General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Strange vibration....help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange vibration....help

I am dealing with a vibration in my 95 z28. The vibration starts at 50mph and gets worse the faster you go. Here is the strange part....when I drive to work in the morning the vibration is very subtle, its there but not bad at all. Now when I drive home in the late afternoon and the car has sat in the florida heat for 10 hours the vibration is much worse....i dont get it. The vibration is felt in the steering wheel, seat, under my feet, and in the gas pedal. I have changed the inner/outer tie rods and replaced the pads and rotors. This helped a little and my steering is tighter however the vibration is still there. I have not had the car aligned yet as I plan on doing some other suspension work. Could this be my tires out of balance? Could the heat of the day be causing the tires to heat up and expand and make the vibration worse? Any advise is appreciated. thanks.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tires would be the first thing I checked.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's your tires, however when you replace the tie rods you are immediately suppose to get an alignment. I would take it in for an alignment and to have your front tires balanced