LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 LT1 TunerPro Datalogs...HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 LT1 TunerPro Datalogs...HELP!!!

Ok, so after my dyno today I noticed a hitch in my step on the dyno graph. I decided to re-datalog my PCM and see what it is. AFR looks ok so I figured it was timing.....UNFORTUNATELY, I was right...here are my findings:

BEFORE the dyno today (about a week or so) gregrob and I got on the phone and we put a basic WOT tune on the PCM using datalogs from TunerPro RT and I have Tunercats. We got it FAIRLY close on the AFR and I was pulling ZERO knock at idle, street diving, or WOT. Everythign looked good and felt good........I have uploaded the last datalog I did a week before the dyno with some idle, street driving and WOT to show you what I mean. It is titled "7.xdl"

After I saw my dyno graph (also included) I datalogged again and now I am pulling TWELVE DEGREES of knock at idle! WTF??!! Street driving it, it drops to a range of 5* to 3* an sometimes less. At WOT it is 5* to 3* Knock Retard. I have included a datalog of this as well. SAME EXACT TUNE in BOTH datalogs...NOTHING was changed...any thoughts??!! This datalog is labeled "Timing Woes.xdl"

Again, these are datalogs from TunerPro RT. If anyone can help me it would be GREATLY appreciated! Even with this she put down 423/395 lol...Just hope something isnt going wrong.
Attached Thumbnails 383 LT1 TunerPro Datalogs...HELP!!!-imag0653.jpg  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, it isnt gonna let me upload the datalogs, but if anyone wants them, send me your email address in a PM and I will email them to you!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, I have an LT4 KM, a 94 LT1 Knock Sensor, a 94 LT1 PCM and as far as I can tell all wires look good and I am not hearing any banging or anything hitting anywhere like the headers.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z28Camaro30Ann
Oh, I have an LT4 KM, a 94 LT1 Knock Sensor, a 94 LT1 PCM and as far as I can tell all wires look good and I am not hearing any banging or anything hitting anywhere like the headers.
Sounds close to my pro lem as well. Man... good luck with it and I'll be following your thread for sure...
Old 08-12-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like you need to check things that cause knock? Could be Your exhaust hitting something at idle due to the cam idle if the engine is shaking around, then when you give it gas it smooths out and it stops hitting whatever it was. Could be something in the valvetrain too.

Id say check your exhaust out and then pull the valve covers. If all is good from there then who knows. Might just have to rework the tune and see if it does it again?

Quick Reply: 383 LT1 TunerPro Datalogs...HELP!!!