General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What's this sounds mean ????

Old 08-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's this sounds mean ????

My car makes a ummm rubbing sound on my back right rear.Sounds like a bag is on like the tire and I can hear every time it goes around and hits the ground.Its very annoying .And ideas on what it is ??It's a 02 Camaro and my isn't low enough to rub.Is it a bearring?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Not sure what the brake setup looks like on your car, or where youre located, but Ive had the sheet metal backer on my rear discs rust out before. It ends up dragging on the rotor ever so lightly and makes a slight wooshing sound. Actually, I could only hear mine with the windows down and when turning to the left (it was the right rear wheel). If you live anywhere with winter and salt, this could be your issue.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Possible my car is all stock at the moment 66k on I'm going to take it to tire shop my family knows the owner .Im going to have him listen to it and get his opinion
Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had just installed new axle bearings and seals on my hawk last weekend, and I had to re bend my dust shield on the passenger wheel, which is behind the rotor because I bent it and had a loud wooshing sound when I test drove it. The metal plate was rubbing the inside of the rotor.

Search this Thread