Sponsored by:

Log Fuel Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Log Fuel Pressure?

I have a 2002 camaro tuning it with efi live to run e85. I put a ractronix wire and pump kit in and I'm wondering if i am running out of fuel pressure or the injectors simply can't keep up.

I can see at around 6000rpm my injector duty cycle is hitting 100%, and wanted to log fuel pressure but didn't see any pid's for it. Did i miss something or is there no factory fuel pressure gauge on these cars??? Also had some delayed starts when cranking and wanted to see if it is also related to the fuel pump. (never had issues before)

thanks for the help.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is not a factory fuel pressure sensor... there is an old tutorial around showing how to install one on the fuel rail and then wire it into unused pins on the PCM so you can log it with a calculated pid. Not sure if it is on the EFILive website anymore or not...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is sorta what i figured, I would have to get my own electronic fuel pressure sender. I am surprised that isn't something GM wanted to monitor.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Lightbulb How it's done....

Originally Posted by gpr
This is sorta what i figured, I would have to get my own electronic fuel pressure sender. I am surprised that isn't something GM wanted to monitor.
http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just put a fuel pressure gauge on it and stick it under the wiper arm where you can see it and go for a test drive. I played around with an autometer electric sender on the rail test port but found that it wasn't accurate once the underhood temps got up. It would be out by 20 psi sometimes.

Quick Reply: Log Fuel Pressure?