PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get an AEM Wideband and HP Tuners Pro working together on E85

Old 08-24-2012, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get an AEM Wideband and HP Tuners Pro working together on E85

Alright this problem to me seemed really straight forward but I am obviously doing something wrong...

I bought HP Tuners Pro so I could bring in the information from my wideband to tune with and get my MAF perfect.

I went ahead and got everything working, all data comes in correctly and the numbers match but there is one problem. Lambda may be the same for all fuels but the AEM only does Gas AFR and I am running E85 so the AFR in the Corvette is set to those levels... so I can not tune with the information.

I thought it would be simple enough to tell it in the filter box to multiply the value it gets by .663 but thats not working... someone else told me to try this:
Create a new AFR error in user defined and put

100*([YOUR WB02 HERE]-([SENS.121]+5))/([SENS.121]+5)

that is how mine is and it works perfect
However that does not work either, seems anything with the SENS.121 has an issue working as a mater of fact... leading me to believe I am possibly not logging it but if I am not mistaken that's the commanded AFR and it is logged.

So how can I either convert my whole tune over to Lambda in the PCM or get this AFR number coming in from the AEM into the E85 conversion numbers?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cross
Alright this problem to me seemed really straight forward but I am obviously doing something wrong...

I bought HP Tuners Pro so I could bring in the information from my wideband to tune with and get my MAF perfect.

I went ahead and got everything working, all data comes in correctly and the numbers match but there is one problem. Lambda may be the same for all fuels but the AEM only does Gas AFR and I am running E85 so the AFR in the Corvette is set to those levels... so I can not tune with the information.

I thought it would be simple enough to tell it in the filter box to multiply the value it gets by .663 but thats not working... someone else told me to try this:

However that does not work either, seems anything with the SENS.121 has an issue working as a mater of fact... leading me to believe I am possibly not logging it but if I am not mistaken that's the commanded AFR and it is logged.

So how can I either convert my whole tune over to Lambda in the PCM or get this AFR number coming in from the AEM into the E85 conversion numbers?

Thanks!
100*([AUX.20124]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

The aux is my wideband. My aem worked for me on gas, but the e85 had a problem. I swapped to the mtx and it's been spot on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trying to get an AEM Wideband and HP Tuners Pro working together on E85