming it's cool to be an underdog because it's unique? Shit, you'd love an LT1 car then! The aftermarket for these is not nearly what it is for the LS1 fbody's.

Again, I can't begin to understand you're whole high and mighty attitude when you've obviously got the spare time to sit around and call people names, and act like you're not doing the same exact thing as (most) everyone else in this thread. I have yet to call anybody a name, or be the first to insult anyone directly. These are sports sedans, nobody has ever said they were worthless, or didn't serve a purpose. But when people start comparing these to actual purpose built performance cars and name-calling and insulting people directly, THAT's what started the shit storm.

I really don't care if anyone talks shit about my car, because anyone who doesn't recognize the bang for the buck and potential of a 4th gen doesn't really understand performance cars anyway. This whole site revolves aroung these cars, there's 8 second drag cars, SCCA multi-time champions, 11 second street cars, world record holders, innovators and fabricators that have made a living off these cars, 200+ mph mojave mile cars beating bugatti's (literally), the list goes on. If someone has an obviously superior car, I'll give them that and won't be mad about it-there's always someone faster and I welcome competition (I have self esteem and relize how little it matters in the grand scheme of life). I won't start name calling and getting mad, because I'm an adult.

Sorry to those who got offended when I said the Charger was a better car. The facts are that it's within a few 10th's in the 1/4, it's a much bigger car, RWD, a sturdier platform all around (full frame car), with a better aftermarket support. Literally NONE of those things are opinion. If you don't accept fact, and need to resort to name calling and shit talking like high school street racers, you're going to get treated like it.

My original intentions were to congratulate OP, and let him know he made a wise choice in my opinion. Sorry all of you guys felt the need to disagree and start talking shit.

Nah, most of the Lt1 cars I see are rusted out shit boxes driven by 18 year old kids who bought them for 600 bucks and think they're better then everyone because they have a Camaro. (Hmm) As far as my "high and mighty attitude", you could be right, or it could be because every now and then one of you guys wanders over into this board and feels the need to take a stab at our cars and it gets really annoying, Also, "Purpose-built" is subjective. What's the purpose? Performance? Also subjective. What exactly are the standards here? Oh! I know! Purely based on opinion. You want "purpose-built", tack on another 200-300 thousand dollars on your sticker price and buy something preferably Italian. Before I go too far, like you did with the Mojave mile cars, I'll come back and remind you that we're talking about street cars, daily drivers, A to B cars. If that's what you meant by purpose built then, yeah, an LS4 car is going to take a shit load of money to make it that. BUT it is possible. Not preferable, but possible. And finally, congrats on the self esteem. I didn't realize I was lacking it! I thought I had a good handle on it being 22 with my whole life ahead of me still, going to college for something I love, having my own place, and car, and just generally having done more with my life already then 90% of my peers, or hell, most people in there 40s! Damnit, I suck!

Here's my point: I don't care about the Charger, I don't care about your lt1/ls1/ls6/whatever. I don't care about how cool you think you are. My entire point is that YOU guys come in here and give us shit, for no reason. And it's finally come to a head. I mean, we might as well throw on a Mustang section so we ALL can be told we bought pieces of shit. I just don't feel the need too insult somebody because of there preference in vehicle choice. That message went too everyone. I was leaning a little more in favor of the LS4 guys because we do put up with shit from the rest of 'tech. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm done arguing with people. It's pointless, I mean, a farmer doesn't bother telling a pig his breath smells like shit, right?

Cheers.

MasterTomos
08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Nah, most of the Lt1 cars I see are rusted out shit boxes driven by 18 year old kids who bought them for 600 bucks and think they're better then everyone because they have a Camaro. (Hmm) As far as my "high and mighty attitude", you could be right, or it could be because every now and then one of you guys wanders over into this board and feels the need to take a stab at our cars and it gets really annoying, Also, "Purpose-built" is subjective. What's the purpose? Performance? Also subjective. What exactly are the standards here? Oh! I know! Purely based on opinion. You want "purpose-built", tack on another 200-300 thousand dollars on your sticker price and buy something preferably Italian. Before I go too far, like you did with the Mojave mile cars, I'll come back and remind you that we're talking about street cars, daily drivers, A to B cars. If that's what you meant by purpose built then, yeah, an LS4 car is going to take a shit load of money to make it that. BUT it is possible. Not preferable, but possible. And finally, congrats on the self esteem. I didn't realize I was lacking it! I thought I had a good handle on it being 22 with my whole life ahead of me still, going to college for something I love, having my own place, and car, and just generally having done more with my life already then 90% of my peers, or hell, most people in there 40s! Damnit, I suck!

Here's my point: I don't care about the Charger, I don't care about your lt1/ls1/ls6/whatever. I don't care about how cool you think you are. My entire point is that YOU guys come in here and give us shit, for no reason. And it's finally come to a head. I mean, we might as well throw on a Mustang section so we ALL can be told we bought pieces of shit. I just don't feel the need too insult somebody because of there preference in vehicle choice. That message went too everyone. I was leaning a little more in favor of the LS4 guys because we do put up with shit from the rest of 'tech. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm done arguing with people. It's pointless, I mean, a farmer doesn't bother telling a pig his breath smells like shit, right?

Cheers.

There actually is a guy on here (can't remember his screen name) that has a matte green camaro with a stroker motor that he pretty much built himself. Young guy too. He posted up a video not long ago of him running it in the Mojave Mile and beating a Bugatti. 408 Stroker/Turbo I believe. I'm not saying it's common, I'm saying it's one of many accomplishments that have been done with these cars.

It's cool and all that you have those things at 22 years old when many people don't, but we probably shouldn't get into that contest.

Aleros suck

How fucking dare you...you don't even own one, how do you know they suck? :lol:

1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
08-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Second best thread in the LS4 section since Bama introduce himself as the new moderator !!!

LS1 Racing
08-27-2012, 09:06 PM
There actually is a guy on here (can't remember his screen name) that has a matte green camaro with a stroker motor that he pretty much built himself. Young guy too. He posted up a video not long ago of him running it in the Mojave Mile and beating a Bugatti. 408 Stroker/Turbo I believe. I'm not saying it's common, I'm saying it's one of many accomplishments that have been done with these cars.

It's cool and all that you have those things at 22 years old when many people don't, but we probably shouldn't get into that contest.

That's Josh, it's an LQ4 based-motor, and I know him personally. He's brilliant and very humble.

You'd never catch him trolling in a forum not related to his interests.