Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello there!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello there!

Hey guys! My name is Justin and I'm 22 years old and I just recently bought my 4th F-Body car which happens to be an LS1 so thats why I'm here. Previously I owned a 1986 Camaro Z28 (Sold), 1988 Trans Am GTA (Sold - never could get it to run properly), a 1993 Camaro Z28 (Totaled by a driver who rear-ended me and sold), and now I own a 1998 Camaro SS which I'm in love with.

The car came with a few things done: Pacesetter Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth 1's, 3.73 Richmond gears, and an SLP Underdrive pulley.

Since I've bought it about month ago I've done: SLP Cold air intake, new black housing headlights, black housing turn signal lights and side markers (on the way), blacked out tail light and 3rd brake light (vinyl tint on the way), SLP Fan switch, new head unit with SiriusXM (gotta be able to listen to Octane in this thing haha), and a few other minor things.

The previous owner told me he ran it at the track and it ran a 12.46, without a tune and I've yet to have it tuned because it's hard to find someone who knows that they're doing with a 98 PCM.

You'll see me asking a lot of questions because just as I got really familiar with my LT1, it got totaled and I used it as an opportunity to buy something even faster

A little more about me: I'm from a small town on Maryland's Eastern Shore, but I grew up near the Annapolis area. Cars are big in my area (Mustangs in particular, you don't see many nice Camaro's/Trans Ams like mine around here) . I'm trying to teach the Ford guy's around here a little respect for some Chevy power. I like anything to do with technology and I like going fishing in my spare time too. I work for Verizon Wireless as a Sales Associate.

Hope you guys can help me with my questions and I'll do my best to use my knowledge to help you with yours.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome to the site!