New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

squeky belts....

Old 04-05-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default squeky belts....

So once in a while last summer, i was just remembering about this now, but whenever it would rain a lot my belt would squeek to the point where it got annoying...now i wouldnt care if it was only when it rained but say it clears up a few hours later, for the rest of the day and sometimes even 2 or 3 days after the belts will still be squeeling. SOOO annoying, i tried belt dressing, worked for about 20 minutes and then starts squeeling again, the belt is like new condition no cracks or anything. Any ideas??
Old 04-05-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tensioner pulley, if there the tension is off just slightly it might be enough to make the car squeek but not enough to make the belt pop off. I had to replace my tensioner pulley and idler pulley at 41k miles along with the belt, had the same squeeking issues...this is what solved it, each was about 8 bucks and the belt was 32 from the dealer but i got jew'd like a ****.

hopefully that helps
Travis
Old 04-05-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slik98z
tensioner pulley, if there the tension is off just slightly it might be enough to make the car squeek but not enough to make the belt pop off. I had to replace my tensioner pulley and idler pulley at 41k miles along with the belt, had the same squeeking issues...this is what solved it, each was about 8 bucks and the belt was 32 from the dealer but i got jew'd like a ****.

hopefully that helps
Travis
Yea that would sound like it makes sense....did you do the work yourself?? If not how much did the labor cost? Thanks again.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh man im one of the least experienced people when it comes to cars and i did the install myself in about 5 minutes
Old 04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slik98z
oh man im one of the least experienced people when it comes to cars and i did the install myself in about 5 minutes
oh ok cool, b/c i probably rank near you, the only thing ive ever done is simple bolt ons/water pump/exhuasts, simple stuff like that. Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread