Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Mcleod clutch problems (Ft. Bliss)

Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mcleod clutch problems (Ft. Bliss)

I curently have a 2001 Z28 with a T56; installed with a Mcleod RST Dual Disc kit, Mcleod Slave Cylinder Billet 1373 and Mcleod Master Cylinder. I have put roughly 5,000 miles (over the past year and a half) on the transmission with this setup. I have had it down the track about 20 times since installing it. however it has been 6 months since I have been to the track. So with minimal abuse, the clutch has been treated fairly decently.

Here is the problem.

While at low speeds the clutch tends to slip slightly then engage at steady speeds, after you begin to slowly accelerate it begins to slightly slip again. However, at high speeds(under heavy load) the clutch is completly locked in and there is no slip at all. I can burn out, I can shift hard and drop gears and go from a roll with no problem. It is only when I am under a light load in everyday use.

I called several transmission shops and no one is familiar with the Mcleod clutch. I called Mcleod and they are baffled by this problem.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there any one in my area who can help me work on my clutch or inform me of a trustworthy shop I could take it to?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you on Southwestdrags.com? Lots of good guys on there that can refer you to good shops in El Paso and which ones to stay away from. Try Southwest Gear, they are over by Dyer and Bob is the best guy I know in El Paso when it comes to that stuff, real honest and great work
Old 11-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an old post now but I 2nd Southwest Gear

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mcleod clutch problems (Ft. Bliss)