Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need some advise

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased my SS and am still learning something new about it everyday. I've read all the stickies and searched like crazy for answers but am still confused about what size rims and tires will fit. I'm currently running with the C5 17x9.5 with 275/40/17 all the way around. This is the current suspension it sits on: Front is Global West Adj Coil-Over w/Koni Single Adj Shocks & Eibach 55o lb Springs and Rear is Koni Single Adj Shocks & Eibach 180 lb Springs. Not sure of how much of drop this is but its pretty low. My plan is to get a bigger tire, being a M/T drag radial, on the back and some new OEwheels C6 Chrome DD wheels. Since I've already got 4 decent tires now, i was thinking of getting the staggered 17x9.5 and 18x10.5 and using the tires i have now for the fronts since (i have 4 of them) and not sure on size for the rear. What would be the biggest I could fit on the rear without rolling the fender or using the BFH. Would the 305/35/18 Mickeys work? And if it did would it look okay? Any opinions and help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks members
P.S. heres a pic of the stance and wheels it has now:
Attached Thumbnails
dum dum
Old 08-22-2012, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

With a 10.5" wheel you will likely need to beat the fenders a little bit atleast, especially if you are running a PHB and not a watts link.
Nothing wrong with beating the inner fenders a little...
Also your pics are not showing up.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
With a 10.5" wheel you will likely need to beat the fenders a little bit atleast, especially if you are running a PHB and not a watts link.
Nothing wrong with beating the inner fenders a little...
Also your pics are not showing up.
Sorry I tried loading the pics from my phone. I am running the PHB by the way.
Do you happen to know where I can find a video of someone modifying the inner fender by hammering?
Attached Thumbnails Need some advise-photo-2.jpg   Need some advise-photo-3.jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Teching In

u will likely need to beat the fenders a little bit atleast

Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FastFitters35th
Sorry I tried loading the pics from my phone. I am running the PHB by the way.
Do you happen to know where I can find a video of someone modifying the inner fender by hammering?
I don't think you'll find a video. The way we did it on my car was to see where the new tire was rubbing and hammer it out. Alfter that we would spray paint the fenderwell black and run the car around for a week or until it rubbed real bad. Then we put the car back up on the lift and took off the tire and hammered out any place shiney.. We repeated this until it cleared. Just trial and error. I've ran the 315-17s 555r Nittos and 28"-10.5-15 MTDRs with no problems.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a BFH photo:
http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo...s/FendMas1.jpg
Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the advise guys! I got the new C6 wheels installed and they look great! Ended up going with 17x9.5 up front and 18x10.5 out back. And i fit 315/30/18 Mickey's out back. Had to do some hammering but it wasn't really all that bad, just a few spots here and there. Really made the car stand out. Ill try and get some pics posted later for ya'll to see.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Attached Thumbnails Need some advise-photo-1.jpg   Need some advise-photo-3.jpg   Need some advise-photo-2.jpg   Need some advise-photo-4.jpg   Need some advise-photo.jpg  

Quick Reply: Need some advise