Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 help! Mods heads cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 help! Mods heads cam

Hey there fellow ls1tech members! im a new one to this so hoping a few of use can help me out all your comments good and bad will help.
Well for starts im in aussie i have a 2003 vy ss commodore with the ls1 donk. its stock as a rock at the moment and in a few months im going to be beefing it up. so decided so ask a few people what the reckon. I want to do heads, cam, intake manifold and throttle body and injectors if its worth it. and of course exhast and air induction. What heads do you recommend and what cam and manifold. also what sort of rwhp would i be looking at with a good computer and tune.. as i said any feedback will be great
Old 08-21-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check vengeance racing or Texas Speed for head/cam combos.with some heads you should use roller rockers because of the bronze guides.maybe look at a fast 92mm intake with a matching 92mm throttle body.36# injectors should work,and get a bigger fuel pump.you could do a mail order tune from frost but that would take for ever.mybe you can find some local with hp tuners.you could make 420-450 rwhp if ever thing is done right.good luck and check out some the forum vendors.