General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

SSRA need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSRA need help

So currently i dont have a/c however iv decided takin out the a/c was a bad idea, its gets ungodly hottt. So i will end up putting my a/c back in but not for awhile. Iv been looking at the SSRA Jaws or even the original SSRA which are for cars with a/c . however iv been trying to find pics of the install and i did see one and it looks like it sits on the a/c condenser and doesnt even touch the radiator. Will one of these made for a/c work without a/c? I just dont want to get one thats for no a/c and then when i get a/c back in i would have to buy a different one. looking to buy one asap so any feedback would be great.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:17 AM
Teching In

forgot to mention im sittin on Vogtlang spring not a hugfe drop but its low. will the SSRA be subject to getting smashed up or ripped off?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by badta98
So currently i dont have a/c however iv decided takin out the a/c was a bad idea, its gets ungodly hottt. So i will end up putting my a/c back in but not for awhile. Iv been looking at the SSRA Jaws or even the original SSRA which are for cars with a/c . however iv been trying to find pics of the install and i did see one and it looks like it sits on the a/c condenser and doesnt even touch the radiator. Will one of these made for a/c work without a/c? I just dont want to get one thats for no a/c and then when i get a/c back in i would have to buy a different one. looking to buy one asap so any feedback would be great.
The condenser is what keeps it in place. Unlike the other kits where you need to drill the radiator support and use nuts and bolts to hold it in place, the SSRA sits in place between the radiator support and condenser. When you install the air filter tray on top of the SSRA, this holds the SSRA in place between the condenser and radiator support. It is "Squeezed" into place.

So if you wanted to drill holes or somehow attach the SSRA to the radiator support, you will need the condenser.

The SSRA Mega Mouth is for people who don't have the condenser. It is MUCH bigger.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got the SSRA on my Z28, I didn't install the lower section at first, not until I as able check the angles from the bottom of the nose to the radiator air deflector. I ended up cutting about 3/4" of length off the scoop of the SSRA, and have no scraping. I'm still careful pulling up to parking blocks.