Both stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gSt8SBRPoA&feature=plcp

evangto87
08-22-2012, 12:58 AM
sad...

2SSARME
08-22-2012, 01:04 AM
ZL1 needs to learn how to drive.

Can be the biggest fanboy in the world but it's clear the ZL1 is a shitty driver. I hate ZL1s but man some fuckers really give it a bad name.

odthetruth
08-22-2012, 01:56 AM
ROFL Sadness has swept across the ZL1 driver.

Shoulder Shaker
08-22-2012, 02:38 AM
:nono:Damn!!!!!

usnfenix
08-22-2012, 02:43 AM
wow.

in before the ford-haters.

Beastmode89
08-22-2012, 02:50 AM
wow.

in before the ford-haters.

fuck ford

LS1rob00
08-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Lol ZL1's slower than regular SS's

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 05:09 AM
ZL1 needs to learn how to drive.

Can be the biggest fanboy in the world but it's clear the ZL1 is a shitty driver. I hate ZL1s but man some fuckers really give it a bad name.

Id have to disagree. GM gave the ZL1 a bad name. The car is flat out pathetic man. Not a single bone stock 11 sec pass yet. Hell can probably count on one hand how man sub 12.50 passes there are. The rest are usually between 12.50-13.00. So much for the "GT500 slayer"

There was also a 13 GT500 out there equipped with a GoPro ready to whoop some ZL1 ass but the ZL1 guy refused to run...

Was it even a 6 speed? If it was a Auto thats even less reason to blame the driver.

Heater
08-22-2012, 05:21 AM
This thread should provide many LuLz :swing:

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Sad. It should have more than enough power to pull around a 5.0. How come it seems the ZL's are'nt as quick as the CTS V's?

Lots of variables on those car though, which setting for the ZL, did he do the fuse pull mod? Probably not.

ScreaminRedZ
08-22-2012, 08:01 AM
How come it seems the ZL's are'nt as quick as the CTS V's?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

The V's came out and people were kicking some ass in them. Then the ZL1 came out with 24 more horsepower and, at worst, the same weight as the V's, but they are losing to kids on Huffy White Heat bikes and old ladies falling down spiral staircases.

MeentSS02
08-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Yeah? But the ZL1 is the better overall package...you know, like in the twisties and stuff. And creature comforts. And driving nannies. And stuff like that.

Am I right?

I'm right.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Someone is very familiar with Camaro5 logic!! Lmao

ScreaminRedZ
08-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Lol, that's so true.

stumprrp
08-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Didnt even watch the videos but the ZL1 wasnt not made for the straight line guys. It was made for a road course which i'm certain it would demolish the mustang. Both are nice cars.

MeentSS02
08-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Didnt even watch the videos but the ZL1 wasnt not made for the straight line guys. It was made for a road course which i'm certain it would demolish the mustang. Both are nice cars.

If it wasn't made for straight line performance, why does it have launch control? A road course certainly wouldn't require something like that.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 08:43 AM

Please tell me youre being sarcastic.

Just incase youre not. Tell me why did GM equip the car with LAUNCH CONTROL if it wasnt made to go in a straight line? Dont see much use for that on a road course.

Just found out the ZL1 was an Auto. No excuses for sloppy shifting and it damn sure didnt look like he smoked the tires.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 08:43 AM
If it wasn't made for straight line performance, why does it have launch control? A road course certainly wouldn't require something like that.

Dammit u beat me to it! LOL

sweetC5
08-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I agree... that was sad! I think the zl1 is a hell of a package and makes a great road racer... but as far as 1/4 mile performance its just crap! Regular SS with headers and a tune will run door to door with them in most cases. Personally I think the new 1LE SS is the way to go, you get a SS with upgraded axles, suspension, better tires and better 3.91 gears. Now add a cam and boltons to that car like I did mine, and its gonna be that much better, without the ZL1 price tage or the 4100lbs.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 08:52 AM
I agree... that was sad! I think the zl1 is a hell of a package and makes a great road racer... but as far as 1/4 mile performance its just crap! Regular SS with headers and a tune will run door to door with them in most cases. Personally I think the new 1LE SS is the way to go, you get a SS with upgraded axles, suspension, better tires and better 3.91 gears. Now add a cam and boltons to that car like I did mine, and its gonna be that much better, without the ZL1 price tage or the 4100lbs.

I totally agree.

NOLAG05
08-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I like the look of the ZL1 but if i had to get one that TVS1900 would be swapped for the TVS2300 before the first oil change...lol

evangto87
08-22-2012, 09:29 AM
regardless of what happened in this video or not, the ZL1 SHOULD have won. Im still waiting to race one sometime to see what there fully made of. But its tough to find one... let alone with a good driver.

S8ER95Z
08-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Is GM trying? That's my question...I mean I know they have the Corvette and they would have to seriously screw the pooch to ruin but the Camaro? Just sell it off to China already... maybe they can bring some honor to the name. Hell just name their F150 ripoff Camaro and they would have already matched GMs efforts.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Is GM trying? That's my question...I mean I know they have the Corvette and they would have to seriously screw the pooch to ruin but the Camaro? Just sell it off to China already... maybe they can bring some honor to the name. Hell just name their F150 ripoff Camaro and they would have already matched GMs efforts.

Part of it is there feeding a bit too much into creature comforts and forgetting about the people who want to strictly go fast. Unfortunately... there sales come from people who want those creature comforts... not the ones who want new race cars.

Till this day.... GM could very easily save the camaro by making a 3500lb version with an N/A ls7 under the hood and 3.73 rear gear. Call it the Z28.... but they wont do that.

409CISecondGen
08-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Just incase youre not. Tell me why did GM equip the car with LAUNCH CONTROL if it wasnt made to go in a straight line? Dont see much use for that on a road course.

Hang on, BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc all have launch control. Sure the car was made to go quickly in a straight line but tell me why it has magnetic ride control and an IRS if it was simply made to be a dragracer?

GM really got screwed. They figured what they gave the ZL1 would be enough to at least keep up with the GT500 and they were dead wrong. By about 100hp no less. However, it will still thrash one around a road course and is much nicer to drive every day.

I think if I just spent 65K$ on a brand new car to daily drive, I want it to do more than go fast in a straight line. Sure the portion of the population represented on LS1Tech only care about hp and 1/4 mile times, but I think your average Joe is going to test drive both and say "the ride and the handling on the GT500 sucks." After all 580hp is plenty for most people, what average Joe midlife crisis is going to feel the difference between a ZL1 and a GT500 when it comes to power?

Sorry GM doesn't build cars just to satisfy the tiny proportion of their consumers on LS1Tech. If they did, they would only be building street legal COPO Camaros and everyone on LS1Tech would be wondering why the public wasn't rushing to buy and daily drive cars with roll cages and skinnies.

//Rant

ScreaminRedZ
08-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Hang on, BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc all have launch control. Sure the car was made to go quickly in a straight line but tell me why it has magnetic ride control and an IRS if it was simply made to be a dragracer?

GM really got screwed. They figured what they gave the ZL1 would be enough to at least keep up with the GT500 and they were dead wrong. By about 100hp no less. However, it will still thrash one around a road course and is much nicer to drive every day.

I think if I just spent 65K$ on a brand new car to daily drive, I want it to do more than go fast in a straight line. Sure the portion of the population represented on LS1Tech only car about hp and 1/4 mile times, but I think your average Joe is going to test drive both and say "the ride and the handling on the GT500 sucks." After all 580hp is plenty for most people, what average Joe midlife crisis is going to feel the difference between a ZL1 and a GT500 when it comes to power?

Sorry GM doesn't build cars just to satisfy the tiny proportion of their consumers on LS1Tech. If they did, they would only be building street legal COPO Camaros and everyone on LS1Tech would be wondering why the public wasn't rushing to buy cars with roll cages and skinnies.

//Rant

I guarantee that your average consumer cares more about straight line performance than they do handling. You say they won't be able to tell the difference in power between the 2 cars, but you think they will push them hard enough to tell the difference in handling? Not a chance.

Also, it's not just the comparison between the ZL1 and the 2013 GT500 that has people up in arms, it's the fact that it can't seem to beat cars that shouldn't even be a race.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 09:51 AM
While it is great on a road course... i think its fair to say... GMs budget hit this car... atleast for the HP perspective. This car should have come with the ZR1 powerplant. And i still would like to know how they attached another 400lbs to the already heavy fifth gen. Say 100lbs of extra goodies under the nose for blower/accessories... where the other 300?

ohioborn80
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM

I think if I just spent 65K$ on a brand new car to daily drive, I want it to do more than go fast in a straight line. Sure the portion of the population represented on LS1Tech only care about hp and 1/4 mile times, but I think your average Joe is going to test drive both and say "the ride and the handling on the GT500 sucks." After all 580hp is plenty for most people, what average Joe midlife crisis is going to feel the difference between a ZL1 and a GT500 when it comes to power?

Sorry GM doesn't build cars just to satisfy the tiny proportion of their consumers on LS1Tech. If they did, they would only be building street legal COPO Camaros and everyone on LS1Tech would be wondering why the public wasn't rushing to buy and daily drive cars with roll cages and skinnies.

//Rant

The GT500 is been showing it can put lap times just as good and better then the ZL1. SO it really don't win any where. And the Gt500 has all the same comforts. You don't have to get the Recaro seats. You can get the regular seats in it. Get nav, sync, fancy lights inside etc. Only thing ZL1 offers is an auto.

NOLAG05
Are we all forgetting that the ZL1 was made as a TRACK CAR to battle with the Boss 302... The Chevy answer to the GT500 is the Vette... Why bring a Scion to battle a Skyline when you should be in a Supra... follow my logic?

stumprrp
Every friggin performance vehicle made today has launch control. Give me a break. You people bash the shit out of everything that doesnt trap 130 in the quarter mile. Who gives a damn if a 5.0 mustang beat it, its still a nice car!

Evan - i think lou is buying one so race that lol.

NOLAG05
08-22-2012, 09:55 AM
true, the GT500 does pull faster lap times but every vid i have seen with a pro driver said that the brake fade in the GT500 is scarey if not down right horrific... 600+ ponies and no brakes into turn 3 is no fun...

The GT500 is been showing it can put lap times just as good and better then the ZL1. SO it really don't win any where. And the Gt500 has all the same comforts. You don't have to get the Recaro seats. You can get the regular seats in it. Get nav, sync, fancy lights inside etc. Only thing ZL1 offers is an auto.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Every friggin performance vehicle made today has launch control. Give me a break. You people bash the shit out of everything that doesnt trap 130 in the quarter mile. Who gives a damn if a 5.0 mustang beat it, its still a nice car!

Evan - i think lou is buying one so race that lol.

ooo man i hope so!! Im getting my own place in a month so modding is on hold for a bit.

Beans
08-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Evan and 409 basically covered it.

If the measure of success is sales, Ford built the wrong pony car, not GM.

Unfortunately our priorities as generally young, adrenaline fueled horsepower junkies are not the same as those of the general population.

When i worked in sales for GM we sold plenty of Camaros...to 40-60 year old people. Surprisingly a lot of older women buy Camaros reminiscing about the days when the captain of the football team was diddling her sloppy snatch in the back of his 69 Camaro.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 09:56 AM
true, the GT500 does pull faster lap times but every vid i have seen with a pro driver said that the brake fade in the GT500 is scarey if not down right horrific... 600+ ponies and no brakes into turn 3 is no fun...

get the trac pack. The brakes are the same size as the zr1. Anyone who complains about brake fade in that setup... just cant drive.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Evan and 409 basically covered it.

If the measure of success is sales, Ford built the wrong pony car, not GM.

Unfortunately our priorities as generally young, adrenaline fueled horsepower junkies are not the same as those of the general population.

When i worked in sales for GM we sold plenty of Camaros...to 40-60 year old people. Surprisingly a lot of older women buy Camaros reminiscing about the days when the captain of the football team was diddling her sloppy snatch in the back of his 69 Camaro.

and to this day the camaro still far out sells the mustang. So gm will continue on there path of heavy creature comfort cars... because it makes sales.

stumprrp
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM

Thats some funny stuff.

ScreaminRedZ
08-22-2012, 10:05 AM
If everyone who argues that the ZL1 was mainly built for the roadcourse (a point that I'm not arguing with, but this is the street race section) and it's straight line performance doesn't matter, then when someone says it sucks in a straight line just agree with them.

Beans
08-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I guarantee that your average consumer cares more about straight line performance than they do handling. You say they won't be able to tell the difference in power between the 2 cars, but you think they will push them hard enough to tell the difference in handling? Not a chance.

Also, it's not just the comparison between the ZL1 and the 2013 GT500 that has people up in arms, it's the fact that it can't seem to beat cars that shouldn't even be a race.

Proven Fact...Average consumers care more about looks and safety ratings than power and handling.

Very few 20-somethings are running to the dealership and buying 2013 muscle cars.

Our demographic has too much student loan debt to worry about. If it weren't for that i would have bought a 5.0 2 years ago.

Heater
08-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Are we all forgetting that the ZL1 was made as a TRACK CAR to battle with the Boss 302... The Chevy answer to the GT500 is the Vette... Why bring a Scion to battle a Skyline when you should be in a Supra... follow my logic?

Camero5 logic in effect :jest:

ScreaminRedZ
08-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Proven Fact...Average consumers care more about looks and safety ratings than power and handling.

I agree, but the argument here is power vs handling. It's not like the one of them handles so much better that it's not even a contest. It is that way with power/acceleration, however.

Beans
08-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I agree, but the argument here is power vs handling. It's not like the one of them handles so much better that it's not even a contest. It is that way with power/acceleration, however.

True.

I agree that it doesn't matter who you are, you're going to notice a 100whp difference.

sweetC5
08-22-2012, 10:23 AM
LOTS of people care about handling now... there are a big group of people that auto X and do track days now. This is were the Zl1 and 1LE were built around, plus the props of being a good daily driver to boot. GM said this many times, and they put out what they said, I like doing all kinds of auto racing and think they did a good job with the camaros. Your not going to be a track champion with one, but they perform well at any track and thats what makes it fun car.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 10:28 AM
i like handling for the main reason... i can race deep into triple digits and know the car isnt going to lose control easily. I can also coast through turns at high rates of speed rather then jack up on my brakes to avoid death. And IF i have to stop, i have 14 inch brembos ;). But my main interest is straight line speed.

scramblerman
08-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Part of it is there feeding a bit too much into creature comforts and forgetting about the people who want to strictly go fast. Unfortunately... there sales come from people who want those creature comforts... not the ones who want new race cars.

Till this day.... GM could very easily save the camaro by making a 3500lb version with an N/A ls7 under the hood and 3.73 rear gear. Call it the Z28.... but they wont do that.

^^^^^^^I've been saying this for a year!!!!!

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 11:22 AM

The ONLY thing keeping the gt500 in the hunt on a road coarse is it's extra power. If you can't tell that by the vids that has been posted you should sell your car and take up knitting, because you don't have a clue.

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 11:24 AM

That would be a awesome car. Although the 3.91 would be a better choice for the gear....maybe even a bit lower.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 11:29 AM
That would be a awesome car. Although the 3.91 would be a better choice for the gear....maybe even a bit lower.

id opt for a 4.10 with the tall tires and long 6060 gearing... but 3.73 would be much better for keeping that factory like mpg etc...

evangto87
08-22-2012, 11:31 AM
The ONLY thing keeping the gt500 in the hunt on a road coarse is it's extra power. If you can't tell that by the vids that has been posted you should sell your car and take up knitting, because you don't have a clue.

between the gt500 and the boss... the boss is actually the much better handling car. The gt500 just has an extra 200whp to muscle its way around town. If you were to put both cars on an auto x, you would find the boss would be substantially faster. And supposedly the zl1 can out turn the boss... so in the actual handling department, i give it to the zl1 over the gt500

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 11:45 AM
id opt for a 4.10 with the tall tires and long 6060 gearing... but 3.73 would be much better for keeping that factory like mpg etc...

Maybe even 4.30's. Don't forget the ls7 will turn 7150 rpm stock. Even 4.10 with that tall tire would make it seem like it was in gear forever.

2SSARME
08-22-2012, 12:07 PM
I heard the 1LE put like 5 seconds on the boss.
lolol.

evangto87
08-22-2012, 12:11 PM
I heard the 1LE put like 5 seconds on the boss.
lolol.

i heard that too... id love to see how thats possible when the zl1 couldnt do that...

jallen100
08-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Either way it was sad to watch.

Silver Sleeper
08-22-2012, 12:16 PM
shitty driver with an auto? maybe on launch....still doesnt excuse the fact it got beat by a car with 150 less hp...

Dark SS
08-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Build a road course/handling car and bring back a classic nameplate that was used on legendary drag race cars. Brilliant GM. The 5th gen is so full of fail. The 1LE was close but missed the mark too buy not beefing up the rear end and adding a dry sump LS3.

2SSARME
08-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Because the 1LE is a sick ass car. Probably the best camaro out right now.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one and strapping a blower on dat bitch. Oh wait. I'd rape a 1LE too.

S8ER95Z
08-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I just can't wait to buy a Z28.... 5000lbs and 100K... I know you have it in you GM.

odthetruth
08-22-2012, 01:00 PM
LOL GM is spending too much time masturbating at the Nurburgring.

I'm all for handling, but a Camaro isn't about handling... its about straight line. Thats what its always been about in my book. The ZL1 owners will soon sound like the import owners of yesteryear with the "I'll take you in the turns" after getting smoked on the straights.

I don't get it. The ZL1 should be faster? The 2nd gen CTS-Vs do better then this. Meh

sweetC5
08-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Build a road course/handling car and bring back a classic nameplate that was used on legendary drag race cars. Brilliant GM. The 5th gen is so full of fail. The 1LE was close but missed the mark too buy not beefing up the rear end and adding a dry sump LS3.

The 1le has stronger axles and a 3.91 gear set, how is that not beefed up? The stock diff is fine in this car, and you cant expect to buy a factory car that needs nothing as far as mods, I mean come on! The 1LE is just what they needed to do with the camaro in the first place, they took care of the weak axles, added some much needed rear gear, better.. lighter.. wider.. wheels and tires, better suspension all for not much more money! So how did that not hit the mark. Its a perfect SS, its what they should have done with the SS right off the start. Allot of people are looking to buy these factory parts to swap on there 10s and 11s for much less then aftermarket. Sounds like a win to me.

Detoxx03
08-22-2012, 01:18 PM
There was also a 13 GT500 out there equipped with a GoPro ready to whoop some ZL1 ass but the ZL1 guy refused to run...

Was it even a 6 speed? If it was a Auto thats even less reason to blame the driver.

Yes it's a bone stock auto so can't blame driver error with the exception of reaction time. I could be wrong but to me it looked like the 5.0 shut down early as the ZL1 was about to come around him. I've been out there plenty of times and know exactly where the finish line is. Without a finish line view it's hard to really tell. Regardless GM desperately needs to shave weight off of that damn thing. I haven't seen that 5.0 on street tires except the first time he brought it out when it was brand new. You guys know how the word "street tires" is used down here so let's not forget that.

Oh and running that GT500 would have been really stupid since we all know it's not stock :jest:

Either way the ZL1 is a great looking car that needs P90X. I look forward to what changes the new chassis will have. I'm still a fan of the newer mustangs and glad we have new life to the rivalry but let's try not to lose perspective.

zz4camaro1980
08-22-2012, 01:32 PM
LOL GM is spending too much time masturbating at the Nurburgring.

I'm all for handling, but a Camaro isn't about handling... its about straight line. Thats what its always been about in my book. The ZL1 owners will soon sound like the import owners of yesteryear with the "I'll take you in the turns" after getting smoked on the straights.

I don't get it. The ZL1 should be faster? The 2nd gen CTS-Vs do better then this. Meh

Camaro has always been about straight line?...Trans am series?

Silver Sleeper
08-22-2012, 01:38 PM
same can be said about mustang's....shelby's and boss 302's from the 60's and 70's were all about road racing

evangto87
08-22-2012, 01:39 PM
so wait... a stock auto 5.0 drug a stock auto zl1.... wow.... now thats sad... like vomit sad. Even if the 5.0 gets out... the zl1 should atleast chase it down..

odthetruth
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM

Camaros and Mustangs are synonymous with drag racing. Just because there's a series with them road coursing doesn't mean thats what they are known for. Thats the reputations they have in the car community, regardless of their roots.

I look at a Camaro and think red light drag races, high horsepower. I don't think carving corners in a mountainside. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with that one. There are plenty of other platforms GM could have focused for road coursing (ala CTS-V). Not saying the Camaro does BAD at road coursing, since the ZL1 is obviously fast at the Nurburgring... but... there are no nurburgrings at the drag strip, and most people who buy cars in general will end up drag racing them (be it legal or illegal) before they end up on a road course.

I'm not the only person who sees a Camaro or Mustang as a V8 muscle car for drag racing... but its sad when you see a 580hp supercharged car get spanked by a 414hp NA car. Driver mod needed? Yeah, I'm pretty sure of it... but the ZL1 is too heavy for its own good because of trying to make it plush. No one sees Camaro and thinks 'oooo luxury!'

Zac_Speed
08-22-2012, 01:53 PM
I read this entire thread and all I have to say is. People who hit their hazard lights after a race are FAGGOTS. So retarded. Also, Z28-corner carver. ZL1-drag racer.

thunderstruck507
08-22-2012, 01:55 PM
So if someone posts a video of a stock Camaro SS beating a GT500, that means the GT500 is a piece of shit too right?

Because honestly, it's a very plausible scenario.

NOLAG05
08-22-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't get it? Whats camaro5 logic?:confused: All i said was basically bring the
correct vehicle to race... i wouldn't race a GT500 in a cobalt... i would go home
and bring out the Vette...

Camero5 logic in effect :jest:

Detoxx03
08-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I just can't wait to buy a Z28.... 5000lbs and 100K... I know you have it in you GM.

:jest:

ohioborn80
08-22-2012, 02:22 PM

it don't matter what is keeping it in the hunt and winning. Specially with the ZL1 having this super suspension. And the GT500 still using the solid axle. Winning is winning. And the ZL1 isn't doing it.

And if just the power how come we keep seeing them lose to cars making way less power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169JFXbccBs

Dark SS
08-22-2012, 02:37 PM
The 1le has stronger axles and a 3.91 gear set, how is that not beefed up? The stock diff is fine in this car, and you cant expect to buy a factory car that needs nothing as far as mods, I mean come on! The 1LE is just what they needed to do with the camaro in the first place, they took care of the weak axles, added some much needed rear gear, better.. lighter.. wider.. wheels and tires, better suspension all for not much more money! So how did that not hit the mark. Its a perfect SS, its what they should have done with the SS right off the start. Allot of people are looking to buy these factory parts to swap on there 10s and 11s for much less then aftermarket. Sounds like a win to me.

It's not lighter, it's probably heavier. They did nothing for weight reduction. It has the same aluminum junk diff, same garbage clutch and the same brakes as the SS. They were close with this one. It should have had some weight reduction, a ZL1 diff and ZL1 brakes. For 7K you still need to do a lot to make it a serious track car. They cheaped out on the ZL1 too. If it had a forged bottom end, like every forged induction mustang since 2003, it could be made in to a beast. GM doesn't give a shit about matching the mustangs performance as long as they sell. The 5th gen crowd just eats this shit up as the rest of the car world laughs at them.

Mike Morris
08-22-2012, 02:38 PM

Wow have you done a 180. You used to get into with people who bashed 5th gens when you had one

Nice vid. Zl1 is a disappointment in the straights. Id take one over a Boss or 5.0 any day(of course its more money). Gt500 is a better buy to me. Guy couple streets down just got his with temp tags to go low 12s at 124MPH. Not bad being a terrible driver and in the heat if you ask me

sweetC5
08-22-2012, 02:55 PM
I just don't get some people, you expect a performance car under 40 grand to be built just how you want it. The stock brakes don't need to be upgraded with the exception of some braided lines, the factory clutch holds up great, and after 2 years and 40k my car is holding up just fine. You guys expect fucking super cars out of mid priced american cars, when they don't run 10s out of the box and have everything you ever wanted it's a piece of shit. LMAO

Redfire 03
08-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Quick Question: How are those new Camaro's selling?

Exactly. :D

I doubt GM gives two flying fucks what anyone here has to say, as long as their pony car keeps selling like hot cakes. Those guys must be doing something right.

Dark SS
08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Wow have you done a 180. You used to get into with people who bashed 5th gens when you had one

Nice vid. Zl1 is a disappointment in the straights. Id take one over a Boss or 5.0 any day(of course its more money). Gt500 is a better buy to me. Guy couple streets down just got his with temp tags to go low 12s at 124MPH. Not bad being a terrible driver and in the heat if you ask me

Yeah, I lived it so I know what pieces of crap GM gave us. I drank the Kool-Aid for a while till I came to my senses.

I just don't get some people, you expect a performance car under 40 grand to be built just how you want it. The stock brakes don't need to be upgraded with the exception of some braided lines, the factory clutch holds up great, and after 2 years and 40k my car is holding up just fine. You guys expect fucking super cars out of mid priced american cars, when they don't run 10s out of the box and have everything you ever wanted it's a piece of shit. LMAO
No, I expect a 40K car to at least hold up to the abuse that my other Camaros took. Read reviews on the 1LE and you will see the biggest complaint is the brakes. Also the ZL1 is 60K car, not 40. My factory clutch had to be replaced at 10K miles, my drive shaft axle and axles seals were replaces too. The axle came out of my pocket after GM told me I broke the car too many times and denied my warranty. And I thought 10 bolts were bad.

thunderstruck507
08-22-2012, 03:36 PM
My factory clutch had to be replaced at 10K miles, my drive shaft axle and axles seals were replaces too. The axle came out of my pocket after GM told me I broke the car too many times and denied my warranty. And I thought 10 bolts were bad.

At least it didn't shit a transmission at 5k miles.

sweetC5
08-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I lived it so I know what pieces of crap GM gave us. I drank the Kool-Aid for a while till I came to my senses.

No, I expect a 40K car to at least hold up to the abuse that my other Camaros took. Read reviews on the 1LE and you will see the biggest complaint is the brakes. Also the ZL1 is 60K car, not 40. My factory clutch had to be replaced at 10K miles, my drive shaft axle and axles seals were replaces too. The axle came out of my pocket after GM told me I broke the car too many times and denied my warranty. And I thought 10 bolts were bad.

Ya but all that is your problem, you had a lemon... it happens! My car has over a 100 passes on it, been wheel hopped to hell, I drive the piss out of mine and its held up to everything. So what you went though is pretty shitty, I would have been pissed too, but you can see not everyone has those problems. I would have drove it through GMs window but I dont see how you can say all this crap knowing you just got stuck with a shit car. I owned a C5 vette and I personally dont see it as any better built then this car. The way this car has treated me I feel like I got everything I paid for!

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 03:54 PM
it don't matter what is keeping it in the hunt and winning. Specially with the ZL1 having this super suspension. And the GT500 still using the solid axle. Winning is winning. And the ZL1 isn't doing it.
]

Not always. One good flying lap don't get it done in the road race world. If they were at the same power levels it would be seconds difference in favor of the ZL. I can also find that 80hp difference easier than you can make the Gt500 handle with the ZL.

thunderstruck507
08-22-2012, 04:15 PM
One good flying lap don't get it done in the road race world.

I don't agree with Hio often but this statement is very true and is especially true when comparing these 2 cars.

Every single review I've read about them say the ZL1 is more precise and refined so that it is consistent as opposed to the untamed GT500 (which also gets complaints on braking). In a multi-lap race on most tracks I would put my money on the ZL1 taking the win by a considerable margin. And depending on which version of the GT500 in question, it might not even be capable of running the whole race before overheating different components of the car.

Of course none of it means jack to the people who only care about straight lines. If you don't appreciate corners you're missing out on the real performance of the car IMO. I personally love corners and my car is set up more for them than drag.

2SSARME
08-22-2012, 05:13 PM
This is turning into such a gay thread.

A ZL1 WILL MURDER A 5.0.

Stop being fucking gay ass fanboys. Jesus Christ.

(this coming from me, who hates every fucking 5th gen and especially thinks the ZL1 is one big gay ass failure).

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I like the look of the ZL1 but if i had to get one that TVS1900 would be swapped for the TVS2300 before the first oil change...lol

Yes it's a bone stock auto so can't blame driver error with the exception of reaction time. I could be wrong but to me it looked like the 5.0 shut down early as the ZL1 was about to come around him. I've been out there plenty of times and know exactly where the finish line is. Without a finish line view it's hard to really tell. Regardless GM desperately needs to shave weight off of that damn thing. I haven't seen that 5.0 on street tires except the first time he brought it out when it was brand new. You guys know how the word "street tires" is used down here so let's not forget that.

Oh and running that GT500 would have been really stupid since we all know it's not stock :jest:

Either way the ZL1 is a great looking car that needs P90X. I look forward to what changes the new chassis will have. I'm still a fan of the newer mustangs and glad we have new life to the rivalry but let's try not to lose perspective.

I agree with everything you said but what does the GT500 have? Tune, exhaust, and maybe tires. Yea that would have just made the ZL1 get raped with a bigger dick. Stock or not the ZL1 was gettin raped.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 06:01 PM
This is turning into such a gay thread.

A ZL1 WILL MURDER A 5.0.

Stop being fucking gay ass fanboys. Jesus Christ.

(this coming from me, who hates every fucking 5th gen and especially thinks the ZL1 is one big gay ass failure).

Murder?? Have you seen trap speed of ZL1's? Very low teens when the 5.0 usually traps around 110. Trust me it wouldnt be a murder.

Detoxx03
08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree with everything you said but what does the GT500 have? Tune, exhaust, and maybe tires. Yea that would have just made the ZL1 get raped with a bigger dick. Stock or not the ZL1 was gettin raped.

He was on drag radials last week when he raced my friends vette and said he was ordering slicks and skinnies, a pulley, and a nitrous kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_CRHFBME9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You mention tune and exhaust as if it doesn't wake those cars up a lot lol. Can't wait to see the ZL1 once he starts modding it.

409CISecondGen
08-22-2012, 06:12 PM

I doubt GM gives two flying fucks what anyone here has to say, as long as their pony car keeps selling like hot cakes. Those guys must be doing something right.

Pretty much. :judge:

You guys seem to think GM is run to please car forums, not their investors.

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 06:15 PM

My money goes on the zl1 once mods start.

ohioborn80
08-22-2012, 06:41 PM

Yes it was.

99peweterls1
08-22-2012, 07:02 PM
5.0 sounds loud, x-pipe, Cai, tune, drag radials perhaps? "stock" lol

Color?

whytryz28
08-22-2012, 07:16 PM

Thats the first lap til the brakes go out and from the 2nd lap on its all ZL1.

Heater
08-22-2012, 07:24 PM

I remember when Mustang owner's used to use that excuse.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 07:38 PM
He was on drag radials last week when he raced my friends vette and said he was ordering slicks and skinnies, a pulley, and a nitrous kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_CRHFBME9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You mention tune and exhaust as if it doesn't wake those cars up a lot lol. Can't wait to see the ZL1 once he starts modding it.

Not at all. The car is "woke" straight from the factory. A tune and exhaust is just like a small cup of coffee in the morning. What i was saying is if the GT500 was stock youre still talking about a 125+ mph car vs a 115(-) mph car. The ZL1 was gonna get fucked no matter what.

If he is indeed getting those mods the car will be 150mph car or more. Lethal hit theres with a 150 shot on STOCK boost and trapped 149mph. It also had full bolt ons.

I see some videos of that vette!! He was putting in work!! Is that the guy from Shreveport?? Any details on the car?

Please tell me youre talking about a modded ZL1 vs a modded 5.0.

Mod for mod the GT500 makes the ZL1 look stupid.

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
^^^^Mod for mod the zl closes the gap. Once things get serious it's all ZL after that.

Detoxx03
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
5.0 sounds loud, x-pipe, Cai, tune, drag radials perhaps? "stock" lol

Color?

Last time I saw it it had drag radials on it. The term "street tires" is used very loosely down here and if someone says that's what they are on you can bet its at least a drag radial. No telling what else is done to it cause it's all about the hustle even if this was a free race.

Not at all. The car is "woke" straight from the factory. A tune and exhaust is just like a small cup of coffee in the morning. What i was saying is if the GT500 was stock youre still talking about a 125+ mph car vs a 115(-) mph car. The ZL1 was gonna get fucked no matter what.

If he is indeed getting those mods the car will be 150mph car or more. Lethal hit theres with a 150 shot on STOCK boost and trapped 149mph. It also had full bolt ons.

I see some videos of that vette!! He was putting in work!! Is that the guy from Shreveport?? Any details on the car?

Please tell me youre talking about a modded ZL1 vs a modded 5.0.

Mod for mod the GT500 makes the ZL1 look stupid.

So you're trying to tell me that it's almost maxed out from the factory? One look on SVT will tell you cause he posted it when I posted the video above. We're those cars trapping that with weight reduction like the evolution gt500?

Yeah my friend is from Shreveport and its a H/C LS2 that made 492rwhp. He's upgrading th clutch and doing a few other little things and should be back in a month or two.

I think the ZL1 has more room to grow and can easily be made to be a force but once again weight is a big issue.

kennyxg
08-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Lol ZL1's slower than regular SS'sThey are both slow! what a joke!

kennyxg
08-22-2012, 08:45 PM
^^^^Mod for mod the zl closes the gap. Once things get serious it's all ZL after that.Big dawg the zl1 is a joke face it!

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 08:45 PM
^^^^Mod for mod the zl closes the gap. Once things get serious it's all ZL after that.

Not even close. It takes a $13k package to make what the GT500 makes with a pulley and bolt on's. The GT500 will top 700rwhp with the stock blower and bolt ons. The LSA needs full bolt on's, heads, cam, and a maxed out blower. Then you gotta spend the coin to get the damn thing cool. Hell in stock form the things suffers from extreme heat soak. Why else would you think a 580hp car is trapping 113mph. Cant say its due to weight cause the 392 weighs the same and runs that mph with 110 less hp. I suggest you do your research.

Lets just say the ZL1 does make the same ho mod for mod. You think its somehow gonna lose the weight it has over the GT500?

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Last time I saw it it had drag radials on it. The term "street tires" is used very loosely down here and if someone says that's what they are on you can bet its at least a drag radial. No telling what else is done to it cause it's all about the hustle even if this was a free race.

So you're trying to tell me that it's almost maxed out from the factory? One look on SVT will tell you cause he posted it when I posted the video above. We're those cars trapping that with weight reduction like the evolution gt500?

Yeah my friend is from Shreveport and its a H/C LS2 that made 492rwhp. He's upgrading th clutch and doing a few other little things and should be back in a month or two.

I think the ZL1 has more room to grow and can easily be made to be a force but once again weight is a big issue.

LOL! Stop putting words in my mouth. I know damn well it isnt maxed out. Not even close. Kenne Bell just made over 900rwhp with one on pump gas. I suggest you go on SVTP and search my name and look at my posts. I know everything there is to know about the new 5.8. Ive been following it since the ZL1 was released, already been banned from camaro5 a couple of times for spitting facts. Im telling you now the ZL1 dont have shit for the GT500 stock or mod for mod.

Do yall honestly think the LSA is capable of producing more HP reliably over the 5.8?? It cant. You factor that fact with the fact the the car is HEAVIER than the Shelby and it should paint a picture clear as day for you.

Thats a DAMN IMPRESSIVE running LS2!!!

kennyxg
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Not even close. It takes a $13k package to make what the GT500 makes with a pulley and bolt on's. The GT500 will top 700rwhp with the stock blower and bolt ons. The LSA needs full bolt on's, heads, cam, and a maxed out blower. Then you gotta spend the coin to get the damn thing cool. Hell in stock form the things suffers from extreme heat soak. Why else would you think a 580hp car is trapping 113mph. Cant say its due to weight cause the 392 weighs the same and runs that mph with 110 less hp. I suggest you do your research.

Lets just say the ZL1 does make the same ho mod for mod. You think its somehow gonna lose the weight it has over the GT500?They need to quit hating and buy one .. no comparison,:judge:

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 09:08 PM

Lets just say the ZL1 does make the same ho mod for mod. You think its somehow gonna lose the weight it has over the GT500?

You read to much internet bs. I don't need a $13k package to show the gt500 taillights with a ZL. Are you forgetting both have been within .2 from these shop cars.....and the GT500 popped do it.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 09:09 PM
They need to quit hating and buy one .. no comparison,:judge:

:nod: :nod: :nod:

The ZL1 guys are really starting to crack me up. I love the Lingenpocket Lifter 700 RWHP package.

Camaro 378 CID ZL1 Supercharged Engine Package - 700+ HP | Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/camaro-gen-5-2010-2012/camaro-zl1-2012/camaro-378-cid-zl1-supercharged-engine-packag)

$12K Plus for 704 RWHP.

Uh, we made 691 RWHP with less than $1,400.00 through stock exhaust.

Revan Racing Stage 13-6 JLT Carbon Fiber Intake, Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner - Revan Racing, Inc. (http://www.revanracing.com/products/revan-racing-stage-13-6-jlt-carbon-fiber-intake-throttle-body-tune-and-tuner.html)

691rwhp and with just cai,tune,and throttle body!! no headers or pulley!!!

Then that 704rwhp ZL1 was a freak. Even the shop guys said they typically hit about 650 with that package. The "700" number is BHP.

623 rear wheel horsepower 617 rear wheel lbs ft of torque

Package Includes:
- Engine removal & removal of supercharger assembly, cylinder heads, camshaft
- Lingenfelter CNC porting & polishing of ZL1 LSA cylinder heads for optimal flow
- 2.165” diameter hollow stem intake valves
- 1.59” diameter high temperature Inconel exhaust valves
- Lingenfelter multi-angle valve job, cc chambers, surfacing & spring height adjustment
- Competition Cams valve springs, titanium retainers, 10 degree locks
- Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft by Competition Cams 215/247 .629/.656 121 CL
- GM Head gaskets & head bolts
- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley - powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout
- Lingenfelter air intake duct
- K & N Air Filter
- Lingenfelter 10% overdrive harmonic balancer
- 63 lbs/hour fuel injectors
- 160 degree thermostat
- Professional installation, camshaft degreeing & testing
- Engine testing & expert ECM tuning
- Chassis dyno testing before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity
- Lingenfelter 2 year/ 24,000 mile warranty

Package price – $11,245.00

$11k+ to basically get a ZL1 to make STOCK GT500 numbers LMAO

usnfenix
08-22-2012, 09:14 PM

i really dont see this man. dont get me wrong i love chevy just as much as ford and my project cars will always be chevys but the zl1 stock for stock is already pretty far behind, i mean look a 5.0 gt just took one out. start modding both the 13'gt500 and the zl1 and if your talking about same mods to both cars its over, gt500 all day. sitting with 100 more hp theres no way the same mods will close that gap for zl1. the only way is if you throw simple bolt ons to the gt500 talking near stock and throw bigger serious power adders to the zl1, but thats like comparing a civic with POS fart can to a f body with a 150 shot and high stall. and no one takes that race seriously. sorry man but some of you hardcore chevy guys need to realize that GM isnt the sole producer of "fast" cars. that theres more than just the camaro out there and it certainly isnt king anymore.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
You read to much internet bs. I don't need a $13k package to show the gt500 taillights with a ZL. Are you forgetting both have been within .2 from these shop cars.....and the GT500 popped do it.

I read about ur car on the internet. Guess thats bullshit too...

usnfenix
08-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't need a $13k package to show the gt500 taillights with a ZL.

and the gt500 doesnt need anything to show taillights to a zl1, it already does. nuff said.

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 09:34 PM
:nod: :nod: :nod:

691rwhp and with just cai,tune,and throttle body!! no headers or pulley!!!

Then that 704rwhp ZL1 was a freak. Even the shop guys said they typically hit about 650 with that package. The "700" number is BHP.

623 rear wheel horsepower 617 rear wheel lbs ft of torque

Package Includes:
- Engine removal & removal of supercharger assembly, cylinder heads, camshaft
- Lingenfelter CNC porting & polishing of ZL1 LSA cylinder heads for optimal flow
- 2.165 diameter hollow stem intake valves
- 1.59 diameter high temperature Inconel exhaust valves
- Lingenfelter multi-angle valve job, cc chambers, surfacing & spring height adjustment
- Competition Cams valve springs, titanium retainers, 10 degree locks
- Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft by Competition Cams 215/247 .629/.656 121 CL
- GM Head gaskets & head bolts
- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley - powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout
- Lingenfelter air intake duct
- K & N Air Filter
- Lingenfelter 10% overdrive harmonic balancer
- 63 lbs/hour fuel injectors
- 160 degree thermostat
- Professional installation, camshaft degreeing & testing
- Engine testing & expert ECM tuning
- Chassis dyno testing before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity
- Lingenfelter 2 year/ 24,000 mile warranty

Package price $11,245.00

$11k+ to basically get a ZL1 to make STOCK GT500 numbers LMAO
I don't buy packages...I make my own shit.
i really dont see this man. dont get me wrong i love chevy just as much as ford and my project cars will always be chevys but the zl1 stock for stock is already pretty far behind, i mean look a 5.0 gt just took one out. start modding both the 13'gt500 and the zl1 and if your talking about same mods to both cars its over, gt500 all day. sitting with 100 more hp theres no way the same mods will close that gap for zl1. the only way is if you throw simple bolt ons to the gt500 talking near stock and throw bigger serious power adders to the zl1, but thats like comparing a civic with POS fart can to a f body with a 150 shot and high stall. and no one takes that race seriously. sorry man but some of you hardcore chevy guys need to realize that GM isnt the sole producer of "fast" cars. that theres more than just the camaro out there and it certainly isnt king anymore.
There is something you guys are not thinking of once full builds start on these car. The Ford can't get to 400+ cubic inches. That alone with the blower to feed it and it's over for the gt500. The first mod for the zl should be a bigger blower. The ZL has more room to grow. The gt500 has 5psi more boost from the factory, 5psi more on the ZL closes the gap big time. Keep in mind all these mods would/should be done with pump gas in mind, that's what most of us run.
Maybe so ....:bs:

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 09:35 PM
and the gt500 doesnt need anything to show taillights to a zl1, it already does. nuff said.

That's great if you leave them stock.....if not you won't have enuff.

kennyxg
08-22-2012, 09:40 PM
That's great if you leave them stock.....if not you won't have enuff.Zl1 is way out classed. rivles your car in trap speed bone stock.:judge:

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't buy packages...I make my own shit.

There is something you guys are not thinking of once full builds start on these car. The Ford can't get to 400+ cubic inches. That alone with the blower to feed it and it's over for the gt500. :

Ok throw out price. You throw on those exact mods yourself and youre not gonna magically make more power. Maybe 30hp +/- depending on dyno. All that shit just to make near STOCK GT500 power?

Yet you can throw a tune,tb, and cai on the GT500 and make almost 700rwhp??

Its no comaprison.

Im pretty sure there are PLENTY of 5.xL mod motors out there that make a SHIT TON more power than a lot of big ci LSX's. Correct me if im wrong but isnt it a Ford GT that holds the standing mile record?

Im not saying that they do make more than a lsx but i am saying they can make as much.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Zl1 is way out classed. rivles your car in trap speed bone stock.:judge:

Exactly. Hio, what would you do to a ZL1 stock from a roll?? Hmmm....

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Zl1 is way out classed. rivles your car in trap speed bone stock.:judge:

And it should with 257 more hp than my engine was rated at. Think about that....and it(gt500) weighs 800lb more. As far as I'm concerned it's still under performing for the power it has.

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Exactly. Hio, what would you do to a ZL1 stock from a roll?? Hmmm....

It would rape it. But if I had the ZL for a while those tables would turn quickly. My buddy's 12 Camaro SS ran a 12.9@111. I don't know why the Zl's are not performing better. The Cts-v's get to the 10's pretty easy. There is no reason Why the ZL should'nt do the same.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 09:57 PM
It would rape it..

Thanks thats all i needed to hear.

But i do agree with almost everything else u said. Ive been saying for a while that something is up with these cars. GM has yet to say what that mysterious QC hold was about.

kennyxg
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=HioSSilver;16649470]And it should with 257 more hp than my engine was rated at. Think about that....and it(gt500) weighs 800lb

88lx418
08-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Not always. One good flying lap don't get it done in the road race world. If they were at the same power levels it would be seconds difference in favor of the ZL. I can also find that 80hp difference easier than you can make the Gt500 handle with the ZL.

Some of you need to put the magazines down, real world here in 3...2...1....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVTU5r5sK9E&list=UU8eceJVeRMVV6gROtON007A&index=2&feature=plcphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hc1U-FgNik&list=UU8eceJVeRMVV6gROtON007A&index=1&feature=plcp

Some others might want to check the sales too, the Mustang took that over back in April or May and hasn't looked back

wbt
08-22-2012, 10:12 PM
That's great if you leave them stock.....if not you won't have enuff.

Are you a closet homosexual too? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Now for speculation.....let's say I take my 2012 bolt-on 5.0 (stock long block):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdM2fQ4UKvU

....and add a 2.3 TVS onto it (which is sitting in the garage waiting to go on), how bad do you think I am going to spank the ZL1 and the GT500?

I can't wait to line up against either at the track. :devil:

usnfenix
08-22-2012, 10:13 PM
(gt500) weighs 800lb more. As far as I'm concerned it's still under performing for the power it has.

and so is the gt500. all the new mustangs are underrated. factory tune is conservative and garbage. take the 11-13 5.0, with a tune and x pipe and radials these cars are hitting high 11's. now take the gt500 with same mods and tune. sorry man but the zl1 is way outdone and some people need to wake up and realize that. ford finally outdid chevy omg i know its a shocker lets get over it. the zl1 was built for a ROAD course, auto x and such. GM spent so much on the ZR1 corvette and the new c7 turd that they had much less money than anticipated for the zl1 project. so it got downgraded. its over man, the ss was the king back in the day and was putting the hurt on the mustang but now roles have reversed once again. not to say it will stay like this forever but its fords time again. not to mention GM is headed for another bailout here pretty soon, another reason why there cars are slacking lately. and if you are in denial about the 13' gt500 wait untill the body and motor changes again here in a year and ford puts even more power into their gt500.

in the end it should come down to just this:
they are both nice cars, if your road race and auto X, buy a zl1, cant go wrong.

if you drag race and street race, buy a gt500, youll never look back (at the zl1 in your mirror.)

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 10:16 PM

Now for speculation.....let's say I take my 2012 bolt-on 5.0 (stock long block):

....and add a 2.3 TVS onto it (which is sitting in the garage waiting to go on), how bad do you think I am going to spank the ZL1 and the GT500?

So is this your car.....or are you talking out your ass like ohio did with his bolt-on 5.0?

why87
08-22-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry. I like ZL1s and all, but they're a pile of dogshit next to a GT500. But the GT500is a pile of dogshit next to a ZR1 (albeit 60k less) so it's ok.

GotHemi?
08-22-2012, 10:20 PM

:jest::jest::jest: Love the words at the end!!! Bad Ass pass!!! Not bad for a litto 5.0.

What are ya mods???

usnfenix
I'm sorry. I like ZL1s and all, but they're a pile of dogshit next to a GT500. But the GT500is a pile of dogshit next to a ZR1 (albeit 60k less) so it's ok.

EXACTLY

theres always something faster and in this case it happens to be the gt500. some people just dont quite understand the camaro is not at the top of every automotive food chain. other cars do exist....

HioSSilver
and so is the gt500. all the new mustangs are underrated. factory tune is conservative and garbage. take the 11-13 5.0, with a tune and x pipe and radials these cars are hitting high 11's. now take the gt500 with same mods and tune. sorry man but the zl1 is way outdone and some people need to wake up and realize that. ford finally outdid chevy omg i know its a shocker lets get over it. the zl1 was built for a ROAD course, auto x and such. GM spent so much on the ZR1 corvette and the new c7 turd that they had much less money than anticipated for the zl1 project. so it got downgraded. its over man, the ss was the king back in the day and was putting the hurt on the mustang but now roles have reversed once again. not to say it will stay like this forever but its fords time again. not to mention GM is headed for another bailout here pretty soon, another reason why there cars are slacking lately. and if you are in denial about the 13' gt500 wait untill the body and motor changes again here in a year and ford puts even more power into their gt500.

in the end it should come down to just this:
they are both nice cars, if your road race and auto X, buy a zl1, cant go wrong.

if you drag race and street race, buy a gt500, youll never look back (at the zl1 in your mirror.)

I think Ford has done a great job recently with alot of their cars. But if I'm gonna buy one of these 2 as a toy to mod. I can guarantee you mine will out perform a GT500. Both cars are fast, the Gt500 is faster. But the ls platform has more room to grow and a better chassis to do it in.

1_MEANZ28
08-22-2012, 10:21 PM
its sad theirs alot of bad drivers out their in the youtube world,people see outcomes of races and think very diffrently to the facts. fact is ford sucks

usnfenix
08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
its sad theirs alot of bad drivers out their in the youtube world,people see outcomes of races and think very diffrently to the facts. fact is ford sucks

so every zl1 that has lost to a gt500 is because of a bad driver? nothing to do with the 100 more hp? sounds like ricer excuses to me...

why87
08-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I think Ford has done a great job recently with alot of their cars. But if I'm gonna buy one of these 2 as a toy to mod. I can guarantee you mine will out perform a GT500. Both cars are fast, the Gt500 is faster. But the ls platform has more room to grow and a better chassis to do it in.

One aspect I do agree with, is that the Ls has more room to grow; to a certain extent. Much more aftermarket support and parts interchangeability for the LS. But the GT500's forged internals make it so much easier to make stupid power without tearing the motor apart. I know, I know...the stock cast LS rotating assembly is still stout, but it can't touch forged parts.

Chassis wise I'm not sure what to think. Because the Boss can hand the ZL1 it's ass on a twisty track, but the ZL1 has been shown to beat the GT500 and vice-versa???

usnfenix
08-22-2012, 10:29 PM

i understand this and no ones going to buy one and leave it stock. the point has been doing the same mods to both the gt500 will still win. you say you will beat a gt500 if you own one well ok, what about the gt500 you race? what if hes not stock and has mods as well? the gap isnt as closed as you think. at the end of the day it really comes down to money. anybody with a million bucks can make even a geo metro blow the goddam doors off a buggati. its all about having fun with what you chose and as long as YOU like it. as i said in another thread theres always that neighborhood douche whos going to pour his whole paycheck into his car and one day beat you. as long as your happy with your shit who the hell cares.

1_MEANZ28
08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
so every zl1 that has lost to a gt500 is because of a bad driver? nothing to do with the 100 more hp? sounds like ricer excuses to me...
there are also numerous videos of zl1's spanking some pony ass.and the zl1's that have lost are counted

wbt
08-22-2012, 10:42 PM
So is this your car.....or are you talking out your ass like ohio did with his bolt-on 5.0?

Yes that is my car. Click into my channel and you will find many more vids at the track with my 2011 and 2012 5.0's.

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 10:43 PM
One aspect I do agree with, is that the Ls has more room to grow; to a certain extent. Much more aftermarket support and parts interchangeability for the LS. But the GT500's forged internals make it so much easier to make stupid power without tearing the motor apart. I know, I know...the stock cast LS rotating assembly is still stout, but it can't touch forged parts.

Chassis wise I'm not sure what to think. Because the Boss can hand the ZL1 it's ass on a twisty track, but the ZL1 has been shown to beat the GT500 and vice-versa???

The thing is the Ford is gonna need a alternative fuel or meth before the ZL will. Ford needed to go forged because like the old mod motors just are'nt that strong. One of the "shop" gt500 has blown. Sure it was fast, but it has to be fast and hold up.

The zl bitch slapps the LS Boss on a road coarse....so does the 1le. I don't know where you come up with the Boss winning on a rc.

kewlv8
08-22-2012, 10:44 PM

To a simple mind, 6.2>5.8, ZOMG, LSA is great. Don't talk about forged vs. cast, 32V, etc.... Keep in simple.

Hi Ho Silver, Away.....

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/ul/2397-Stiller-SimpleJack.jpg

wbt
08-22-2012, 10:44 PM
:jest::jest::jest: Love the words at the end!!! Bad Ass pass!!! Not bad for a litto 5.0.

What are ya mods???

Thanks!

If you look at the video description or click the More info in the upper right it will bring up the list. :)

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes that is my car. Click into my channel and you will find many more vids at the track with my 2011 and 2012 5.0's.

Good job with it. Finally a 5.0 that lives up to what ohio yakks about.

wbt
08-22-2012, 10:52 PM
The thing is the Ford is gonna need a alternative fuel or meth before the ZL will. Ford needed to go forged because like the old mod motors just are'nt that strong. One of the "shop" gt500 has blown. Sure it was fast, but it has to be fast and hold up.

The zl bitch slapps the LS Boss on a road coarse....so does the 1le. I don't know where you come up with the Boss winning on a rc.

So that "shop" car was making close to 1000HP on the stock long block. Do you expect a non-forged LSA to do the same?

Why is the Ford gonna need alternative fuel or meth before? How do you quantify that?

You really have no clue when it comes to Ford's. The modular motors are some of the strongest engines Ford has made.

You are making shit up now. Camaro5 would be honored to have a member like you.:nod:

wbt
08-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Good job with it. Finally a 5.0 that lives up to what ohio yakks about.

There are plenty of bolt-on 5.0's that run great:

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/bolt-2011-2013-mustang-gt-5-a-185818/

WSSICK99
08-22-2012, 11:00 PM
if you can't drive your car don't bother racing lol

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 11:06 PM
So that "shop" car was making close to 1000HP on the stock long block. Do you expect a non-forged LSA to do the same?

Why is the Ford gonna need alternative fuel or meth before? How do you quantify that?

You really have no clue when it comes to Ford's. The modular motors are some of the strongest engines Ford has made.

You are making shit up now. Camaro5 would be honored to have a member like you.:nod:
Yes I do. The ford is smaller and running more boost, it's gonna need a fuel first. I have seen multiple n/a mod motors huffing anti freeze at the dragstrip, my ford termi motor is blown up right now. The mod motors are probably the strongest motors ford ever mad.......and that's not saying much.

wbt
08-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes I do. The ford is smaller and running more boost, it's gonna need a fuel first. I have seen multiple n/a mod motors huffing anti freeze at the dragstrip, my ford termi motor is blown up right now. The mod motors are probably the strongest motors ford ever mad.......and that's not saying much.

Sounds like you have no idea what you are doing. I have seen plenty of them at the track myself. I have yet to see a single common mod motor failure due to a poor design. What I do see are plenty of failures when idiots get involved regardless of brand.

...and saying the Ford needs fuel first is a compliment to what it is able to achieve on factory parts. It doesn't matter that it is smaller CI or running more boost. That isn't even a valid point. You pulley and add an aggressive tune to the LSA and guess what, you are going to have to run more octane and will still be behind the GT500 with the same mods done.

You can't come up with a single valid anything in your arguments. :gtfo:

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 11:37 PM
You just keep trying to argue the truth. I did'nt build my Ford....Ford did, so that blow your excuse for that right out the window.

Now my ls6 on the other hand has been alive for 80k worth of abuse. Kinda a blows me not knowing what I'm doin out the window too. Not to mention the last 6 times to the track has had a new best in et or mph or both. Seems to keep getting stronger.

Detoxx03
08-22-2012, 11:46 PM
LOL! Stop putting words in my mouth. I know damn well it isnt maxed out. Not even close. Kenne Bell just made over 900rwhp with one on pump gas. I suggest you go on SVTP and search my name and look at my posts. I know everything there is to know about the new 5.8. Ive been following it since the ZL1 was released, already been banned from camaro5 a couple of times for spitting facts. Im telling you now the ZL1 dont have shit for the GT500 stock or mod for mod.

Do yall honestly think the LSA is capable of producing more HP reliably over the 5.8?? It cant. You factor that fact with the fact the the car is HEAVIER than the Shelby and it should paint a picture clear as day for you.

Thats a DAMN IMPRESSIVE running LS2!!!

I asked you a question so therefore not putting words in your mouth. I don't care about none of that shit you read on either site cause they both make me laugh. You need to learn more about the 6.2 if you think it's that limited.

wbt
08-22-2012, 11:51 PM
You just keep trying to argue the truth. I did'nt build my Ford....Ford did, so that blow your excuse for that right out the window.

Now my ls6 on the other hand has been alive for 80k worth of abuse. Kinda a blows me not knowing what I'm doin out the window too.

No it doesn't....anyone can build a motor and put it in a car. How does that constitute the LSx being a better motor?

I built a 11 sec. N/A Foxbody out of a junkyard with a 60K mile 302. I never had an issue with that motor and ran the piss out of it. Much weaker engine than any mod motor Ford has produced.

The only argument you have is, "The LSx is a stronger motor 'cause I said so." . That doesn't hold an ounce of worth.

What mods were done to the Cobra before you blew it up?

What times have you run at the track with your "mighty" LS6? N/A or power adder? Time slip or video?

Ron White said it best...."You can't fix stupid.".

evangto87
08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
heres a big factor no one has talked about...that is a very important factor... Combustion chamber design. If we are building 2 all out cars that have to stay pump gas with no meth... my vote is gt500.. The modular cylinder head design has always (and i was a chevy guy and still agreed with this) been far better under boost as far as detonation is concerned. You will be able to get more power out of the gt500 before detonation issues occur. Again, this is pump gas no meth....

Either way. In stock form the zl1 failed... in after market terms, sure it can be built fast. But who wants to buy a 55+k car just to build it into a race car.

HioSSilver
08-22-2012, 11:59 PM
No it doesn't....anyone can build a motor and put it in a car. How does that constitute the LSx being a better motor?

I built a 11 sec. N/A Foxbody out of a junkyard with a 60K mile 302. I never had an issue with that motor and ran the piss out of it. Much weaker engine than any mod motor Ford has produced.

The only argument you have is, "The LSx is a stronger motor 'cause I said so." . That doesn't hold an ounce of worth.

What mods were done to the Cobra before you blew it up?

What times have you run at the track with your "mighty" LS6?

Ron White said it best...."You can't fix stupid.".

Just a pulley and exhaust on the termi motor. it's in a notch.

The mighty n/a ls6 has went 11.1 @ 130 last time out with all the seats in the car and in street trim on a nitto. I've posted vids and slips on here. The 130 vid is a shitty cell vid. The vid of it goin 11.1 @126.xx is good.

There is no doubt the lsx is stronger/more powerful than a mod motor. That's why companies make k-members to put them in a ford and not the other way around. You should work on fixing stupid if you can't figure that one out on your own.

bamaballa205
08-23-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm just hoping that the ZL1 is de-tuned significantly from the factory. I've seen pulley swapped CTS-V's putting a hurting on Base Vettes. Haven't seen a ZL1 win a race yet.

On paper the CTS is faster, but I'll like to see them run for real.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:01 AM
I asked you a question so therefore not putting words in your mouth. I don't care about none of that shit you read on either site cause they both make me laugh. You need to learn more about the 6.2 if you think it's that limited.

6.2? Which 6.2? Im sure you know there is more than one, and everyone has differet limits.

Can a LSA (6.2) make 700+ rwhp? Sure but for how long? Would it last longer than a 5.4 or 5.8 at that level? Not a chance in hell. Are you saying that cast pistons are stronger than forged? Better yet, lets be a little more direct. Are you saying the LSA's pistons are stronger than the 5.8's?

The lsa are stout engines considering they arent forged. Im not taking that from it. I never said it was "that limited". What i am saying is its more limited than either the 5.4 or 5.8.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:06 AM

The mighty n/a ls6 has went 11.1 @ 130 last time out with all the seats in the car and in street trim on a nitto. I've posted vids and slips on here. The 130 vid is a shitty cell vid. The vid of it goin 11.1 @126.xx is good.

There no doubt the lsx is stronger/more powerful than a mod motor. That's why companies make k-members to put them in a ford and not the other way around. You should work on fixing stupid if you can't figure that one out on your own.

So based off your et his little bolt on 5.0 would be a hell of a race against your big ci tin can lsx?? Lol

wbt
08-23-2012, 12:06 AM

You didn't answer my question. N/A or on the bottle?

I found some post that you claimed the race weight was 3,200lbs. I have 300+lbs. on your car, ran quicker and it is N/A. Yes it was run in 1,400+' DA. Hmmmm...... These Fords sure are shitty.

"Just a pulley". That also equates to a tune. Was it getting enough fuel? What was the cause? There is much more to the story I guarantee it.

I don't need a large CI motor to hide my inadequacies.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:09 AM
there are also numerous videos of zl1's spanking some pony ass.and the zl1's that have lost are counted

Oh really??? Care to post up the numerous videos you speak of??

Yes it beat a LS Boss but it was far from a bitch slap. As for the 1LE, show me one review/test of the car much less a head to head comparison against the Boss...

I hav a feeling both of you are pulling this out of your asses. I could be wrong tho. Lol

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:14 AM
So based off your et his little bolt on 5.0 would be a hell of a race against your big ci tin can lsx?? Lol
My car is no tin can. His may be though.....and did you see the mph difference?? I would be freight training that thing at the end. My 60 a high 1.7 vs his 1.5....You should really think before you type.
You didn't answer my question. N/A or on the bottle?

I found some post that you claimed the race weight was 3,200lbs. I have 300+lbs. on your car, ran quicker and it is N/A. Yes it was run in 1,400+' DA. Hmmmm...... These Fords sure are shitty.

"Just a pulley". That also equates to a tune. Was it getting enough fuel? What was the cause? There is much more to the story I guarantee it.

I don't need a large CI motor to hide my inadequacies.
My car is n/a.... Look at the post you quoted. I ran that in street trim....with all my seats. On a 60 .2 slower. Don't make dumbass excuses about your complicated little motor. Your 6 mph slower than a 10 year old engine.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:19 AM
My car is no tin can. His may be though.....and did you see the mph difference?? I would be freight training that thing at the end. My 60 a high 1.7 vs his 1.5....You should really think before you type.

I should think before i type?? Youre talkin all this sixty foot bullshit and what you would be doing on the big end when fact is a 11.0 beats a 11.1. Period. Of course i seen the mph difference. Wtf does that have with it being a hell of a race??? Even tho ur trapping 5mph higher your car is shits outta the hole. What does that equal?? A photo finish...

MPH doesnt win races at the dragstrip.

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:21 AM

Yes it beat a LS Boss but it was far from a bitch slap. As for the 1LE, show me one review/test of the car much less a head to head comparison against the Boss...

I hav a feeling both of you are pulling this out of your asses. I could be wrong tho. Lol

It was a mighty bitch slap......more like a punch to the snatch. The 1le was 4 sec faster than a boss ls around VIR. I can't wait for a more accurate comparison test on those 2. It's should be good, but I do wish they would've upped the power a little on the 1le.

http://youtu.be/uwuIjr_zKkE

The 130 vid is on my fb and you can't read the et/mph.

wbt
08-23-2012, 12:21 AM

My car is n/a.... Look at the post you quoted. I ran that in street trim....with all my seats. On a 60 .2 slower. Don't make dumbass excuses about your complicated little motor. Your 6 mph slower than a 10 year old engine.

Hahaha...don't play yourself to be full weight/full interior jackass:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/16447392-post14.html

Is your car 11.49 and below legal? Mine is. It also has all the creature comforts like stereo, A/C, power windows/locks.

What head, cam, and intake work do you have done to your LS6? I guarantee it isn't a stock long block like I am running.

Link that 11.1@130 time slip or did you conveniently mis-place it?

I see from the vid you were running in negative D/A and skinnies with drag radials on the back. Not my fault you can't hook up. Looks like you need to learn how to setup a suspension.

I was running in +1,400' DA. Pretty sad my N/A stock long block 5.0 that weights 300+lbs. more runs as well if not better than your car.

Your time corrected to SL looks like:
~11.236 @ 125.034

My time corrected to SL looks like:
~10.829 @ 126.232

I wonder just how far into the 10's I could go with -862 DA like you ran in.....

You have earned a big F.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:22 AM

Really throwing age out there?? Im pretty sure they have some engines out there that are 40-50 years older than yours that trap much more mph.

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:26 AM
I should think before i type?? Youre talkin all this sixty foot bullshit and what you would be doing on the big end when fact is a 11.0 beats a 11.1. Period. Of course i seen the mph difference. Wtf does that have with it being a hell of a race??? Even tho ur trapping 5mph higher your car is shits outta the hole. What does that equal?? A photo finish...

MPH doesnt win races at the dragstrip.

I'm fine with that. I don't have a drag car. I have a street car. The only reason why it don't et better is the axles keep breaking on the 10 bolt. I have a fab 9 to put in it then it will drive right into the 10's. If you noticed in the vid it spun hard enough to get sideways and for me to pedal it.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:27 AM
It was a mighty bitch slap......more like a punch to the snatch. The 1le was 4 sec faster than a boss ls around VIR. I can't wait for a more accurate comparison test on those 2. It's should be good, but I do wish they would've upped the power a little on the 1le.

Seems like youre spitting some of that good old internet BULLSHIT!!! The fuckin ZL1 beat the Boss by like 2 seconds!!! That was a HEAD to HEAD comparison. You have yet to provide any PROOF of this 1LE shit. Show me documented proof of its times. Also are you really comparing the time of the 1LE to a time that a Boss ran with different drivers on different days??

Sooo the 1LE is 4 seconds faster but the ZL1 is only 2??? Wow great job GM...

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Really throwing age out there?? Im pretty sure they have some engines out there that are 40-50 years older than yours that trap much more mph.

Probally so....just think how bad that makes the brand new 5.0 look too. Open mouth and insert foot.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm fine with that. I don't have a drag car. I have a street car. The only reason why it don't et better is the axles keep breaking on the 10 bolt. I have a fab 9 to put in it then it will drive right into the 10's. If you noticed in the vid it spun hard enough to get sideways and for me to pedal it.

If if was a 5th we would all be drunk.

The mph shows its a EASY 10 sec CAPABLE car. But the ET shows that you would lose to that litto 5.0 thats trapping 5mph slower.

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Seems like youre spitting some of that good old internet BULLSHIT!!! The fuckin ZL1 beat the Boss by like 2 seconds!!! That was a HEAD to HEAD comparison. You have yet to provide any PROOF of this 1LE shit. Show me documented proof of its times. Also are you really comparing the time of the 1LE to a time that a Boss ran with different drivers on different days??

Sooo the 1LE is 4 seconds faster but the ZL1 is only 2??? Wow great job GM...

http://youtu.be/eVIi5fR3PuM

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Probally so....just think how bad that makes the brand new 5.0 look too. Open mouth and insert foot.

Lmao. Wow. Never knew the age of an engine was the measuring stick of the mph it puts up.

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:33 AM
If if was a 5th we would all be drunk.

The mph shows its a EASY 10 sec CAPABLE car. But the ET shows that you would lose to that litto 5.0 thats trapping 5mph slower.

6mph slower. Just a traction issue. I doubt his car was in a way he could/would dd it. All that makes a difference. If you notice....of which I'm sure you did'nt he was talking about goin fo a nhra record. Probably not his dd like mine is.

Besides I've got a little more powa now ;)

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Lmao. Wow. Never knew the age of an engine was the measuring stick of the mph it puts up.

Apparently is was to you or you would not have commented on 40-50 year old engines.

wbt
08-23-2012, 12:37 AM
6mph slower. Just a traction issue. I doubt his car was in a way he could/would dd it. All that makes a difference. If you notice....of which I'm sure you did'nt he was talking about goin fo a nhra record. Probably not his dd like mine is.

Besides I've got a little more powa now ;)

It damn sure is DD capable. Sitting in my driveway with factory wheels and tires on it and it is legally registered and will pass emissions as I am running cats. A race car it is not.

BTW - what NHRA record am I shooting for? This is news to me. You know more about me than I do.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:43 AM
http://youtu.be/eVIi5fR3PuM

Finally. Thank you. Thats an impressive time, but until its a head to head test ill take it with a grain of salt. GM has no credibility when releasing its own videos. These are the same guys that claimed a 1.6 60foot and 11sec pass on stock rubber that was a complete LIE! Obviously the car ran tge time but how do we know it wasnt a ringer? What tires did they use?

Check out the times for LS.

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt64/Robert0685/5DD7FD6E-2D4E-48CF-B02B-7A4329774C5F-6788-0000033F4099375D.jpg

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt64/Robert0685/423C6EF4-9E6F-407A-BC40-9434B9952391-6788-0000033F3CE5DB72.jpg

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Apparently is was to you or you would not have commented on 40-50 year old engines.

Lmao i was just showing how irrelevant the age of an engine was.

Detoxx03
08-23-2012, 12:54 AM
6.2? Which 6.2? Im sure you know there is more than one, and everyone has differet limits.

Can a LSA (6.2) make 700+ rwhp? Sure but for how long? Would it last longer than a 5.4 or 5.8 at that level? Not a chance in hell. Are you saying that cast pistons are stronger than forged? Better yet, lets be a little more direct. Are you saying the LSA's pistons are stronger than the 5.8's?

The lsa are stout engines considering they arent forged. Im not taking that from it. I never said it was "that limited". What i am saying is its more limited than either the 5.4 or 5.8.

The LSA obviously since that's what we are talking about. I'm sure it can make more than 700 with no problems since the LS3's have been doing it for years. To your point though of course it's not gonna be as stout as the 5.8 because one is forged and one isn't. I wish GM would have forged the damn thing and put the 2.3 on it and gave it a 3800 curb weight or at least 4000lb but with forged internals and a 2.3 it would step on the ZR1's toes just a little so it's whatever.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 01:02 AM
The LSA obviously since that's what we are talking about. I'm sure it can make more than 700 with no problems since the LS3's have been doing it for years. To your point though of course it's not gonna be as stout as the 5.8 because one is forged and one isn't. I wish GM would have forged the damn thing and put the 2.3 on it and gave it a 3800 curb weight or at least 4000lb but with forged internals and a 2.3 it would step on the ZR1's toes just a little so it's whatever.

I just think they should have threw the LS9 in the Zl1. Even then it would be a tad slower being that its down around 30hp and weighs about 200 more but it would have been a whole hell of a lot closer. On the road course tho it would have ripped the Shelby apart. The SS shares the same engine as a base vette and look at the difference in performance. I see no reason why they couldnt put a LS9 in the ZL1, it wouldnt have been stepping on the ZR1 with its current weight.

i2disturbedSS
08-23-2012, 01:03 AM
:corn:

usnfenix
08-23-2012, 01:38 AM

spanking some gt500? please show me these numerous videos of a 2013 shelby being beaten at the drag strip by a zl1. and one blurry youtube video doesnt count. now if your talking zl1 vs a regular gt 5.0 like mine then of course i would expect the zl1 to win, has more power and torque than a base gt. in no way am i trying to put out that my 13' gt would beat a zl1, the OP video is a true case of a bad driver. i will continue to stand however that the gt500 spanks the hell out of the zl1 and most everyone here has been arguing that.

Heater
08-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Hio doesn't fail to deliver :burn:

ohioborn80
08-23-2012, 05:23 AM

How would you frieght train him? He runs 11.00 and you ran 11.1. So in a drag race at the track he would actually be winning. He don't street race. But also funny you claim your 130 trap but never had it in sign before changed it. Tells me you thought it was BS. Since you had everything else listed.

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 06:16 AM
I just think they should have threw the LS9 in the Zl1. Even then it would be a tad slower being that its down around 30hp and weighs about 200 more but it would have been a whole hell of a lot closer. On the road course tho it would have ripped the Shelby apart. The SS shares the same engine as a base vette and look at the difference in performance. I see no reason why they couldnt put a LS9 in the ZL1, it wouldnt have been stepping on the ZR1 with its current weight.
x2
How would you frieght train him? He runs 11.00 and you ran 11.1. So in a drag race at the track he would actually be winning. He don't street race. But also funny you claim your 130 trap but never had it in sign before changed it. Tells me you thought it was BS. Since you had everything else listed.

So your telling me you would trade 6mph in trap for .1 in et???? I did not have it in my sig because that trap did not come with my best et.....and I know how you love et......lmao
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/HioSSilver/IMAG0173.jpg

ohioborn80
08-23-2012, 07:02 AM
x2

So your telling me you would trade 6mph in trap for .1 in et???? I did not have it in my sig because that trap did not come with my best et.....and I know how you love et......lmao
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/HioSSilver/IMAG0173.jpg

So you gained 33mph on the back half. On a stock ls6..sounds fishy to me.

Mike Morris
08-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Sounds like you have no idea what you are doing. I have seen plenty of them at the track myself. """"" I have yet to see a single common mod motor failure due to a poor design"""""". What I do see are plenty of failures when idiots get involved regardless of brand.

...and saying the Ford needs fuel first is a compliment to what it is able to achieve on factory parts. It doesn't matter that it is smaller CI or running more boost. That isn't even a valid point. You pulley and add an aggressive tune to the LSA and guess what, you are going to have to run more octane and will still be behind the GT500 with the same mods done.

You can't come up with a single valid anything in your arguments. :gtfo:

96-98 lower intake manifolds were notorious for cracking. Ford despite pleas never warrantied it. Have seen 99 and up ones crack at the track too. Coil pack design and location are a joke especially-many fail when water gets on them Pistons and rings in the 03-04 over rated bottom ends of Cobras were terrible in regards to heat soak issues. Seen many stock or near stock fail. Many people claim you cant run WOT in 5th gear due to it. Lets not forget about the 03 ticking heads. There were a lot more problems with mod motors too in terms of reliabitity and strength. I won't even get into the 5.4s :(

Hahaha...don't play yourself to be full weight/full interior jackass:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/16447392-post14.html

Is your car 11.49 and below legal? Mine is. It also has all the creature comforts like stereo, A/C, power windows/locks.

What head, cam, and intake work do you have done to your LS6? I guarantee it isn't a stock long block like I am running.

Link that 11.1@130 time slip or did you conveniently mis-place it?

I see from the vid you were running in negative D/A and skinnies with drag radials on the back. Not my fault you can't hook up. Looks like you need to learn how to setup a suspension.

I was running in +1,400' DA. Pretty sad my N/A stock long block 5.0 that weights 300+lbs. more runs as well if not better than your car.

Your time corrected to SL looks like:
~11.236 @ 125.034

My time corrected to SL looks like:
~10.829 @ 126.232

I wonder just how far into the 10's I could go with -862 DA like you ran in.....

You have earned a big F.

His car's heads are stock LS6 as is the cam. It now has a ported fast 102 and 102 TB along with 1.8 rockers but unknown what it runs. He runs it with full interior and suspension that is set up for autocross(barf) and its stiff as well. He is not a drag racer. If he didn't have a crappy rear in it(he has a better one) he could launch it harder-joke how he launches it. Plenty of board members saw his car run 11.1 130MPH and examined the car. Whats with the name calling and insults? Grow up and stop the hate.

Heater
08-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Ford didn't warranty the intakes, but if yours split they would replace it with a redesigned one for free under a TSB.

Mike Morris
08-23-2012, 09:14 AM
I didn't know that

Heater
08-23-2012, 09:19 AM
My wife had a 97 GT that the intake split on, and Ford replaced it for free with a redesigned one.

That's how I know.

wbt
08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
96-98 lower intake manifolds were notorious for cracking. Ford despite pleas never warrantied it. Have seen 99 and up ones crack at the track too. Coil pack design and location are a joke especially-many fail when water gets on them Pistons and rings in the 03-04 over rated bottom ends of Cobras were terrible in regards to heat soak issues. Seen many stock or near stock fail. Many people claim you cant run WOT in 5th gear due to it. Lets not forget about the 03 ticking heads. There were a lot more problems with mod motors too in terms of reliabitity and strength. I won't even get into the 5.4s :(

Just like the LSx motors have had oil pump issues and lifter problems. We can go back and forth all day on this. He paints a picture like the LSx engines are God's gift to humanity and anything Ford sucks. That shit doesn't fly.

Whats with the name calling and insults? Grow up and stop the hate.

When he is spewing as much BS as he is, it is going to be questioned and called out. Never take anything at face value just like the times he ran (in negative DA, weight reduction he fails to mention, etc...)

It's OK to be wrong and he has shown to be in this thread multiple times.

2SSARME
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
So you gained 33mph on the back half. On a stock ls6..sounds fishy to me.

Fishy would be a good way to put it.

S8ER95Z
08-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Yep...pretty dishonest guy..
http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1474729-new-best-vid.html
http://ls1tech.com/forums/15646541-post16.html

Never discloses mods or admits to weight reduction... (give me a break.... are you upset he didn't mention it for the 100000 time to you specifically?)

Many of the guys here are completely open about what they run and you can easily find the details in the million threads/posts they have made detailing what they have/have not done to their cars. Just because he didn't collect all of the information and present it to you doesn't make him dishonest... he doesn't owe you anything.

evangto87
08-23-2012, 10:18 AM
are you guys done yet? When we people understand that lap times are nothing more then a sales pitch..

Heres an example: The LS boss lap times were conviently 2 seconds slower then the original bosses testing. And the LS boss comes with COMP tires from the factory. The ZL1 beat the LS boss by 2 seconds on test (when the boss magically was 2 seconds slower). Now the 1LE has beaten it by 4 seconds. Does that mean the 1LE would yank the ZL1 around a track too? Its the same suspension, same chasis, with 160 less hp... and somethow faster? All these track test times are literally just marketing. I pay no attention to it even though others strive off it.

What i do know is that, get in the passenger seat of my car and let me take you down some twisties in the back roads... ill have your eye balls sucked out the side of your head... then tell me all about "test lap times"

Honestly... i hope the ZL1 is legitamately faster then the boss around a track. Im not going to be butt hurt if it is. Hell its such a fail in a straight line it better torch it through the curves. If the ILE is truly 4 seconds faster, then that means its faster then the ZL1. Either way... all these comparisons are paid for sales pitches.... bmw does it, ford does it, chevy does it. I have yet to see any REAL comparisons of the cars.

The only thing i can say in the bosses defense about beating the m3 on the track. It wasnt a one pass wonder where car and driver tested both cars. It was quite literally built at the road course...They started with a 3v GT and worked off that... eventually did the motor swap (which btw most of this cars lap time comes from the motor and its endless ability to rev).

Excessive_GTO
08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
wow zl1 needs a driver mod

Mike Morris
08-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Just like the LSx motors have had oil pump issues and lifter problems. We can go back and forth all day on this. He paints a picture like the LSx engines are God's gift to humanity and anything Ford sucks. That shit doesn't fly.

When he is spewing as much BS as he is, it is going to be questioned and called out. Never take anything at face value just like the times he ran (in negative DA, weight reduction he fails to mention, etc...)

The problems you speak of are LS1 motors which have nothing to do with this thread or your original comment concerning mod motor strength or reliability at the track. I think you are a tad over reacting and getting angry. You are the one that brought your car into the discussion which again had nothing to do with the subject or disagreement you had with him.

He has always mentioned weight reduction and there are threads where he shows what is done and date,time and track. He runs at Mason Dixon which is a shit track(sans two runs at MIR on a test and tune night-he should have went during the day but didn't listen-prep much better). Not sure of the air quality of those runs but most people don't know,care or mention that in their threads. I think again you are over reacting concerning his car. Many of board members worked on his car-there are no secrets. When you examine it-its make sense the way it runs. Lots of weight reduction in terms of rotating and recipicating. No rocket science and no tricks-just hard to spot or not visible(ie holes drilled in axles,lower control arms etc). I looked at it-my car has more power than his and he would punt me off the road so I have no feelings one way or the other. Your car has gone faster than his. Period. You win that argument. Feel better?

I do agree with you a 2013 GT500 is a better car for straights and for power. There is no comparison.

LightningTeg
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
LoL no serious road racer is going to buy a 4000lb pig. They are going to buy a corvette.

ohioborn80
08-23-2012, 10:34 AM

He has creative weight reduction as he calls it. Like wholes cut in and shaved k member.
But yet claims its just as safe as a stock one.

evangto87
08-23-2012, 10:40 AM
yet another thread argued about HIOs car. Ugh

S8ER95Z
08-23-2012, 11:18 AM

They can't all be winners...

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM

this is what I'm sayin. I think I'll put all my mods back in my sig......I got less shit then. lol

it really seems to butt hurt some guys.

evangto87
08-23-2012, 11:29 AM
this is what I'm sayin. I think I'll put all my mods back in my sig......I got less shit then. lol

it really seems to butt hurt some guys.

what does your car trap in mid july weather?

wbt
08-23-2012, 11:33 AM
The problems you speak of are LS1 motors which have nothing to do with this thread or your original comment concerning mod motor strength or reliability at the track.

LS3's have the issue as well.

He has always mentioned weight reduction and there are threads where he shows what is done and date,time and track. He runs at Mason Dixon which is a shit track(sans two runs at MIR on a test and tune night-he should have went during the day but didn't listen-prep much better). Not sure of the air quality of those runs but most people don't know,care or mention that in their threads. I think again you are over reacting concerning his car. Many of board members worked on his car-there are no secrets. When you examine it-its make sense the way it runs. Lots of weight reduction in terms of rotating and recipicating. No rocket science and no tricks-just hard to spot or not visible(ie holes drilled in axles,lower control arms etc). I looked at it-my car has more power than his and he would punt me off the road so I have no feelings one way or the other. Your car has gone faster than his. Period. You win that argument. Feel better?

I asked direct questions which many were sidestepped or ignored. That is what draws out the skepticism. If he has already posted it then link it. Pretty simple. I am not going to spend hours searching for it buried in various locations.

DA plays a huge roll in times. It absolutely should be included when discussing results.

I have run at some shit track myself along with test and tune nights. Traction is never consistent on those days regardless of what track you are running at. The 11.00 pass I made was on a T&T night.

Back OT...

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
what does your car trap in mid july weather?

I don't know. I don't go to the track in mid July. I do this

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/HioSSilver/20120707_105527.jpg

But if it any consolation I do not ice down nor do I or the car like long cool downs. To be honest I don't even like to turn it off on test and tune days. I like to make laps.

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
LS3's have the issue as well.

I asked direct questions which many were sidestepped or ignored. That is what draws out the skepticism. If he has already posted it then link it. Pretty simple. I am not going to spend hours searching for it buried in various locations.

DA plays a huge roll in times. It absolutely should be included when discussing results.

I have run at some shit track myself along with test and tune nights. Traction is never consistent on those days regardless of what track you are running at. The 11.00 pass I made was on a T&T night.

Back OT...
So does track prep and 60'. As you can see in that vid it spun hard enough for me to pedal it. That equals not full throttle for the whole qtr. I don't car to waste my time searching for posts I did months ago. Look for them yourself.

So you've made 1 11.0 hero pass. I've went 11.1 the last 4 times at the track. Damn rear keeps me there.

ohioborn80
08-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Yep...pretty dishonest guy..
http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1474729-new-best-vid.html
http://ls1tech.com/forums/15646541-post16.html

Never discloses mods or admits to weight reduction... (give me a break.... are you upset he didn't mention it for the 100000 time to you specifically?)

Many of the guys here are completely open about what they run and you can easily find the details in the million threads/posts they have made detailing what they have/have not done to their cars. Just because he didn't collect all of the information and present it to you doesn't make him dishonest... he doesn't owe you anything.

It isn't he ran xxx..Its the claims of retarded mods that he see's as stock. Or the fact he says has stock tranny yet its a beefed up faceplanted tranny/. Mise well be an auto. The fact he claims stock suspension yet its been drill/cut etc etc to lighten. Swapped brakes and this and that. Then his car always traps around 126 yet bang one time at track it picks up 33mph on the back half. Yet Odarabla's car don't even pick that up and it runs low 10's N/A and is a h/c and other stuff and makes way more power. His shit don't add up. Yet he makes these claims of times cause they in almost -1000 DA yet tries to compare to cars running in the summer in TX that are still faster then him. How he always bitches about some ones mods yet they are still faster and most have less done them him. Or how he wines when some one uses a gas he didn't use. How it has to be his gas or it don't count.

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't claim stock suspension. All my mods was in my sig. As far as the brakes go.....your the problem. Now your trying to make it sound like my Baer Eradispeeds are drag brake. Which they are not.

evangto87
08-23-2012, 12:03 PM
so about the stock auto zl1 losing to the stock auto mustang gt in the OPs post..

HioSSilver
08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
so about the stock auto zl1 losing to the stock auto mustang gt in the OPs post..

Yea...that kinda sucks.

usnfenix
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
ok found something here. i found an article that will help alot of you guys that are saying zl1 is much better than the gt500

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/You_3b343e_976745.gif

be good
08-23-2012, 12:26 PM
ok i notice allot of brake fade issues. every one does know that taking any brake pads with street compound to a track will result in brake fade. rotor size has very little to do with fade resistance when using a pad out side of it's temp range.

and a 4000lbs 500-600hp vehicle is going to generate allot of heat.

2SSARME
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Is this shit still going on?

Fucking 5.0s are sALOWWWWWWWWWWW. A ZL1 will fuck it up.

Also the 1LE beat the boss lolololol. And the GT500 is still slower than vettes.
trolololol.

evangto87
08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Is this shit still going on?

Fucking 5.0s are sALOWWWWWWWWWWW. A ZL1 will fuck it up.

Also the 1LE beat the boss lolololol. And the GT500 is still slower than vettes.
trolololol.

useful information as usual

2SSARME
08-23-2012, 12:55 PM
useful information as usual

cant hear u cant hear u
5th gens wooooooooo
ayayyayyay
wooooooo
tune straight pipe yaaaaaaa
fuck mustangsssssszszszszszszzszs
5th genssszzz !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 1 !1331 1 ! !! ! ! !! ! ! ! !! !13123!"!

S8ER95Z
08-23-2012, 01:39 PM

Wait ... who is OP and this thread was about a ZL1?

evangto87
08-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Wait ... who is OP and this thread was about a ZL1?

exactly

S8ER95Z
08-23-2012, 01:43 PM
It isn't he ran xxx..Its the claims of retarded mods that he see's as stock. Or the fact he says has stock tranny yet its a beefed up faceplanted tranny/. Mise well be an auto. The fact he claims stock suspension yet its been drill/cut etc etc to lighten. Swapped brakes and this and that. Then his car always traps around 126 yet bang one time at track it picks up 33mph on the back half. Yet Odarabla's car don't even pick that up and it runs low 10's N/A and is a h/c and other stuff and makes way more power. His shit don't add up. Yet he makes these claims of times cause they in almost -1000 DA yet tries to compare to cars running in the summer in TX that are still faster then him. How he always bitches about some ones mods yet they are still faster and most have less done them him. Or how he wines when some one uses a gas he didn't use. How it has to be his gas or it don't count.

The only time anyone seems to give a fuck about DA is when they are trying to discredit someones time that went faster than expected. Run your car in +5000DA and have a 13 second time slip and no one gives 2 shits. I always get time, date and location from the slip and go check the DA myself. Honestly I don't go out of my way to provide the DA when people either don't know what it is or don't want to take it into consideration. I agree with you on the DA thing..should be pretty easy to calc two slips and get an idea of just how far off the cars are from each other.

spikestang
08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
The zL1 had 5 people in it, and the 5.0 was gutted with just a driver's seat.

ohioborn80
08-23-2012, 02:26 PM
The only time anyone seems to give a fuck about DA is when they are trying to discredit someones time that went faster than expected. Run your car in +5000DA and have a 13 second time slip and no one gives 2 shits. I always get time, date and location from the slip and go check the DA myself. Honestly I don't go out of my way to provide the DA when people either don't know what it is or don't want to take it into consideration. I agree with you on the DA thing..should be pretty easy to calc two slips and get an idea of just how far off the cars are from each other.

There was almost 2500 difference in DA and wbt's car still went faster. With less mods. He don't have no engine swap, beefed up tranny, or crazy chopped up k member or other cut up parts claiming they are still stock parts not modified.

S8ER95Z
08-23-2012, 02:44 PM
If that's true then where is the debate?

02sunsetorangeZ
08-23-2012, 02:49 PM
yes there has been stock passes in the high 11's i mean they did do slicks and what not but thats not effecting the power and everything, it was trapping 118. which is defintely quicker than a 5.0 that guy does need to learn to drive, id still rather have zl1 i think they are bad ass yea they got too much hype but still a bad ass engine and room to work with. that 5.0 defintely did not sound stock.

Irunelevens
08-23-2012, 03:20 PM
yes there has been stock passes in the high 11's i mean they did do slicks and what not but thats not effecting the power and everything, it was trapping 118. which is defintely quicker than a 5.0 that guy does need to learn to drive, id still rather have zl1 i think they are bad ass yea they got too much hype but still a bad ass engine and room to work with. that 5.0 defintely did not sound stock.

Slicks means not stock.

02sunsetorangeZ
08-23-2012, 03:42 PM
well i mean stock as in not modding the engine, to each his own. I mean its better than calling my car stock which a lot of people on here think bolt ons are stock. I would still bet with the right driver on the stock 305's in the rear they could get into the 11's.

Irunelevens
08-23-2012, 03:43 PM
As the temperatures fall, I'm sure they will.

02sunsetorangeZ
08-23-2012, 03:46 PM
i cant wait to see one with bolt ons and how they do specially on the street.

S8ER95Z
08-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Slicks means not stock.

This 10000000%. The word stock has been raped so many ways now I can't believe it even gets used anymore.

2SSARME
08-23-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm stock, my license plate says so

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/426533_10150749367864046_955734081_n.jpg

Mike Morris
08-23-2012, 03:53 PM
How fast has an auto ZL1 gone with a converter and blower swap? That would be interesting

02sunsetorangeZ
08-23-2012, 03:55 PM

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/426533_10150749367864046_955734081_n.jpg

o holy shit that must be stock! well it was an in depth review and it was a magazine and u can hear no cam and see no intake and all that. i know what u mean shit people say stock vs stock all the time like in this video and that mustang is loud as hell, i dont even say a cat back would be stock but so many people do.

02sunsetorangeZ
08-23-2012, 03:56 PM
How fast has an auto ZL1 gone with a converter and blower swap? That would be interesting

idk but i bet that would be sick even with the zr1 blowe be a nice set up

2SSARME
08-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Slicks means not stock.

Well I run on slicks and I'm stock. Whatcha gonna say bout that?

ohioborn80
08-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Well I run on slicks and I'm stock. Whatcha gonna say bout that?

Your almost as stock as me....

2SSARME
08-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Your almost as stock as me....

If you don't got a plate claiming stock, you ain't stock.

I'm stock.
You're very modded.

dsmfan95
08-23-2012, 04:52 PM

Haha, I love the license plate frame too.

GotHemi?
08-23-2012, 07:50 PM
well i mean stock as in not modding the engine, to each his own. I mean its better than calling my car stock which a lot of people on here think bolt ons are stock. I would still bet with the right driver on the stock 305's in the rear they could get into the 11's.

Yup, in negative DA. Which is pretty damn sad.

ohioborn80
08-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Yup, in negative DA. Which is pretty damn sad.

And it ran what 11.9 on Dr's. Pretty sad I think. My manual 5.0 went 12.1 on slicks being only mod. And few boss have went 11.5-11.7 with just tires.

02sunsetorangeZ
08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
damn i didnt see DA to each his own though, i dont hate them just needs to be refined. Hopefully in the next few years it can shed about 500 pounds that would be great.

TonyGXP
08-24-2012, 08:30 AM

u mean a stock auto ZL1 with just a converter and blower swap? :jest:

Mike Morris
08-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Uh whats so funny about that???

S8ER95Z
08-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Uh whats so funny about that???

He put 'stock' in the question. :) lol

409CISecondGen
08-24-2012, 11:45 AM
are you guys done yet? When we people understand that lap times are nothing more then a sales pitch..

Heres an example: The LS boss lap times were conviently 2 seconds slower then the original bosses testing. And the LS boss comes with COMP tires from the factory. The ZL1 beat the LS boss by 2 seconds on test (when the boss magically was 2 seconds slower). Now the 1LE has beaten it by 4 seconds. Does that mean the 1LE would yank the ZL1 around a track too? Its the same suspension, same chasis, with 160 less hp... and somethow faster? All these track test times are literally just marketing. I pay no attention to it even though others strive off it.

What i do know is that, get in the passenger seat of my car and let me take you down some twisties in the back roads... ill have your eye balls sucked out the side of your head... then tell me all about "test lap times"

Honestly... i hope the ZL1 is legitamately faster then the boss around a track. Im not going to be butt hurt if it is. Hell its such a fail in a straight line it better torch it through the curves. If the ILE is truly 4 seconds faster, then that means its faster then the ZL1. Either way... all these comparisons are paid for sales pitches.... bmw does it, ford does it, chevy does it. I have yet to see any REAL comparisons of the cars.

The only thing i can say in the bosses defense about beating the m3 on the track. It wasnt a one pass wonder where car and driver tested both cars. It was quite literally built at the road course...They started with a 3v GT and worked off that... eventually did the motor swap (which btw most of this cars lap time comes from the motor and its endless ability to rev).

I just want to point out the 1LE is 300lbs lighter, far less nose heavy, with closer transmission ratios, 3.91 gears, and the same suspension and tires. So yea I would expect it to turn similar or better lap times especially on a track that doesn't have long straight a ways. With the close gearing and 3.91s, combined with the 300lbs weight reduction it's going to make up alot of the power difference coming out of corners even if it will lose a straight roll with the ZL1.

evangto87
08-24-2012, 11:50 AM
I just want to point out the 1LE is 300lbs lighter, far less nose heavy, with closer transmission ratios, 3.91 gears, and the same suspension and tires. So yea I would expect it to turn similar or better lap times especially on a track that doesn't have long straight a ways. With the close gearing and 3.91s, combined with the 300lbs weight reduction it's going to make up alot of the power difference coming out of corners even if it will lose a straight roll with the ZL1.

its the same weight as the SS. The ss was absolutely embarrassed by the boss. I find it hard to believe that a rear gear adjustment and some different springs/shocks.... would not only completely close the gap... but put it 4 seconds ahead. Regardless... i didnt buy this car to go road racing.. I bought it for the motor. Theres a reason the crate boss motor costs 6k more then the crate coyote motor.

409CISecondGen
08-24-2012, 11:52 AM
its the same weight as the SS. The ss was absolutely embarrassed by the boss. I find it hard to believe that a rear gear adjustment and some different springs/shocks.... would not only completely close the gap... but put it 4 seconds ahead. Regardless... i didnt buy this car to go road racing.. I bought it for the motor. Theres a reason the crate boss motor costs 6k more then the crate coyote motor.

Well the SS pulled .92g, The ZL1 pulled 1.02g. So I would think with the same suspension and tires, 300lbs of weight reduction, and 52/48 weight distribution, the 1LE is going to be pretty quick in the corners.

Not to mention the 2013 Boss comes in significantly more expensive at $42,200 than the 1LE at $37,035

I'm not hating on the Boss, It's a quick car. I would consider a 14 mustang when they get IRS. :nod:

2SSARME
08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
5TH GEN WOOOOOOO
YAYAYAY
GOGOGOGO 5TH GREN BABY WE DA BEST
WOOOO
YAA

1LE has straight pipes and tune bro. You can't beat it.

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Well the SS pulled .92g, The ZL1 pulled 1.02g. So I would think with the same suspension and tires, 300lbs of weight reduction, and a better weight distribution, the 1LE is going to be pretty quick in the corners.

It may actually out handle the ZL1 in an auto X... but its going to be hard to trump the extra 160hp on the straights in a road course. To the point where the slight advantage it would have in the corners wont make up for it

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:02 PM
5TH GEN WOOOOOOO
YAYAYAY
GOGOGOGO 5TH GREN BABY WE DA BEST
WOOOO
YAA

1LE has straight pipes and tune bro. You can't beat it.

"settled" tune

HioSSilver
08-24-2012, 12:05 PM
At the rate it's goin the 1le might outrun the ZL
I don't think the SS was embarrassed by the boss at all. Notice in the vid they used a 2010 Camaro....probably with 2yr old tires and all. For 12 the camaro was up dated with fe4 suspension, which may or may not have made it win but with that and new tires would have closed the gap greatly.

http://youtu.be/Jr3SwDviPQ0

If anything it's a embarasment for the Boss, which is the best handleing Muststang that the average 2yr old camaro stayed that close.

2SSARME
08-24-2012, 12:07 PM
All joking aside, 1LE actually impresses me for what it is. Finally a 5th gen with some weight reduction. These 5th gens are fucking impressive with power, it's what people don't seem to grasp since so many kids run around with CAI only thinking they have a race car. Strap a shot or FI on these cars and they're deadly. ZL1 is just a failure because well GM is a failure.

I've invested about 25k in my car and I would grab a ZL1 and make it cry like a bitch. And I'm at full weight (39xxlbs). All I gotta do is swap my front tires to skinnies, drop my exhaust, take passenger seat and back seats out and I'll be around 37xx. Some other creative steps and I can be at 36xx. Catch me then.

409CISecondGen
08-24-2012, 12:12 PM
All joking aside, 1LE actually impresses me for what it is. Finally a 5th gen with some weight reduction. These 5th gens are fucking impressive with power, it's what people don't seem to grasp since so many kids run around with CAI only thinking they have a race car. Strap a shot or FI on these cars and they're deadly. ZL1 is just a failure because well GM is a failure.

It doesn't have weight reduction. It's the same weight as the SS. I think if GM had fund 100-200lbs to cut off it I would be in the dealership today. It comes in 5K more than the 5.0 and 5K less than a Boss.

Bottom Line: I really think GM should have spent about 5K more on both the ZL1 and the 1LE. They should have given the ZL1 the LS9 and the 1LE about 150lbs of weight reduction and a few more hp.

2SSARME
08-24-2012, 12:15 PM
It doesn't have weight reduction. It's the same weight as the SS. I think if GM had fund 100-200lbs to cut off it I would be in the dealership today. It comes in 5K more than the 5.0 and 5K less than a Boss.

Bottom Line: I really think GM should have spent about 5K more on both the ZL1 and the 1LE. They should have given the ZL1 the LS9 and the 1LE about 150lbs of weight reduction and a few more hp.

I could've sworn the 1LE had weight reduction.

GM sucks again.

LS9 in ZL1 and LS7 in 1LE, but at those prices you can't stick those motors in.

409CISecondGen
08-24-2012, 12:17 PM
I could've sworn the 1LE had weight reduction.

GM sucks again.

LS9 in ZL1 and LS7 in 1LE, but at those prices you can't stick those motors in.

Honestly I think the LS7 in a 1LE with 200lbs of weight reduction WOULD outrun the ZL1 for less money to boot :jest:

3650lbs/505hp=7.23lbs per hp
4150lbs/580hp=7.15lbs per hp

Being 400lbs lighter with better gearing and the same tires, a lightened 1LE with an LS7 would destroy the ZL1 in the 1/4 mile. Not to mention dry sump fixing the aforementioned oil starvation issues and getting far better gas mileage to boot.

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:20 PM
At the rate it's goin the 1le might outrun the ZL

I don't think the SS was embarrassed by the boss at all. Notice in the vid they used a 2010 Camaro....probably with 2yr old tires and all. For 12 the camaro was up dated with fe4 suspension, which may or may not have made it win but with that and new tires would have closed the gap greatly.

http://youtu.be/Jr3SwDviPQ0

If anything it's a embarasment for the Boss, which is the best handleing Muststang that the average 2yr old camaro stayed that close.

ok come on man can we be real here for a second. These 2 cars are on the EXACT same tire. Please dont throw out things like "probably 2 year old tires". And how are these 2 cars close in this video? The camaro starts off ahead, gets pulled by right after the first turn and it gets pulled away from consistantly the ENTIRE race. Theres nothing close about that. Both cars have absolute GARBAGE tires so please dont give that advantage to the boss. What i see is a car that turns harder and accelerates faster, beating an SS pretty well on the road course.

I understand you like camaros... its clear.. you hate mustangs, thats also clear. But please do not compare these 2 cars and give credit where its due. If you watched any GT racing, you would see that this looks like 2 cars that are in 2 different classes racing each other.

2SSARME
08-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Honestly I think the LS7 in a 1LE with 200lbs of weight reduction WOULD outrun the ZL1 for less money to boot :jest:

It would destroy the ZL1.

If GM ever makes a camaro with an LS7, I'll be the first in line to buy it. Nothing like an 11 comp engine with a big ole cam.

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:22 PM

ive been saying that for a long time now... Z28 = ls7 powered, 3500lb, 3.73 geared. Would be the best handling/ fastest straight line camaro to date. But that wont happen. However i did see a savage SLP car at one of the auto shows. Na ls7 SS. Pretty badass car.... but 85+k

409CISecondGen
08-24-2012, 12:26 PM
ive been saying that for a long time now... Z28 = ls7 powered, 3500lb, 3.73 geared. Would be the best handling/ fastest straight line camaro to date. But that wont happen. However i did see a savage SLP car at one of the auto shows. Na ls7 SS. Pretty badass car.... but 85+k

That's why I would buy a 1LE and drop 20K on hp and weight reduction before I buy a ZL1. But then again, I would just buy a GTO and spend 35K on it first, oh wait that's what I'm doing. :judge:

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:29 PM
That's why I would buy a 1LE and drop 20K on hp and weight reduction before I buy a ZL1. But then again, I would just buy a GTO and spend 35K on it first, oh wait that's what I'm doing. :judge:

id say your doing the better of the 2. I still miss my GTO sometimes... mine was just too far into being a race car that i didnt want it anymore.

2SSARME
08-24-2012, 12:30 PM

3650lbs/505hp=7.23lbs per hp
4150lbs/580hp=7.15lbs per hp

Being 400lbs lighter with better gearing and the same tires, a lightened 1LE with an LS7 would destroy the ZL1 in the 1/4 mile. Not to mention dry sump fixing the aforementioned oil starvation issues and getting far better gas mileage to boot.

Or just let them build my car

3950/775hp=5.09lbs per hp

:nod:

409CISecondGen
08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
id say your doing the better of the 2. I still miss my GTO sometimes... mine was just too far into being a race car that i didnt want it anymore.

Yea, I'm surprised at how quickly I lost weight on it. Weighted 3730 with me (195lbs) in it last time at the track, and that was before catless headers, wheels, and clutch. Now I'm tempted to buy some racing seats and lose another 100lbs lol

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Yea, I'm surprised at how quickly I lost weight on it. Weighted 3730 with me (195lbs) in it last time at the track, and that was before headers.

lowest i had mine down to was 3300.... but again... racecar. I tried making it enjoyable again but putting some stuff back in it. Was 3580 with me in it when i ran it last (im 165)

409CISecondGen
08-24-2012, 12:36 PM
lowest i had mine down to was 3300.... but again... racecar. I tried making it enjoyable again but putting some stuff back in it. Was 3580 with me in it when i ran it last (im 165)

Yup, I'm convinced I can get it down to 3400 dry and completely daily drivable: radio, carpet, interior panels, 4 seats.

2SSARME
08-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Shit evan, didn't know this was you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzgbabi9BA

stumprrp
08-24-2012, 12:39 PM
165 evan? damn you fatty =D

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Yup, I'm convinced I can get it down to 3400 dry and completely daily drivable: radio, carpet, interior panels, 4 seats.

should be easier for you... you have a 50lb advantage on mine (transmission)..

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Shit evan, didn't know this was you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzgbabi9BA

you bet thats me... blue salvage titled, one lambo doored, 700hp rocket ship baby!.... with stock air box and manifolds!!

evangto87
08-24-2012, 12:46 PM
165 evan? damn you fatty =D

in reality... yes i am.. i need to be 145

2SSARME
08-24-2012, 12:49 PM
you bet thats me... blue salvage titled, one lambo doored, 700hp rocket ship baby!.... with stock air box and manifolds!!

Awesome. Wish you still had it! I want those blue wires!

blk/slvr02ss
08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
And thats one of the reason's why i moved to Florida so i did not have to deal w/ that shit anymore but being a Chevy Guy i do like the Boss now maybe if i keep in touch w/ my other side of my Family the Tasca's i could get the family discount !!! lol

evangto87
08-24-2012, 01:10 PM
And thats one of the reason's why i moved to Florida so i did not have to deal w/ that shit anymore but being a Chevy Guy i do like the Boss now maybe if i keep in touch w/ my other side of my Family the Tasca's i could get the family discount !!! lol

GT500 at half off? Lol

blk/slvr02ss
08-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Yea i know but it is Sad i had 28 Camaro's already and i would take a Boss or GT500 over a ZL-1 and thats hard to admit !!!!