General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Several codes and problems all at once....help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several codes and problems all at once....help

This doesn't make sense to me guys but I think its electrical.

Occasionally I would get a code P0122 for low circuit TPS. I replaced TPS, did reset etc, it would come back sometimes. I started to notice I only got the code when car was idling with a/c on, volt gauge only showing 9-10v.

I checked battery with meter and only had 11.70 with it running. My wife drove the car later that day and called and said it had quit. It would barely crank, run really rough if you could keep it running. I scanned it and now have codes p0121 TPS performance, p0122 TPS low circuit, p1637 generator L low circuit, p0719 low circuit Tcc/ brake switch.

Odd mix of codes I thought. I've checked all grounds and can't find a problem there. But here's the real kicker, I finally checked fuel pressure and it has none, put a gauge on it, turn switch to ON, you can here the pump run to prime, gauge moves to 15psi or so and drops right back down. I'm sure that's why car won't run, but I wonder if it could be electrical or a coincidence that the fuel pump and alternator give problems at same time.

Car is 02' Z28 in my Sig
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 AM
9 Second Club

Car had a Fuel pump and Alternator issue at same time. Go figure. It's fixed now though.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

I've seen alternator issues cause TPS issues, crazy that you had the fuel pump also die on you. Glad to hear you've got it fixed!

Quick Reply: Several codes and problems all at once....help