Like usual, R&T has it wrong.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a cross between the cts and impala. I personally like how it looks
Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

I dont know why GM is calling this an SS....when there already is a Camaro SS. Hopefully the production one will be loaded with SS emblems. Bottom line, looks like a new impala...so call it an impala ss
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm having mixed feelings about it. It looks good and I'm glad it's a RWD v8 sedan but it doesn't look aggressive at all. Looks like a Malibu with some of the Camaro styling
Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That rendering is somewhat close, except for the front and rear facias and the camaro wheels. You can see the G8 roots in the c pillar. The only reason it will be called the SS I'd because it's only going to come with 1 engine option being the full fat v8. Whether it will be the tried and true 6.2 or the new DI 5.5 is unclear at this point, but I'm leaning toward the 6.2 for legality reasons.

I'm happy that the car will exist, as I will most likely snag one up at some point, but the whole idea and reasons behind this car make no fiscal sense to me. They did it almost exclusively so the Chevy nascars have a cool new body instead of the next impala which is destined to be boring.

I'm looking at it as an updated Camaro with 4 doors and better visibility. Only problem is a used CTS-V should be in the same price category when they finally go to dealers. And a used G8 GT will be much cheaper, and a GXP if you can find one should be between there somewhere.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V8ImpSS
That rendering is somewhat close, except for the front and rear facias and the camaro wheels. You can see the G8 roots in the c pillar. The only reason it will be called the SS I'd because it's only going to come with 1 engine option being the full fat v8. Whether it will be the tried and true 6.2 or the new DI 5.5 is unclear at this point, but I'm leaning toward the 6.2 for legality reasons.

I'm happy that the car will exist, as I will most likely snag one up at some point, but the whole idea and reasons behind this car make no fiscal sense to me. They did it almost exclusively so the Chevy nascars have a cool new body instead of the next impala which is destined to be boring.

I'm looking at it as an updated Camaro with 4 doors and better visibility. Only problem is a used CTS-V should be in the same price category when they finally go to dealers. And a used G8 GT will be much cheaper, and a GXP if you can find one should be between there somewhere.

I wonder why Chevy would make this car but still keep the Impala FWD an add a turbo 4cylinder and new 3.6 v6. I like kinda like the new look of the Impala (you would have to see it up close to appreciate it). I just wish they made it a RWD sedan with a better transmission hooked up to a monster v8. But then again I mostly see a lot of elder people driving Impalas out here on south jersey, so I guess they really don't care too much for performance.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Be nice if they would make a Z11 with the lsa in it!