Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HpTuners or Holley HP

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HpTuners or Holley HP

I am not trying to pit one against the other I just want some insight in to which would be better for a beginner such as myself.
I have an 85 C10 w/LS swap. I modified a stock harness to stand alone and I am not happy with it bc it just doesn't look the way I envisioned it. I am in the market for a stand alone harness and was planning on getting HPtuners as well so with that being said the price is close to the same between the 2. I will eventually have a twin turbo 5.3/4l80e
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would go with the Holley HP...
the stock pcm does a good job, but you really have to know what you are doing to be able to tune a vehicle and make it run well...
the Holley is self tuning and you can start with their LS1 profile and just change a few small things to match your setup, and it runs and drives great.
plus you have the benefit of a wideband that corrects all the time, including at WOT, which the stock pcm does not do

the holley harness also looks better than the stock harness does...which is the point you made against your modified stock harness

when you go to twin turbo.. its much easier to use teh Holley than it will be to use HP Tuners to get your tune straight...plug in a new 2 bar/3 bar map sensor, change injector values, redo the spark tables to have lower timing while under boost....and go driving... it self tunes.
the HP Tuners/stock pcm... wont do anything and its a lot harder to tune a Forced induction motor if you dont know what you are doing...you can easily hurt the motor with boost and going lean on HP Tuners...the Holley will always correct so you just set desired AFR and it does the rest for you...
buddy of mine had a $30,000 twin turbo motor that had a fuel pump issue.. the holley saved it from being a $30,000 mistake.... the stock pcm would not have even tried to do anything.

my Vote goes to the Holley.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 527 Likes on 333 Posts

You are also looking at a 10 year difference in technology. I would vote holley as well.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holley!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to learn what your cars doing and how its doing it HP is the best. but if you just wanna run and gun dont go for it. Tuning with HP takes ALOT of time and learning to become efficent with it. With all that said, HP is very rewarding. but not for everyone

Quick Reply: HpTuners or Holley HP