Window tint in the San Marcos/S. Austin area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint in the San Marcos/S. Austin area?

Well my Camaro has needed re-tinting for quite some time now. I've talked to the guys at Mother tint and audio (seemed average) and talked to Sal of Sal's House of Tint (sponsor of Austin F-bodies forum, and seemed very professional). I'm out of state for work, so I will be having my roommate take my car to the place I end up choosing. So my question is, anyone have any input on Sal or any other tint shops between New Braunsfels to south Austin? Thanks, Duke
Old 08-26-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopkins and long in San marcos, little tint shop before railroad. Had them do tiny on my wife's car when we lived up there.. Not impressed, can't Remb if that's mothers or not. Not professional at all small shop
Old 08-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Hopkins and long in San marcos, little tint shop before railroad. Had them do tiny on my wife's car when we lived up there.. Not impressed, can't Remb if that's mothers or not. Not professional at all small shop
Hhmmm. Mothers is off E. Hopkins, maybe few blocks from Long. It's shaped like a barn and near the HEB. Prob a different place, but thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I just checked google maps, Its mothers. Just seemed like a shady shop run by younger kids. I waited in there room and the car before me they drove fast then slammed on brakes into the stall.. Oh plus took them forever, then they cut too much around the 3rd brake light so sun came through.. Maybe I just had bad luck
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Yea I just checked google maps, Its mothers. Just seemed like a shady shop run by younger kids. I waited in there room and the car before me they drove fast then slammed on brakes into the stall.. Oh plus took them forever, then they cut too much around the 3rd brake light so sun came through.. Maybe I just had bad luck
This is exactly what I was worried about. That's why I called a few other places after talking to them on the phone. I want to be as sure as I can in the shop I choose, since I can't be there in person to choose.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Sals-- you'll be happy.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM
9 Second Club

Can't come back to League City and have it done? I just had Pablo Blue tint my C6Z and they did an amazing job. I had some cheaper place do the WS6, and I wasn't very impressed.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Sals-- you'll be happy.
Im really considering him, his website looks good and the phone talk we had the other day impressed me on professionalism.

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Can't come back to League City and have it done? I just had Pablo Blue tint my C6Z and they did an amazing job. I had some cheaper place do the WS6, and I wasn't very impressed.
Well I'm in different states every other week. And when I do come home it's not for long. Hence why I'm trying to have it done while I'm away so I don't have to waste a day while home, without a car. For the removal of my old crap tint and installation of new film w/lifetime warranty, it's 280 out the door. Mothers was offering about 70 lesser than that, but as GSXR and me discussed above, I'm not convinced in their work. But if it's worth it, I'll just have it done when I get back to TX and go to LC for a day or two. What's was Pablo's pricing? PM me if need be Josh. Thanks
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sal ! He did both of my cars .
Old 08-26-2012, 08:11 PM
9 Second Club

For the vette, it was $300. It took him 4 hours.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jaysan
Sal ! He did both of my cars .
Thanks for the vote!

Originally Posted by Slash8915
For the vette, it was $300. It took him 4 hours.
I've heard of them before, and have heard great reviews. But the way it's already looking on this thread. I believe Sal will have another customer this week. Congrats on the Z btw. When I come into town I'll give you a shout. Catch a bite at hooters or something. I'd love to see the new ride!

But keep the comments coming guys! Duke

Quick Reply: Window tint in the San Marcos/S. Austin area?