Cadillac CTS-V - 422 RWHP / 383 RWTQ - Dyno Tune @ Slowhawk - Results!

FuzzyLog1c
08-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Just got back from my dyno tuning session at Slowhawk Performance in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Don Kinder has an excellent reputation amongst the Corvette community and turned out to be a badass CTS-V tuner.

Despite the miserable weather (87F and 97% humidity), my 90 mile cruise back from his shop was one of my best drives, ever. One of Don's specialities, beyond coaxing power from LSx motors, is getting them to idle nicely. Believe it or not, my car idles more smoothly than it did before the cam installation. He also corrected several significant mistakes that Ted Jannetty (of Jannetty Racing in Waterbury, CT) made when tuning my engine.

Another thing that Don did differently was that he gave me an honest-to-goodness 30 minute real-world test drive, both with A/C on and off. Janetty just threw the car on the dyno and called it a day. On top of that, Don charged me $450, whereas Janetty charged me nearly $800.

Although it's almost futile to try to compare Janetty's non-SAE corrected Dynojet numbers with Slowhawk's SAE corrected Mustang numbers, here it is:

2011 @ Jannetty Racing (intake, OBX headers, clutch, exhaust)
370 RWHP / 361 RWTQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZRZs7xfX8(dyno sheet not available)

2012 @ Slowhawk Performance (+cam, +ported LS2 intake, +IAT relocate)
422 RWHP / 383 RWTQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raatcqozJ5k(the above video is available on Youtube in 1080p @ 60fps)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/CTS-V/SlowhawkDynoGraphSMALL.jpg

The IAT relocate that I did (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/265836-iat-relocate-parts.html#post3047923) worked pretty damn well. Average temperature rise over ambient in the Lingenfelter airbox in casual driving conditions was +6 degrees (e.g. if ambient was 87F, IAT pulled from the ECU was 93F). During extended stops, I saw +18F. So heatsoak is still an issue, but not as bad as it was before.

Don gave me a couple of homework assignments to carry out in the next couple of weeks. First up, I'm installing a 160 degree thermostat. Second, he thinks the Volant intake tube that I've got is very restrictive. I'm to replace it with 4" pipe. Third, he believes that based on my driving style (more of an autocross application) that a Procharger D-1SC would be far more appropriate than a TVS2300, due to it's less abrupt power/torque characteristics. If that's the case, I guess I'll also have to spring for a FAST 102 and sell my newly-ported LS2 intake manifold. Curses!

Anyway, I'm very pleased. This fall, I'm going to be concentrating on getting my aesthetic mods installed (Forgestar F14s, Extreme Composites hood, refinished front bumper, projector fogs, dual halo headlamps, etc). Poor engine needs a rest, anyway.

If you have any questions, let me know! I'm still getting 13-15 MPG in aggressive mixed urban driving and 23-27 MPG on the highway. Idle is set to 850 RPM. To recap: this CTS-V has a stock 364 CID LS2 motor with unported 243 cathedral heads, blower cam, and a bunch of bolt-ons (see below):

1. Lingenfelter airbox / Volant intake tube / S&B filter
2. Relocated IAT sensor to filter (6-10 degree temperature rise over ambient)
3. Ported/polished LS2 throttle body by Affordable Speed in Woodstock, IL
4. Ported LS2 intake manifold by LS2 Port Works in Poulsbo, WA
5. Thunder Racing TRuTorq L3 cam 223/236 .612/.610 115 LSA
6. 7.425" Comp hardened pushrods, Comp 26926 470 in-lb valvesprings
7. Comp LS-series rocker trunnion upgrade kit
8. ATI Serpentine Series SuperDamper
9. GM LS7 clutch and aluminum 13 lb Fidanza flywheel
10. OBX 1-7/8" stainless steel headers (DEI wrapped)
11. Kooks 6760-FC high flow cats
12. Magnaflow 16637 2.5" catback exhaust with X-pipe
13. NGK Iridium TR55IX plugs, MSD 8.5mm wires

Fluid list:
- 7 quarts of Redline 15W-40 diesel oil in the engine
- 3 quarts of Redline D4 ATF and 1 quart 70W80 GL-4 in the transmission
- 2 quarts of Redline 75W140 in the differential

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/CTS-V/DSC00027_SMALL.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/CTS-V/DSC00043_SMALL.jpg

dudesweet
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Nice numbers! Can't wait to see what happens with the blower...and the new wheels, of course.

blkssny
08-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Very nice #s! I'll take the ported intake when you're ready. It seems like it must be working b/c I have an LS9 cam, 4" intake with an LS7 MAF and kooks 1&3/4 with a 3" cat-back and only made 389whp on a mustang dyno.
I had the LS2portworks intake on my trailblazer SS and picked up a few ponies, so I know it works well....

dudesweet
08-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Side note...depending on when you're ready to upgrade that intake, I'll probably sell my FAST late his year. Maybe. Probably.

Skidmarcx
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Grats on the new results! I know what it's like to have a bogus tune... That's the first thing I did when I bought my car and got better numbers right away

wcryan
08-10-2012, 07:28 PM
of course the LS2 throwin down big numbers : )

DMM
08-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Excellent cam choice. Who recommended it? Solid numbers and I bet it drives awesome.

FuzzyLog1c
08-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Excellent cam choice. Who recommended it? Solid numbers and I bet it drives awesome.

Shane at Thunder Racing. This is one of his custom Comp Cams grinds. Very controllable due to a nearly flat torque curve and steady horsepower ramp rate. You should be able to hear that in the dyno pull. It's almost . . . boring. :eyes: I talked to him for two hours on the phone before making a parts selection. When I go down for a D-1SC, I'll consider replacing this cam with the next step up--the L5. Probably do a high-flow pump and a C5-R chain too. Cam comparison:

TRuTorq L3: 223/236 .612/.610 115 LSA
TRuTorq L5: 227/239 .614/.621 115 LSA

Word to the wise: while Shane is very personable and a technical powerhouse, Thunder Racing is VERY unreliable. They're literally infamous from coast to coast for their poor business practices. Do not buy from Thunder Racing unless you have to. My $2,500 order took them 3+ months to fulfill and I probably would still be waiting if it wasn't for the fact that I bugged the living crap out of them.

NeverSatisfied02
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Nice numbers! Hurry up and get those wheels in and installed so u can not like them and sell them to me... Lol

Fuzzy_Wuzzy
08-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Its good to see your results, the mods you have now are where i would like to end up with a few years from now. I think if I can break 400 rwhp I will be happy enough.

DACTARI
08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Awesome numbers man. I was looking at the trutorq L5-- will look at it more seriously now. From what you're saying, I guess the way to go would be to order the cam from TR, but the supporting mods from elsewhere.

01_SuperSlow
08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Nice numbers for cam only and on a mustang dyno too. :)

It must be that diesel oil! :P

RADEoN
08-10-2012, 09:59 PM
those are good numbers, especially for stock, unmolested 243's.

DACTARI
08-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Let us know where you source the 4" intake pipe and connectors. I'm looking at doing that too.

Onefast V
08-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Its good to see your results, the mods you have now are where i would like to end up with a few years from now. I think if I can break 400 rwhp I will be happy enough.

It always starts that way.... and then next thing you know your buying a supercharger....:cool:

FuzzyLog1c
08-10-2012, 10:36 PM
It always starts that way.... and then next thing you know your buying a supercharger....:cool:

Absolutely. I doubt I'll be happy until I reach 600 RWHP or grenade the differential. Whichever comes first.

soulja
08-11-2012, 05:37 AM
I totally agree about their business practices. I had to file a paypal dispute against them jn order to get the tracking info on my fuel pump and harness. Nasty Performance is even worse in business practice, same situation with them to.

Dmax/04V
08-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Absolutely. I doubt I'll be happy until I reach 600 RWHP or grenade the differential. Whichever comes first.

I thought so too with my truck, but alas 600 wasn't enough. I then went to 750, I am currently planning how to get to 1000 RWHP. It's never enough until you have the power to reverse the earths rotation. Great numbers with your setup, let us know how that 4'' intake works out.

Nasty N8
08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Wait a minute how did I get dragged into this? You did a PayPal despute 3 days after ordering plug wires? Clearly states on the site that it can takes few days to ship them.

Nasty N8
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
By the way Don does amazing work and a great guy. Glad you had a good experience.

FuzzyLog1c
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
By the way, did anyone see the picture of my CTS-V with the yellow microfiber cloth on the fender and think that the juxtaposition of colors looked cool? If I wasn't such a wuss, I might ask someone to paint a double yellow stripe up the fender and across the hood. Of course, if I did that, I'd also have to get my calipers powdercoated the same yellow hue. At that point, I'd probably be hundreds of dollars in the hole.

Maybe I can find some kind of removable self-adhesive tape to mock it up on the car and see how it looks.

STAGEUP
08-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds about right for a cammed LS2

FuzzyLog1c
08-11-2012, 11:53 AM
By the way Don does amazing work and a great guy. Glad you had a good experience.

If I bought a FAST 102 from you, would you throw in a half dozen Lou Malnati's pizzas? I moved from Barrington IL (corner of Lake-Cook and Quentin) after graduating from UIUC with a BSEE in 2010. Eventually want to move back there.

mac62989
08-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I always hear great things about Don and Slowhawk. Where you at in CT?

FuzzyLog1c
08-11-2012, 01:08 PM
I always hear great things about Don and Slowhawk. Where you at in CT?

Groton. Right on the coast.

senicalj4579
08-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Groton. Right on the coast.

I may have seen your car around the past couple weeks. Im doing some sheetmetal work at Grasso tech.
Nice setup. I just had Don do h c i 3.73 a few weeks ago :cheers:

punishmentcycle
08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Yellow plasti dip will give u an idea how the stripes will lool

FuzzyLog1c
08-11-2012, 02:03 PM
I may have seen your car around the past couple weeks. Im doing some sheetmetal work at Grasso tech.
Nice setup. I just had Don do h c i 3.73 a few weeks ago :cheers:

Wow--Grasso is right near where I work in New London. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a silver Camaro. If you saw me in the last couple of weeks, you probably also saw me trying to keep the car alive, post-cam, pre-tune.

senicalj4579
08-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Wow--Grasso is right near where I work in New London. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a silver Camaro. If you saw me in the last couple of weeks, you probably also saw me trying to keep the car alive, post-cam, pre-tune.

Ummm excuse me sir but its pewter lol
I only drove my car there only a few times out of a month there. Usually driving my tan civic.
Is Janetty really that bad? What exactly did he make a mistake on?

FuzzyLog1c
08-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Ummm excuse me sir but its pewter lol
I only drove my car there only a few times out of a month there. Usually driving my tan civic.
Is Janetty really that bad? What exactly did he make a mistake on?

You'd have to ask Don for all of the details, but from what I could gather, the timing tables were messed up for several reasons. Apparently, Janetty's base tune has some fundamental bugs including a bad max torque value that other variables rely on.

Jannetty advanced timing way too much--a common mistake when you have a DynoJet that can't simulate vehicle loading and you don't do in-vehicle data logging/tuning to compensate. Don showed me by running my car at about 21 and 26 degrees of timing advance. On the latter, I lost about 10 RWHP. More timing does not necessarily mean more power.

Finally, Janetty shut off all of my misfire sensors and increased the rev limiter to 7000 RPM. Bad idea on a stock motor. In retrospect, that's probably the only reason why I was able to put this cam in the car without dropping into reduced power mode. At least they installed the exhaust bung in the right place.

That's about all I can say. I wish Don were here to answer your question--I probably made a mess of all of this.

Vness
08-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Nice numbers. I had Don tune my maggied V also and thought he did a good job. Mine drives and idles like stock too! He's a cool guy that knows his shit.

BudRacing
08-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Great numbers man. I wish I could have been as hands-on with my tuning, but I dropped it off before work one day.

FuzzyLog1c
08-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Figured I'd throw a quick update in here. I think I owe you guys an in-car video to show the throttle response with the cam, but I've been having trouble isolating my CruiseCam mount from the Sony A65 microphone. Might have to buy an external shotgun microphone.

Now that the car is tuned, the lopey cam sound is almost entirely gone. I think this makes the TRuTorq L3 cam a prime choice for anyone who wants the biggest cam they can get without deviating too far from that stock rumble.

Short walkaround in 1080p below. Should have a much fuller set of pictures and video come Labor Day weekend. Maybe I'll even put the Forgestar F14s on--or maybe angry forum users wanting piano black pictures will tar and feather me--who knows??! :eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLiIrXlFjQk

senicalj4579
08-29-2012, 07:56 AM
hey that sounds great man. You still have stock heads right? I wish my valvetrain was quiet like that. Mine is louder than hell.

FuzzyLog1c
08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
hey that sounds great man. You still have stock heads right? I wish my valvetrain was quiet like that. Mine is louder than hell.

Correct--stock heads.

It's possible that you have insufficient preload on your lifters--that might explain the noise. Otherwise, you might want to look into an improved hood liner.

senicalj4579
08-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Don says these valves in my tea heads make some good noise so im going with that lol. It dosent seem as loud as it used to.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing more of your vids! If I could get my hands on a decent camera I would post some.

punishmentcycle
08-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Correct--stock heads.

It's possible that you have insufficient preload on your lifters--that might explain the noise. Otherwise, you might want to look into an improved hood liner.

bring ur car up for some runs this weekend. i have a few cars in ur power range that will be good races.. including a newer boss302

JANNETTYRACING
05-01-2013, 11:09 AM
You'd have to ask Don for all of the details, but from what I could gather, the timing tables were messed up for several reasons. Apparently, Janetty's base tune has some fundamental bugs including a bad max torque value that other variables rely on.

Jannetty advanced timing way too much--a common mistake when you have a DynoJet that can't simulate vehicle loading and you don't do in-vehicle data logging/tuning to compensate. Don showed me by running my car at about 21 and 26 degrees of timing advance. On the latter, I lost about 10 RWHP. More timing does not necessarily mean more power.

Finally, Janetty shut off all of my misfire sensors and increased the rev limiter to 7000 RPM. Bad idea on a stock motor. In retrospect, that's probably the only reason why I was able to put this cam in the car without dropping into reduced power mode. At least they installed the exhaust bung in the right place.

That's about all I can say. I wish Don were here to answer your question--I probably made a mess of all of this.

Ryan if your going to spread Lies you better have your Facts Straight.

First I did NOT advance your timing At all your timing Map is Stock for a basically stock car with headers, I did a full Maf calibration, Torque management, speed limiter and rev limiter adjustments, fan settings, skip shift, codes for headers, Rev limiter is set at 6800 which is only 200 over stock Normal for this type of tune.

Everything was logged and No Knock retard was recorded, 370 RWHP is Pretty impressive for an LS2 with Headers and a CAI.

Tune files are here for all to see and compare JRE to Stock http://www.jannettyracing.com/RYANSTEINDELJRE.hpt
http://www.jannettyracing.com/RYANSTEINDEL.hpt

Secondly your Dyno tune did not cost 800.00 Dollars, Your Total Bill was 639.06 which included, 100.00 for HPtuner licensing, an O2 Bung and Plug, Welded in your exhaust for AFR Readings 20.09, Repairing your Chassis brace that was hitting your headers, and fixing a vacuum leak 75.00, the Dyno Tune 400.00 and CT Sales Tax 38.16

It is Not often I refuse to work with someone but you are So difficult I chose not to work with your ever again, If your Mad find another way to deal with it than Spread Lies.

You were treated Nothing but professionally when you were here back in 7/2011

If anyone wants to know Ryan installed his own clutch and mismatched clutch parts, When my mechanic first got in the car to bring it in the bay to weld the O2 bung in and fix the chassis brace, He immediately reported the Clutch did not work right, I reported this to you and you said it is fine, When my other Tech put the car on the dyno reported the clutch does not feel right it won't go in gear, I told you and you said it needs to break in, I disagreed, When I was on the dyno with the Car I again told you there is something wrong with your clutch and you told me it's fine just might have to bleed it one more time, I disagreed.

I did not want to drive the car with the clutch like this I had to start the car in gear to prevent Harsh engagement, and did not feel a road test for such a simple tune was necessary.

After everything was done and you drove out of here, you came back like a Raving maniac Accusing us of doing something to your clutch which is totally absurd!!!

I even offered to Bleed your clutch for you and did so at NO CHARGE to no avail, I explained that you had the wrong parts on the car and you refused to listen to a 35 Year Tech and insisted we did something to your clutch and threatened to charge back your credit car and left here like a complete Fool.

By the Way you were so Happy with your JRE tune that you contacted me and told me so, then asked If I would be willing to tune again for a cam you would be installing.

I don't need this kind of Drama, So when you asked me to Retune your car for the cam, I thought about it, Pretty hard and after talking it over with my Staff We all Agreed Your a Customer JRE does not Want or need.

Sorry it has to be this way, Look at it this way your only 1 of 4 people in 27 years in business that I have asked not to return so your Famous around here.

Ted.

MN_V
05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Oh so there was a vacuum leak causing his car to run shitty after he put on his CAI. A lot of people were saying to look for that or spark issues but he claimed it only needed a tune and that it was fixed "after the tune."

FuzzyLog1c
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh so there was a vacuum leak causing his car to run shitty after he put on his CAI. A lot of people were saying to look for that or spark issues but he claimed it only needed a tune and that it was fixed "after the tune."

I didn't have a vacuum leak. One of his shop guys didn't like my PCV nipple and replaced it with something he had on hand (without asking, by the way). Janetty is in no position to speak authoritatively on this subject because he didn't see the before/after on the impromptu mod. He busy inside making me and another couple stand around and wait while he posted on forums online and ordered out food for a couple of hours.

That 10 AM tune appointment turned into a fiasco as he botched the couple's Corvette tune, blamed it on their NGK TR-6 plugs, charged them several hundred dollars to acquire stock plugs from a local dealership, and ultimately still couldn't diagnose/fix the problem. The shop contained 100% irritated/unhappy customers by the end of that evening. Ted made a great big scene, screaming outside of his shop when I brought the car back while his wrench monkeys sneakily tried to send me on my way by greasing my shifter linkage. Professional, my ass.

If anyone thinks that reading me pick apart Janetty's recollection of the facts would be educational, let me know. Otherwise, I think the facts are pretty well-known, and I don't particularly feel the need to argue this out with him for the third or fourth time.

By the way, I don't have HP Tuners, so I can't read that file, but I believe that my rev limiter was set to 7,000 because a) Janetty told me he set it there and b) I hit it a half-dozen times. Everything else regarding the tune (like the knock sensors that were disabled) is based on Slowhawk's diagnosis. It's not worth starting a war between two shops, but it would be interesting to get the backup from Slowhawk and compare it against that file for authenticity.

MN_V
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I see. I was also victim to a near invisible vacuum leak on a CAI I put on a car that caused me issue for a bit so that was always my assumption.

FuzzyLog1c
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I see. I was also victim to a near invisible vacuum leak on a CAI I put on a car that caused me issue for a bit so that was always my assumption.

It's probably one of the most common mistakes for a novice to make. My original nipple on that tube used RTV as a sealant. Janetty's guy used a much stronger epoxy--the only problem was that it was brittle and ultimately cracked after a couple of months. Eventually, I just up and replaced the whole deal with a different tube and -AN pipe fittings that link up to my Mike Norris Catch can.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/CTS-V/DSC00266_zps6718e83e.jpg

JANNETTYRACING
05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I didn't have a vacuum leak. One of his shop guys didn't like my PCV nipple and replaced it with something he had on hand (without asking, by the way). Janetty is in no position to speak authoritatively on this subject because he didn't see the before/after on the impromptu mod. He busy inside making me and another couple stand around and wait while he posted on forums online and ordered out food for a couple of hours.

That 10 AM tune appointment turned into a fiasco as he botched the couple's Corvette tune, blamed it on their NGK TR-6 plugs, charged them several hundred dollars to acquire stock plugs from a local dealership, and ultimately still couldn't diagnose/fix the problem. The shop contained 100% irritated/unhappy customers by the end of that evening. Ted made a great big scene, screaming outside of his shop when I brought the car back while his wrench monkeys sneakily tried to send me on my way by greasing my shifter linkage. Professional, my ass.

If anyone thinks that reading me pick apart Janetty's recollection of the facts would be educational, let me know. Otherwise, I think the facts are pretty well-known, and I don't particularly feel the need to argue this out with him for the third or fourth time.

By the way, I don't have HP Tuners, so I can't read that file, but I believe that my rev limiter was set to 7,000 because a) Janetty told me he set it there and b) I hit it a half-dozen times. Everything else regarding the tune (like the knock sensors that were disabled) is based on Slowhawk's diagnosis. It's not worth starting a war between two shops, but it would be interesting to get the backup from Slowhawk and compare it against that file for authenticity.

You live in a Delusional World, More Lies, as that couple Loves what we do for them and are here in a regular basis.

In Fact he just stopped by and ordered a Supercharger for his Vette, and Asked if we ever heard from that Crazy guy who blamed us for the clutch he installed himself. LOL.

They're exact quote to me What the hell is Wrong with that Kid, He is Out of His Mind!!!!!!

You See, Once your Caught in a Lie, Your no longer a reliable source for information about anyone or anything so your Credibility is in the Trash.

The file is there for all to see so help your self, Little boy.

Remember, Your 1 of only 4 We refused to work for so your Famous. Your Mad and this is your Little way of getting back at me Telling Lies!!!! Childish at best.

DACTARI
05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

LAYGO
05-01-2013, 03:00 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

LMAO, I wasn't going to post this image, but I had the same idea! ;) That image is hilarious . . .

Forcfed93
05-01-2013, 03:04 PM
You live in a Delusional World, More Lies, as that couple Loves what we do for them and are here in a regular basis.

They're exact quote to me

You See, Once your Caught in a Lie, Your no longer a reliable source for information about anyone or anything so your Credibility is in the Trash.

The file is there for all to see so help your self, Little boy.

Remember, Your 1 of only 4 We refused to work for so your Famous. Your Mad and this is your Little way of getting back at me Telling Lies!!!! Childish at best.

I have nothing to add other than the fact that your typing/grammar alone throws your credibility in the trash. Once you're able to correct that, more people would take you seriously.

And your tactics of attacking a paying customer are extremely unprofessional regardless of the circumstances.

JANNETTYRACING
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I have nothing to add other than the fact that your typing/grammar alone throws your credibility in the trash. Once you're able to correct that, more people would take you seriously.

And your tactics of attacking a paying customer are extremely unprofessional regardless of the circumstances.

Not attacking, I and defending against Lies, told about My Livelihood that feeds my family and supports 9 employees to support they're families.

Ted.

DACTARI
05-01-2013, 03:22 PM

I like Fuzzy, but by the same token, if he calls out a vendor, he should expect to be challenged. Like Jannetty said, his reputation was attacked on the internet, and it will sit here until the internet dies. Also, it's a total red herring to go after someone's spelling. I don't expect car guys to have impeccable grammar or spelling.

Forcfed93
05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
I like Fuzzy, but by the same token, if he calls out a vendor, he should expect to be challenged. Like Jannetty said, his reputation was attacked on the internet, and it will sit here until the internet dies. Also, it's a total red herring to go after someone's spelling. I don't expect car guys to have impeccable grammar or spelling.

Have you ever opened up HP Tuners? I have and let me tell you something, if you can't get the hang of basic spelling and grammar, I wouldn't trust you to mess with the tons of data and tables when dealing with the cars tune.

It's not the same as changing jets and turning a few screws on a carburetor. To each their own, but that's my opinion. Everyone reputable I've talked to about tuning (locally at least) has always seemed to be very well educated, not an old school racer that can read a plug easier than a book.

ryridesmotox
05-01-2013, 03:55 PM
I have HP tuners. I have messed with my cars using it. You don't need outstanding grammar to use it. The numbers/tables don't care what your grammar is like, as long as you put the right numbers in. I think it is easier than tuning carbs. I have done a 55 Chevy pick up with a SBC and a 500cfm holley and that was a huge pain when adjusting for altitudes after movingfrom a few thousand feet to sea level.

I'm not taking any side here, I'm just offering my 2 cents. Having done both I prefer using HP over the 'simplicity' of a carb, which can be anything but simple.

lsxcamaroz
05-01-2013, 09:59 PM

Where do people get the idea that if someone does not have "proper grammer" they are not smart? I'll take someone with real world experience over your pansy azz anydays ya puke cause I gives no fuxs azztard :swing: :wrist: :supergay: :wave-fing

itsslow98
05-01-2013, 11:16 PM
I like Fuzzy, but by the same token, if he calls out a vendor, he should expect to be challenged.

I agree, there are 3 sides to every story.

ColeGraham
05-01-2013, 11:48 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaTYVxQD0irHKmqntaSHTHjc0_fbqqQ 7VCgWAmQT5kqitGyEM0LA

I wonder what Fuzzy is searching Google for now to prove his point. Internet Warrior AWAY!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aXKVMp4dYhg/Ta9-ghvpLbI/AAAAAAAAAHw/BgWqrUw5UoM/s1600/warrior888888.jpg

rand49er
05-02-2013, 06:58 AM
I like Fuzzy, but by the same token, if he calls out a vendor, he should expect to be challenged. Like Jannetty said, his reputation was attacked on the internet, and it will sit here until the internet dies. Also, it's a total red herring to go after someone's spelling. I don't expect car guys to have impeccable grammar or spelling.Well said.