Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear LCA's

I installed a 12 bolt which we welded on a set of LCA relocation brackets. With the stock LCA's it pushed the rear to far back to the point that the dif cover was hitting the panhard brace. So I ordered of set of adjustable LCA's from SPOHN. When I was adjusting them I measured to make sure they were the exact same length. Now when I push in the clutch or let it out i'm getting a clunking noise. Is it possible to adjust it to far forward causing some issues with the slip yoke and the tailshaft on the trans? Right now the wheels are centered between the wheel wells.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
I installed a 12 bolt which we welded on a set of LCA relocation brackets. With the stock LCA's it pushed the rear to far back to the point that the dif cover was hitting the panhard brace. So I ordered of set of adjustable LCA's from SPOHN. When I was adjusting them I measured to make sure they were the exact same length. Now when I push in the clutch or let it out i'm getting a clunking noise. Is it possible to adjust it to far forward causing some issues with the slip yoke and the tailshaft on the trans? Right now the wheels are centered between the wheel wells.
What style lower control arms did you get? Depending on what style lower control arms you have some are noisier then others. If you have a stock driveshaft I wouldn't think that you would be able to adjust the lower control arm to the point that you would have an issue with the slip yoke on the tailshaft of the transmission.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
What style lower control arms did you get? Depending on what style lower control arms you have some are noisier then others. If you have a stock driveshaft I wouldn't think that you would be able to adjust the lower control arm to the point that you would have an issue with the slip yoke on the tailshaft of the transmission.
As asked .... ^^^^

Rod-ended components are great for non-binding in a drag car where noise is not an issue, but are not so great and very noisy for a street car! All rod-ended Spohn components in mine. Listen to the end of the runs in some of my Youtube videos ... http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianSFGA/videos ... same sound you are hearing??
Old 08-13-2012, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

it turned out to be the backlash in my 12 bolt. I figured it out by setting the ebrake and twisting the driveshaft, I could hear clunking in the rear end. So I spent the day shimming the diff till I got the backlash back to spec. It's still a bit over at .013 but the clunking is gone. I need to order a new shim pack to get it down to the recommended spec. It was way over before.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Oh and I have poly/roto joint LCA's

Quick Reply: Rear LCA's