PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light..high octane gas the culprit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SES light..high octane gas the culprit?

hello, i recently installed a tnt f1 nitrous kit,walbro pump,tr6's,and a electric cutout. i have run almost a bottle full of n20 through this setup. i have had no misfire codes or any other codes for that matter..until now. i was using regular premium (93). i decided to mix up some b35 race gas (101) they sell up the road with some premium. that is 3 gals of 101 octane with 3 gals of the 93. Made 3 or 4 short runs with this gas on the juice no problems. drove the car around for a bit and parked it. went back later about 4 hours started it up and ses light came on. I dont have a scantool or anything so i HAD to go to autozone for them to scan for free. it was "catalyst not high enough left bank two".. does this mean that i could have fried an 02? surely not just with some 101? i have heard this is most of the time a cat doing this but it just seems to be odd that it has never done that before and now its thrown the same code twice. could be just a coincedence i guess.. any suggests? as soon as i get off work tomorrow morning im going to pull a plug or two to check them out anyway since i have yet to wideband my car, but am afraid to spray with that damn light on.
matt
Old 04-05-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you used LEADED race gas it destroys O2 sensors.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Leaded Gas = Death to O2 sensor.

You'll have to replace all 4 of your O2 sensors.

OR

Get a tuner and kick the car to open loop to run as much leaded as you want.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the b35 is an unleaded gas,its just 101 octane. i wouldnt use the leaded,thats why i couldnt believe just some 101 unleaded would kill anything..