Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No second gear?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No second gear?

I just got a transgo kit and installed it, and now I don't have second gear. It just spins up in first then shifts straight to third. I have talked to the Transgo tech guy and he walked me through all of the things that could have been wrong. I took it all back apart, checked it all, and put it back together, and I stil don't have second. I am gonna end up taking it to somewhere tomorrow and find out what code the SES light is spitting out. I hope it is an electrical code that would narrow it down to something I haven't checked.

Have any of you guys had this problem? What was it?
Old 04-06-2004, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

You almost certainly have something wrong with the intermediate apply servo on the passanger side of the case. It's probably either installed backwards, an o-ring missing, or a seal on incorrectly.

Or the 1-2 accumulator piston could be cracked...but that'd just allow for slippage on the 1-2 shift not missing 2nd all together.

You have 4th (OD)?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
You almost certainly have something wrong with the intermediate apply servo on the passanger side of the case. It's probably either installed backwards, an o-ring missing, or a seal on incorrectly.

Or the 1-2 accumulator piston could be cracked...but that'd just allow for slippage on the 1-2 shift not missing 2nd all together.

You have 4th (OD)?
Yes it was. Look What happenedhttps://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/157895-aaaarrrrrggggg-tranny-gone.html