Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Master Power T70 Turbo, Damaged

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Master Power T70 Turbo, Damaged

Category: Engine - Power Adders
Price: $150
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I bought this from member SippiSpeedhawk and it showed up damaged, the member refused to refund my money and it was beyond PayPal's 45 day rule.

The damage is that it appears to have suffered a fall onto the compressor housing, warping the compressor housing back plate and one of the housing brackets. When tightening down the compressor bolts, the corners of the compressor wheel will touch the inside of the compressor housing. The wheel can still spin, but it just rubs. This is the only sign of damage, there are no impact marks or dents.

I was going to throw it away but thought that someone could buy it as a donor turbo for rebuild parts (since Master Power no longer exists). Or if someone wanted to file down the corners of the compressor wheel and re-balance it I'm guessing it would work fine. Or maybe you have the means of fixing the compressor back plate.

I was told it has about 500 miles of use on it, and the overall condition is very good. About 0.01" radial shaft play (normal even for new turbos) and no axial play. The shaft does not appear to be bent. Turbine and turbine housing are in good condition. Turbine housing is 0.96 AR and was coated and cured with VHT flame proof paint. Compressor housing was painted gloss black with high temp engine paint.

Pics of said damage can be seen here: http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab251/ferocity02/

SOLD

Please PM me!

Last edited by Ferocity02; 08-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id take it if I had the money!! Sorry to hear about problems. GLWS

Quick Reply: Master Power T70 Turbo, Damaged