Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Deros curtailment and pushing report date FORWARD.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deros curtailment and pushing report date FORWARD.

I have a report date to hood for late march. I am stationed in Hawaii and my Deros is in mid February.

The problem here is my wife is prego and we just found out. Like said I already have a report date but I am trying to leave here in mid to late November. All I have been told is to submit a curtailment to deros and then push that to branch to change my report date. Is this correct or not? What do you guys recommend? I have already submitted my 4187 for the curtailment to push my deros forward to 12/1 of this year and I plan to take 30 days leave. We want to leave ~20 nov.
Am I on the right path to make this happen?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Do your orders state early reporting is authorized? Looks like you're on the right track
Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 AM
TECH Regular

yes i have early report authorized but it will all be within the third trimester of the wifes pregnancy so she cant fly then.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

You're pursuing the right way. I had tried to do the same thing with my orders to Korea for the same reason. They told me that I was out of luck since the assignment was Unaccompanied, but you're taking your wife with you and they know that pregnant women cannot fly in the third trimester. Keep pursuing the course you're on.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck man. I know all about dealing with the flight issue for prego's.
My command sponsorship was getting dragged out for months (thanks to my shitbag *** S1), and when it finally got approved she was in her 3rd trimester. Our kid was born 1 month before the deployment, so i had to wait almost 2 years for her to get out here.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 AM
TECH Regular

yea well one of my buddies was a ds with an e7 thats at branch now... he called his buddy in branch and branch said do a curtailment and then contact branch to change report date...

update to monday and my 4187 comes back from s1 saying that i either have to change my curtailment to meet the report date or change the report date before i can do the curtailment...

come to today i go to s1 and talk to the e7 there and explain the situation... so now he is going to get with higher and find me an answer on the s1 side by monday so we will see...

in my opinion branch knows more about what is going on and what to do than shitty s1 personell. it probably got kicked back right away by the stupid privates in there that have no idea what they are doing.

i think you should have to be an nco to be involved in personell actions, awards, finance, etc...
Old 08-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've found most of the S1 actions seemed to be a learning situation for the people who work there.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^ most definatly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deros curtailment and pushing report date FORWARD.