Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

ls2 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 t/a

bad night at royal purple raceway ..took my t/a and i didnt get any grip aat all with the tires i had not even after reducing air pressure best time 14.3 lol.....worst part engine started knocking i hope its just a valve and nothing major

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

...what?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to LS1tech. If you do run into problems with your engine LS1tech is a good place to reference information from so you're in the right place for stuff like that. Post up some pics of your car and maybe your time slip so we can help you get that time down.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let us know detailed things, such as brand and size of tire. if your running stock wheels, and engine specs, transmission, gearing....and altitude etc...these will all go a long ways towards helping figure out where you can make up for some better runs at the track.

sorry to hear she is knocking! how high are you spinning her up? changed the oil regularly I am assuming. Not sure what the mileage is but its highly unlikely the crank or the bearings are an issue if its a young bird.

more than likely you should be able to pull the valvecovers and check the rockers, and pushrods. if all seems well there, go to the lifters, and check for pits. If they are pitted change them and also the cam. these are the most common ticking noise issues. good luck.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

No offense but a brand new motor can spin a bearing beaten hard enough and the right conditions. I wouldn't drive it until you at least tore into the heads for a inspection. If nothing there I'd pull it down. You say it's a ls2 T/A, did you do the swap and with what motor? How many miles, what kind of condition? These are all key. Keeps us updated!