General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clutch and Misfire problem due to rain... need help!!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and Misfire problem due to rain... need help!!

Yesterday it was pouring rain and I was driving my 98 Trans Am WS6 like any other day... there was a lot of water on the road and I Got stopped in traffic, only to realize my car was misfiring really bad.

I read that there have been a lot of other instances this has occurred, and I realize that it can be the o2 sensor, or water somewhere else in the engine bay.

I went to pull the car out of the garage to let it sit outside today, only to find now that when I push my clutch in, it sticks to the floor and doesn't want to come back unless I put my foot behind it and pull it back up.... and it just won't **** right at all. I added some fluid to the master cylinder because it looked low and it helped only a tiny bit... definitely not adding more than it needs though..

So now the misfire is the least of my problems.... I need help guys.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations....

thanks a lot
Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Launching!

And I found a small puddle of brake fluid under my car, which most likely came from the clutch fluid. Now sometimes it will go into gear but it won't let me pull it out and when I push the clutch in, the car still wants to go. So it must be a leak somewhere that I have to fix and bleed the system? The leak seemed to be under the middle of the car...
Old 08-27-2012, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveWs6
And I found a small puddle of brake fluid under my car, which most likely came from the clutch fluid. Now sometimes it will go into gear but it won't let me pull it out and when I push the clutch in, the car still wants to go. So it must be a leak somewhere that I have to fix and bleed the system? The leak seemed to be under the middle of the car...
Start small with bleeding the fluid. My car was just misfiring a bit earlier today when I was trying to go to class. I shut it down, kicked the gas pedal 5 times real quick with it in the "On" position and it started up and drove fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch and Misfire problem due to rain... need help!!