Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel leaking, what is this...? Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel leaking, what is this...? Need help.

Car ran out of gas on the way home last night, drove it again today, and noticed a pool of fuel coming out from beneath the car. This is where it's coming from, and I have no idea what it's supposed to go to/do. I bought nipples to cover it, but they do not fit, so I am going to go buy a hose after work. What does this go to, and how can I fix it? I think it's the reason my car is running like crap too, it runs incredibly lean, really poppy out the exhaust and when you press the pedal, doesn't really wanna go anywhere. Thanks!! Stranded at work until I get this fixed..not driving a car with fuel leaking out, =)

First pic is the leak, and in the second pic, the part that leaks - which is just above the rear diff under the car, right above where the driver side axle tube welds into the diff casing.

EDIT: after looking at it, it looks like it might be part of the fuel return? If that's so, isn't it supposed to be attached to the tank somehow? I found a loose hose next to it, but it wouldn't stretch far enough to reach the leaking end. Does the gas tank have a breather line? If not, this is probably the hose that went to that end...but I just don't know, any clarity would be great.

Fuel leaking, what is this...? Need help.-lsrcol.jpg
Fuel leaking, what is this...? Need help.-m3uodl.jpg

Last edited by mrdreex; 08-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Every time I turn the car on, it pisses fuel out. I think it's the return line. I can't find any diagrams on the internet to tell me what is supposed to go there, but I did notice there is a plastic fitting attached to the same bracket off to the side, that is missing the hose portion. Any help to make sense of this would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

bump...
Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My stock system is completely gone so I can't go look at mine and tell you what it is. But you can locate the fuel filter and follow it back and see if it meets there. If it does, then it's the feed. If not, then like you said, it's the return.