Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

trying to build a power valve with no epoxy modifications

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trying to build a power valve with no epoxy modifications

I tryed to do a hangar18 power valve with no luck. I have no luck getting the spring retainer off the power valve with out damage and the fuel ate the epoxy twice, i also seen online the copper cap and spring power valve but i dont want to epoxy the float for clearance cause i already had a float get fuel contaminated so i know it will probably get contaminated if i use epoxy. So that leads me to this idea, cut the spring retainer off, discard spring, twist a pen spring on the stub sticking out, cut a flat piece of alum. drill holes for the jets to retain the plate, drill a small screw in center of plate so the spring will stay centered, then drill small holes around the parameter of center screw for fuel access. then the whole tire inflater pump to center of carb main body deal. Any opinions one this one? I think i have it all figured out, pls let me know if im missing something.
Attached Thumbnails trying to build a power valve with no epoxy modifications-img_8210.jpg   trying to build a power valve with no epoxy modifications-img_8215.jpg  

Quick Reply: trying to build a power valve with no epoxy modifications