Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bazooka Sub wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bazooka Sub wiring

I bought the Bazooka's from KeeAudio a while ago and got them all connected, but I'm wondering if something has happened since I installed them. I haven't had a chance to check, but here's what I'm wondering. I didn't solder the wires to the speakers, I only used connectors on the ends of the pig tails to connect to the speakers. What I'm wondering is if one or two of the connecters came off the sub, will it still produce sound with only one set of wires connected to it? The reason I ask, is because they sound decent, but just don't seem to hit all that hard. It also seems like when I turn the volume up loud, they don't bump very loud at all. Almost sounds louder when the volume is down. I need to pull them back out, but it was a PITA to get them in and screwed down. I'm hoping I can even get them out as the screws were quite tight when putting them in. I hope I didn't strip it out.

So is it possible for the speaker to produce sound with only one set of the pigtails connected? Thanks for the help!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lopezzi
So is it possible for the speaker to produce sound with only one set of the pigtails connected? Thanks for the help!
Yes, on a Pontiac you would only be driving one of the two voice coils with a single amp channel, so effectively you'd be pushing it with half power.

Quick Reply: Bazooka Sub wiring