General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

coolant and turn signal issues....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy coolant and turn signal issues....

Ok first I just got back from afghanistan and my wife told me my car was leaking. I check underneath and sure enough there was coolant all along the oil pan and everything was wet. I couldnt see anything leaking so I wiped everything down and sprayed everything with brake clean. Drove the car and noticed the low coolant light came on so I drove it home and didnt see anything leaking anywhere. This morning I checked the coolant levels in the resevoir and the radiator and their both good. The car will not overheat and the t stat and fans seem to be working fine. I checked the oil and coolant and it doesnt seem that either are mixing. Any ideas on what this could be or where to check?

Also, my left turn signal isnt working in the front or back and the indicator on the dash goes bright,dim then off and is very slow when doing so when the right side on the dash and at the bulbs works completely fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Banned

52 views and no ideas?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by stevez2885
Ok first I just got back from afghanistan and my wife told me my car was leaking. I check underneath and sure enough there was coolant all along the oil pan and everything was wet. I couldnt see anything leaking so I wiped everything down and sprayed everything with brake clean. Drove the car and noticed the low coolant light came on so I drove it home and didnt see anything leaking anywhere. This morning I checked the coolant levels in the resevoir and the radiator and their both good. The car will not overheat and the t stat and fans seem to be working fine. I checked the oil and coolant and it doesnt seem that either are mixing. Any ideas on what this could be or where to check?
Check the weep hole on the water pump. If it starts leaking, (its behind the pulley.) it will be hard to see but the fluid will drip down to the bottom of the engine and on the A/C compressor.

Originally Posted by stevez2885
Also, my left turn signal isnt working in the front or back and the indicator on the dash goes bright,dim then off and is very slow when doing so when the right side on the dash and at the bulbs works completely fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance guys.
Sounds just like a bad flasher.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wssix99
Check the weep hole on the water pump. If it starts leaking, (its behind the pulley.) it will be hard to see but the fluid will drip down to the bottom of the engine and on the A/C compressor.

Sounds just like a bad flasher.
Hey thanks man, I was looking for it to come out of the weephole but found nothing. I figured it would be a flasher except the fact that the dash light goes dim and then goes off and neither light illuminates. But ill def check both
Old 08-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

collant leak on the oil pan is either the water pump or the waterpump gaskets. turn on the hazard switch and see if everything works correctly . If so you have narrowed it down to the turn signal switch. if the right turn signal works fine now then i would say the flasher is not the issue.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CATDIESEL
collant leak on the oil pan is either the water pump or the waterpump gaskets. turn on the hazard switch and see if everything works correctly . If so you have narrowed it down to the turn signal switch. if the right turn signal works fine now then i would say the flasher is not the issue.
Your right it wasnt the flasher....the rear turn signal bulb on the left side was corroded and I cleaned it and the fron bulb was shattered thanks to my bulb socket in the front needing replaced but I replaced the bulb in the front and the left side works fine now. As far as the leak I still cant find the coolant leak but I did notice my oil pan gasket was leaking and ordered one.....but FML its going to be alot more work than i though lmao

Quick Reply: coolant and turn signal issues....