New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i start to worrie

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i start to worrie

hey all first let me say sorry for my ignorance. Ok i rolled my 1998 z28 camaro out of the garage today and i seen coolant on the floor maybe 2-3 drops. Two days ago i hammerd into it alittle and started to smell antifreeze pulled into the gas station popped the hood and looked under the car no leaks what so ever. Now the antifreeze on my floor is green inside the radiator its bright orange. What gives? should i flush the radiator or should i leave it alone? Here are 2 pics of whts in the radiator.
Attached Thumbnails should i start to worrie-20120828_114317.jpg   should i start to worrie-20120828_114335.jpg  
Old 08-28-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like Dex Cool to me. I just flushed my radiator last week and it looks exactly the same. So your radiator fluid has always been green and then turned this color out of no where? That's odd, are you sure you didn't just top off the radiator with the green stuff one day assuming the radiator fluid was the green stuff already in your car?

And about the leak (finding drops on the floor of your garage and smelling antifreeze), I'd get under the car with a flashlight and find out where it's leaking from.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 PM

ive only had the car for about 3 weeks now and havent added any coolant. The coolant on the floor you can clearly see that its green and is coolant im about to take a look under there and see if i cant find the leak. Im juat not sure why it would be orange in the radiator and then green on the floor. Beats me LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your a/c compressor. When I had an AC leak in my old car it was green all around there.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:55 PM

777 thats what it is thank you both very much
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

if you do have dex cool and green coolant in the car then you should flush the system and then refill with dexcool. if you can smell anti freeze check the fluid levels after a drive and see if it goes down.

Quick Reply: should i start to worrie