Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam install

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam install

I recently found a ls1 hot cam and ls6 springs for a very good price. My 00 m6 ws6 is a dd, so I'm sure this cam will work out great for my use especially for the price. My question is, what else, parts wise, will I need for a proper swap? I will get a tune of course, but other than that I am unsure of what all is needed. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't necessarily need pushrods, but I would recommend at least getting some hardened ones as the stock ones are prone to flex. I would also say that you need at least some kind of gasket kit including: timing cover gasket, waterpump gaskets, front crankshaft seal, and new balancer bolt. That should have you covered besides fluids. If you have any questions about the swap feel free to give us a call, we also carry all of these gaskets and have them in stock, if you cant source any locally.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Would your 7.425" pushrods work? And it turns out the ls6 springs have some mileage on them, so what springs would you recommend?
Old 08-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Teching In

And also, what about upgrading the timing chain and oil pump? If the hot cam falls through, I most likely will end up buying the texas speed 224. Thanks for all the help!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:55 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I would wait on the pushrods until you get a chance to measure so that you order the correct length you need. Chain and pump are not a "must" but definitely recommended.
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

just call TSP and get one of there cams. you can get a cam for your goals rather than just a hotcam.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

An LS2 timing set is a good upgrade to do(or a double roller). You will definately need a harmonic balancer bolt since the factory ones are toque to yield and not reusable.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Well said guys.. deff a good idea for some diesal pushrods texas speed has a real nice cam kit at a decent price.. those guys know what there doing u will make real good power with there setups and it come with all the extras to just my 02 cents good luck brother
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We can definitely get you all setup, if you want to check out our camshafts online here is a link with info on all of them.

http://www.texas-speed.com/c-127-camshafts.aspx

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Quick Reply: Cam install