Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Axle Bearing Noise? Your $.02 for Video of Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Axle Bearing Noise? Your $.02 for Video of Noise

While changing my diff fluid I decided to rotate the wheels a bit to get some of the old oil out and I heard a noise over the brake pads that concerned me. I suspect the axle bearings are bad and need to be replaced.
Yes/No?

If so, is it easy? Is there a good write up with pictures and parts/tools list?

Last edited by bjernigan; 08-19-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well I went ahead and replaced the wheel bearings and seals and put some new oil in - The noise seems to have gone away, I think that was all - they weren't bad yet, but I'm happy that I was ahead of the curve on maintenance - I've had too many axle problems with another car I used to own.

New Question, I had to remove my traction control sensors to get the axles out and when I took them out I cleaned them up real nice. Then put it all back together, and started the car while on jack stands, in neutral - and the rear wheels started turning. My abs inoperative light and traction lights were on. I understand this - BUT, they havent gone away yet under normal driving conditions.. Any thoughts?